Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This discussion is unique on FlyerTalk in that it allows members who visit the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum to publicly comment on the decisions and actions of its moderators — even though Rule 18 on FlyerTalk specifically prohibits doing this:

Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].
The moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have learned a lot from your input through this discussion; and it has also served to resolve issues over the years — often in a humorous manner.

Despite the existence of this discussion, the moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles still request that you first address any questions or concerns pertaining to the decisions and actions of the moderators via private communications before posting them publicly, as most issues can usually be resolved this way. Please use this discussion sparingly and only when necessary.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie, obscure2k and ryandc99
Co-moderators, Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum
Print Wikipost

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
+Over 9000
Actually, I just spoke to my friend who also won't name his source, but he says that EZEDoesIt's friend is a notorious liar. Now I don't know whom to believe.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
Actually, I just spoke to my friend who also won't name his source, but he says that EZEDoesIt's friend is a notorious liar. Now I don't know whom to believe.
My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate told me Delta is launching service to Druidia in Summer 2016.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate told me Delta is launching service to Druidia in Summer 2016.
Brilliant ^
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
I am the one that started the SJC-LAS RUMOR thread, and it was true. I guess I will not use the word RUMOR in the future on this forum.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:53 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
...and it was his dog who hinted that Delta Air Lines is launching non-stop service between Wilmington in Delaware and Transnistria.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...and it was his dog who hinted that Delta Air Lines is launching non-stop service between Wilmington in Delaware and Transnistria.
DL used to have direct flights from Wilmington to Atlanta:

http://www.delawarebusinessblog.com/?p=214

Is ATL anywhere near Transnistria?

Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
DL used to have direct flights from Wilmington to Atlanta:

http://www.delawarebusinessblog.com/?p=214

Is ATL anywhere near Transnistria?

No, but Wilmington isn't far from Transylvania.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kettle1
I am the one that started the SJC-LAS RUMOR thread, and it was true. I guess I will not use the word RUMOR in the future on this forum.
That was seriously the most egregious example of mod overreach/overreaction that I have ever seen on FT.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Record for closing thread

Man, I go out to pick up my dog and by the time I come back a new thread has gone to 3 pages and been closed. Got me thinking as to what the record is for the most posts in the shortest time before getting closed.

BTW, I assume the OP got suspended for his part in this.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Man, I go out to pick up my dog and by the time I come back a new thread has gone to 3 pages and been closed. Got me thinking as to what the record is for the most posts in the shortest time before getting closed.

BTW, I assume the OP got suspended for his part in this.
So it would seem.

I hope what I'm about to write does not violate TOS #18:

Each moderating team will have its own style, and I think that's ok. At the same time, I can't help but think of a post I recently saw elsewhere, I think on the UA forum (I am most active here, but I lurk on a bunch of others) where a post got moved into the UA forum from a first-time poster, with a moderator comment to the effect of "Welcome to FT, <new poster>. I am moving your post to the UA forum -- you will find there a warm and welcoming community." And I wondered, could the same thing have been said for the DL forum? It's not clear to me that would have been true.

Perhaps the quick clamp down on today's thread signals a change in the wind esp. given the recent antics of someone else who shall not be named.

You can't keep everyone happy, and some people have an aversion to what they think is over-moderation, but I think the DL forum would benefit from a slightly heavier hand.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 25, 2016 at 9:28 pm Reason: Removed content which was no longer pertinent.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak

You can't keep everyone happy, and some people have an aversion to what they think is over-moderation, but I think the DL forum would benefit from a slightly heavier hand.
All I can say is "I do not think I would enjoy being a moderator". Loads of work and a thankless task. I have only met two AFAIK BTW - Beckoa and Jackal at Bob W's BBQ in Anchorage on July 30th. They seem like really good guys. They even had their laptops out doing a bit of moderating while we were eating dinner. On the +ve side they were formulating a possible plan for next years Alaska DO.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Each moderating team will have its own style, and I think that's ok. At the same time, I can't help but think of a post I recently saw elsewhere, I think on the UA forum (I am most active here, but I lurk on a bunch of others) where a post got moved into the UA forum from a first-time poster, with a moderator comment to the effect of "Welcome to FT, <new poster>. I am moving your post to the UA forum -- you will find there a warm and welcoming community." And I wondered, could the same thing have been said for the DL forum? It's not clear to me that would have been true.

Perhaps the quick clamp down on today's thread signals a change in the wind esp. given the recent antics of someone else who shall not be named.

That thread is ridiculous. Haven't read through FT in a few days, so I totally missed it.

I get the feeling that there are several trolls here, perhaps the same person, but using different accounts. People who go through all that effort just to harass people on FT must have empty lives indeed.

Even worse were the people who were asking for ways to defraud DL during the IT meltdown.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I don't see the problem here. In post # 14 of the thread in question, the OP said "Give me a break" -- and that is exactly what the moderators did.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
All I can say is "I do not think I would enjoy being a moderator". Loads of work and a thankless task.
Agreed. Stylistic differences aside, I definitely appreciate all the work they do! ^
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I think the DL mods do a great job. It can be a thankless task. But sometimes I think that we, as posters, also have to not engage those nastier posters; it just encourages bad behavior. I was personally attacked months ago (very bizarre and completely unfounded) by one who was suspended last week. I just chose not to engage. But was pleased when he was finally suspended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.