Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed, or SDC, Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed, or SDC, Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Yes this is valid. Tickets normally do not cancel until the evening of departure, so there should be no issue, although a call to SMS could never hurt as others have suggested. I would also call the evening before just to see if seats are available on the flight you want to take. I rarely use SDC in this way because if there are no seats on the later flight and you skip your confirmed flight, it could be messy. I would feel fine as long as SMS confirmed there were plenty of seats on the 11AM flight, also check the departures prior to the flight you desire to make sure there are no cancelations... That could cause the previously empty flight you want to get on to suddenly fill up.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
I just SDC'ed today from a 8am flight to a 11:30am flight (and still had my UG clear at the gate on the new flight)
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
As long as your are changing to a flight on the same date its not a problem. For example, you would not be able to change from an 11PM flight to the 1245AM flight because the date changed. But in your scenario its not a problem. You really should consider the risk factor as stated in a previous post. Another airline could cancel, or earlier flights could be oversold and passenger moved to the flight you want to take.

Why not consider looking into whether changing the ticket would only cost you the $50 change fee?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Secondary question for anyone still following along

No need to SDC since the u/g cleared - I think I'll be fine. The equipment is a 737-800. I never fly this a/c. They put me in 4C. The only seats left are the corners (1A, 1D, 4A, 4D) and seatguru says there are reports that row 4 doesn't recline on all a/c. I switched to the bulkhead. My legs aren't extraordinarily long and there should be plenty of space in the overhead bins with 4 F seats still open and lots of empties in Y.

I'm not a sound sleeper, but no one will be climbing over me in a bulkhead window and I'd rather have the guaranteed recline than the footrest. I'll be ok - right?

I still have multiple Saturday flight options, but need to be home to watch a football game (funny, I haven't heard boo from USCGamecock this week )after dinner so would opt for the early ones around 6:00-8:00 am.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:26 am

I much prefer Row 4 in the 738s, I find the bulkheads to be very cramped and have never sat in Row 4 where it didn't recline. As another added bonus, the FAs normally don't make me put my seat up for takeoff when seated there.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:29 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mtparadis
I much prefer Row 4 in the 738s, I find the bulkheads to be very cramped and have never sat in Row 4 where it didn't recline. As another added bonus, the FAs normally don't make me put my seat up for takeoff when seated there.
A second vote for Row 4. Much better than the bulkhead, IMO.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:34 pm

(Another) SDC Question

Does anyone know if it's possible to SDC onto a flight that forces an overnight? For example, say you are flying XXX-CVG-YYY and switch to XXX-ATL, but the last ATL-YYY flight leaves before you arrive in ATL. Anyone ever tried something like that?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:45 pm

Programs: Not enough to count anymore
Originally Posted by mtparadis
Does anyone know if it's possible to SDC onto a flight that forces an overnight? For example, say you are flying XXX-CVG-YYY and switch to XXX-ATL, but the last ATL-YYY flight leaves before you arrive in ATL. Anyone ever tried something like that?
I called SMS on this last week and they said no-go. Last in-first out connection does not fly for SDC according to the agent I talked to...
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:49 pm

Thanks. I figured I wasn't the first person trying to do this.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
This begs the question: can you SDC from a LIFO overnight itinerary, that otherwise complies with all the SDC rules, to an itinerary that does not require an overnight stopover?

This could be an incentive in possibly booking LIFO flights if they are cheaper with the knowledge one could probably SDC to the day of travel.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:04 pm

I don't see why the "LIFO liquidation" above wouldn't work. You can SDC off of redeyes with a next-day connection assuming your redeye leaves 11:59 or earlier.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
More SDC Questions . . .

Ok, so I have a MR this weekend: 12/2 DAB-ATL-CLT-ATL-LAX-SBP overnight 12/3 SBP-LAX-ATL-DAB. Will DL know if I actually board the LAX-SBP-LAX flights with American Eagle? I want to SDC on their LAX-ATL flight that leaves after Midnight. Will this be possible?
Thanks,
SR
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
They'll most certainly know and if you don't show up for the LAX-SBP don't worry about the SBP-LAX or the LAX-ATL-DAB they'll all be cancelled.

SDC is allowed from another airport.
SDC is not allowed on a different date. The date changes at midnight so different charges would apply

The only way for this to be possible is to have your ticket reissued to return from LAX and pay the appropriate fares.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
SDC to Y fare?

So Wednesday I did MIA-ATL-GSO SDC on both legs to get there earlier. On the MIA-ATL leg they kept my ticket as an L ticket and just gave me a new BP. On the ATL-GSO leg, however, the agent took me from an L to a Y ticket. I checked and the bonus MQMs with a Y ticket posted. Granted, ATL-GSO only gets me 250 mroe, but is this standard for SDC?

Matt
Old Jan 12, 2007, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Several times, if I have an actual agent do the SDC (instead of the kiosk), they'll just rebook it into the next available fare class - I've had a few trips that have changed from a L/U/T/K fare (and in one case - an award ticket) to full Y tickets. Helps a lot as a Silver to jump to the front of the upgrade list (it's helped me beat out other Medallions a few times, which has been nice), and I don't mind the bonus MQMs/miles (especially in the case of that award fare becoming an extra 1500 MQMs/RDMs - was able to change a mileage run from a BOS-PHX trip to a BOS-RDU trip - less wear on my body, and was quite a bit cheaper, so I was able to get $100 back, even after the $50 change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.