Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Didn't get the email, but here is the link....

https://www.delta.com/marketing/happ...Birthday&Log=1
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:35 am

Got mine this morning, too. No real plans to fly DL this month, but you never know...
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I haven't gotten mine, and I have a July birthday. I haven't been receiving some e-mails from Delta, so my ISP may be filtering. (I didn't get the e-mail about fuel surcharge on award tickets, or the e-mail on the threshold benefits.)

Thank you tarajim for posting the link - worked for me!

Thanks!

David

(Happy Birthday to me.......!)
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Good only on the FIRST Delta RT flight -
Wow. You know I totally missed that in the T&C? Oh well. Not nearly as exciting now.

Disregard my earlier questions. I'm sure they'll credit my OW OMA-ATL this week and that will be that.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tarajim
Didn't get the email, but here is the link....

https://www.delta.com/marketing/happ...Birthday&Log=1
I didn't get the email either, but I tried the link and I am now in for double MQMs this month. Thanks for the link.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
I still have not received an email for this promotion and my birthday is the 27th of this month. When I try to register for it, it says that my skymiles number is not eligible for this promotion. This really bites!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
"earn bonus on your first Delta-marketed/operated round trip flight purchased between July 1, 2008 and July 31, 2008 and flown between July 1, 2008 and August 31, 2008."

say i book a flight today and i book another tomorrow, but the one i book tomorrow departs first. do i get the bonus on the first purchased or first flown?

if i were a computer i would interpret it as you get the bonus on the first itinerary that meets both conditions, purchased and flown during the window.

this could make a huge difference for me, i have a short hop 500 mile min coming up and then a cross country a few weeks after that... obviously i want the longer trip to count. to further complicate it the long one is a multi-city itinerary that will have a few day stop in the midwest. is that still a round trip, considering i end up where i started?

any guesses?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
Coal for me

I have a June birthday and nothing for me sucks.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gte157q
this could make a huge difference for me, i have a short hop 500 mile min coming up and then a cross country a few weeks after that... obviously i want the longer trip to count. to further complicate it the long one is a multi-city itinerary that will have a few day stop in the midwest. is that still a round trip, considering i end up where i started?

any guesses?
Could you wait to register for the promo till after the first short-hop and before the longer trip?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
"Could you wait to register for the promo till after the first short-hop and before the longer trip?"

not sure... the email doesn't say anything about the timing of the registration, just that you must register by jul31. i would guess that no matter when you register the bonus will apply to first purchase/flight in july.

if only the email showed up on jun30 i could have bought my short hop ticket that day and been set!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; Avis Preferred; Delta Silver
So has anyone received their bonus MQM for the June birthday offer?

I booked a round trip in June and flew in July. Since the promo doesn't seem to show up anywhere I see myself having to chase the bonus MQM down with customer service.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 5:56 am

Programs: DL HH
Originally Posted by bryansj
So has anyone received their bonus MQM for the June birthday offer?

I booked a round trip in June and flew in July. Since the promo doesn't seem to show up anywhere I see myself having to chase the bonus MQM down with customer service.
I have not recieved mine for June yet but since it is for travel up to the end of july i wouldnt expect it till early august best case.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:06 pm

That's amazing, now they are giving away miles for having a birthday ?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Anyone already gotten the MQMs for this?

Two questions.

1) I am virtually certain that I registered for the promo, but there is no way to verify. Trying to reregister (my cutoff date for registering was 7/31) gives me the "This Campaign is not active" screen". I've got an email into Skymiles, but thought that one of the other mavens here would have a suggestion...

2) I've booked an international upgradeable itinerary using PMUs and I've gotten the upgrades confirmed. I have not yet forked the certificates over. In the past, the upgrade would require a reissue. Can someone that's already gotten the double MQMs verify that the MQMs will still come through if the ticket is reissued solely to accommodate a PMU upgrade?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; Avis Preferred; Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Can someone that's already gotten the double MQMs...
I asked a question about when the MQMs show up and decided to read the fine print of the offer: "Bonus miles or MQMs will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion".

This is a two month long promo and mine was a June birthday which was the first round of the promo. Point is that nobody should have received the bonus since July 31st is the end of the first promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.