Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Compensation: Luggage, Baggage, Bag and Bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation: Luggage, Baggage, Bag and Bags

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:47 am

duplicate

Last edited by Caribbound; Nov 19, 2016 at 10:51 am Reason: duplicate
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
He would have filed a claim when he landed and no bags.

As for payment DL will gI've some miles, but isn't going to pay out except for incurred expenses. This doesn't need to be filed till once home. The only part that is needed to be done was done on arrival.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:08 am

What could be expected or should he ask for?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Caribbound
What could be expected or should he ask for?
Without receipts... In your report, attempt to itemize the expenses if there are any, then ask for 10-20k miles or a $100-200 voucher.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL GM
PM. Flew ATL-JFK-CPH (leaves on 28th arrives 29th) Family of 5. Bags didn't show up at CPH. Filed claim via phone as soon as we landed. Gate agent checked bags for the following day's flight to CPH. Drove to airport morning of the 30th and bags were not there. Called twice and finally 1 (stroller) is confirmed on morning flight. One bag is headed to AMS and the other is still missing.

We are headed out to a more remote area tomorrow and at the earliest the bags will be delivered to us Thursday evening (June 1st).

Talk about a pain. Only today did i buy some clothes for my kids, diapers, etc. I'll have to buy swimsuits and clothes for me tomorrow. I'm pretty confident Delta will reimburse me for clothes but do they give anything on top of the PITA and hassle?
Old May 30, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamiaub
PM. Flew ATL-JFK-CPH (leaves on 28th arrives 29th) Family of 5. Bags didn't show up at CPH. Filed claim via phone as soon as we landed. Gate agent checked bags for the following day's flight to CPH. Drove to airport morning of the 30th and bags were not there. Called twice and finally 1 (stroller) is confirmed on morning flight. One bag is headed to AMS and the other is still missing.

We are headed out to a more remote area tomorrow and at the earliest the bags will be delivered to us Thursday evening (June 1st).

Talk about a pain. Only today did i buy some clothes for my kids, diapers, etc. I'll have to buy swimsuits and clothes for me tomorrow. I'm pretty confident Delta will reimburse me for clothes but do they give anything on top of the PITA and hassle?
Maybe.

Would probably have to ask for it and explain why. IE had to waste your vacation/trip time to drive to stores to buy stuff.
Old May 31, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Were you checked in on time for the CPH flight ? Even if they allowed you on, they could deny payment if you hadn't checked in on time. Gor international flights there is bag matching. Thus if you've not checked in on time they can remove your bags. Also did you meet MCT between flights. They can refuse to pay because of that also.

If you had been on one ticket neither of those would be issues.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:08 pm

Had an issue where one of 4 bags got unloaded and re-routed apparently due to weight issues. Originally on an RJ.

Did not get any notification from the grounds or air crew before we took off what they did. Only found out from the app after we landed in DTW. Unfortunately two other families kept looking for their bags. Anyway, had to return to airport and pick up bag that was put on a connecting ATL flight two hours later.

Called in to ask for compensation: Got offer of 5k miles or 100 voucher. Took the voucher. Not sure if being PLT helped. Rep was apologetic; which he should have been....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
DM here.
Arrived DUB at around midday with luggage missing and consequently had to wait 55 minutes to file a claim by means of a PIR (Property Irregularity Report) with the local handling agent.
Luggage needed to be picked up at DUB, due to DL regulation that the maximum number of segments is four that luggage can be tagged.
Hence missed my next KL flight to AMS. Handling agent for KLM was not cooperating and I was told the next flight was overbooked and my only option was a KL flight the next morning.
This was rather unacceptable to me and I thus booked myself on the next available flight to AMS, which was on BA.
My luggage apparently was stuck in SFO and it took 4 days to get to me.

Is it OK to ask and is there any chance that KL/DL is willing to reimburse me for the substitute BA flight ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.