Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed, or SDC, Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed, or SDC, Frequently Asked Questions, or FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by vinnmann
First, have DL put the flights you want on a waitlist. If they clear, you can change the flight without paying the change fee.
Can someone point me to something in writing on this policy? I just talked to the partner award desk and they tell me that even when you waitlist it's still a $50 change fee if you clear.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:32 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 6:34 am
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:53 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
International SDC ?

My family and I will be flying LGW-CVG-SLC 2 on award tickets, and 1 on rev ticket. We have a 4 hour layover in CVG, but would like to shorten that a little. How would SDC work in this case? We are checking bags, but will have to reclaim them in CVG for customs. Can we do SDC in CVG, or do we do it in LGW, or do we spend 4 hours in the CVG CRC and forget about it?

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:44 pm

SDC & Redeye flights

Has anyone had experiences moving to a daytime flight from a redeye using SDC? I'm looking at flights leaving LAS in March and the redeyes are a lot cheaper, but I'd rather take the daytime flights (even if I missed the upgrade).

Has anyone used SDC on a redeye before and was it only valid for before midnight flights? I'm looking at a 10:30pm and a 12:20am flight.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
It is literally Same Day Confirmed. So, yes the 10:30 PM flight came be changed to earlier that same day while the 12:20 AM can only be changed to a flight later that same day. I was on the 11:59 PM from LAX yesterday. Any flight up to 12:01 AM that morning could have been used via SDC.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
It is literally Same Day Confirmed. So, yes the 10:30 PM flight came be changed to earlier that same day while the 12:20 AM can only be changed to a flight later that same day. I was on the 11:59 PM from LAX yesterday. Any flight up to 12:01 AM that morning could have been used via SDC.
That's what I figured. I went with the 10:30 and 3.5 hours in ATL. Hopefully I can make a daytime flight.
Old May 11, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: Not enough to count anymore
SDC / Journey Control question

I have a trip coming up from DCA to ILM on Sat and I will be doing a SDC. I know previous posts have indicated that if there is a seat, you can do the SDC. How does the new journey control effect this? Are seats required to be available for your combined route or just flight to flight? Expertflyer is showing Y9 B0... for the 4:05pm on Sat to ATL and the ILM is showing Y5 B4 when I pull up the point to point travel but when I pull the combined flight availability it shows Y0... for both flights. Do you think I could still SDC into the 4:05pm or would I have to take the 3:05pm since its combined route has seats available?

Thanks for the help!
Old May 11, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
A good question indeed...

It has been my experience that they look at the flight segments individually and do not factor in journey control when going for SDC. If you know there are seats, but journey control shows there isn't, I would ask nicely if the person can go ahead and check the legs individually.
Old May 11, 2006, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by GreerApproach
A good question indeed...

It has been my experience that they look at the flight segments individually and do not factor in journey control when going for SDC. If you know there are seats, but journey control shows there isn't, I would ask nicely if the person can go ahead and check the legs individually.
Duh, I should read closer. You can do a same day change with out journey control kicking in. I'll leave the rest of this post to show what happens when one does not slow down a read the post.....

Nope. It is looking at the whole trip. I had this issue yesterday booking a MSY/ATL/FLL flight. MSY/ATL shows plenty of seats in "B" and ATL/FLL shows plenty of seats in "B". However I could not book the flight either on the phone or the web in any class, so I'm stuck with an ASA barbie jet to ATL. Reason given was they could make more money selling the segments individually vs a thru flight.

Of course they said I could book "Y" for an extra $150 bucks, to which I said no, I'll just change it at the three hour mark. So I'm now holding a seat on a barbie jet that only shows 2 seats open and not being allowed to book a flight an hour earlier that shows about 30 seats on an MD-88. No amount of talking could get it changed.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; May 11, 2006 at 2:50 pm Reason: I'm stupid
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:11 am

Same-day confirmed question

I searched for the answer to this, both in this forum and on delta.com.

I am flying TLH-LGA (via MCO) tomorrow, and I might need to get there earlier than my current 6:15PM arrival. I have done same-day confirmed in the past, but I don't know the rules regarding it.

First of all, does "same-day" mean after midnight the day of, or within 24 hours? Can I got through ATL instead of MCO, or do I have to keep the same routing? How much does it cost? $25? Is it possible to stand by for a seat if the plane is full?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:19 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bquinif
First of all, does "same-day" mean after midnight the day of, or within 24 hours?
You can only do a SDC change within 3 hours of the flight you want to change to. For example, you are booked on a 3:00pm departure, but you want to change to a 12:00pm departure, you would call any time after 9:00am.

Can I got through ATL instead of MCO, or do I have to keep the same routing?
Routing does not matter. You can change your connection city from MCO to ATL. You can also change from a connecting itin to a non-stop.

How much does it cost? $25?
Yup, unless you are a GM or PM, then it is free.

Is it possible to stand by for a seat if the plane is full?
Standby is buh-bye, unless you are a GM or PM, or you have experienced a same-day travel interruption out of your control. For example, weather cancellation, mis-connection, mechanical cancellation etc. In these cases, Delta will put you on the standby list.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:40 am

"upgrade" to Y class on SDC?

There was another thread where some people had mentioned that when they use SDC, their fare class was recoded to Y, and they got extra EQM's.

I have gotten "upgraded" to Y class twice this year, both times when I missed a connection due to weather. (Once on DL, once on NW.) Another time I showed Y "flown" and K "paid" and no bonus EQM's.

Does anyone have experience on whether SDC has resulted in an "upgrade" to Y for EQM purposes?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I did a SDC a couple of weeks ago MKE - ATL, and I got my standard U miles - no Y upgrade.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:48 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flopsy
Does anyone have experience on whether SDC has resulted in an "upgrade" to Y for EQM purposes?
I have had this happen once on an airport issued SDC, and also when being re-booked because of weather or mech problems. Phone issued SDCs most likley won't be reissued in Y because phone agents are probably more trained to do SDC than the airport people, or they just consistently pay more attention to the fare class.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:15 am

I've used SDC several times, both via SMS and at the airport and don't recall ever receiving bonus MQMs for being rebooked in Y. When I've been rebooked due to mechanical, weather etc. I don't remember ever not being booked into Y and have been upgraded to an F seat most of the time. I couldn't tell you if I got the F seat due to my PM status or due to the rebooking, and to tell truth I'm not sure I care since I got the F seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.