Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What's the Worst Seat on a Delta Plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Worst Seat on a Delta Plane?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
13B on a CR2 is pretty miserable
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
the worst seat on any plane is the one next to the engine on the MD88's.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
the worst seat on any plane is the one next to the engine on the MD88's.
+1

Last row on an M88/D95/CRJ/CR7/CR9 are all painful. Love how quiet the MD-88s are up front though.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Interesting question. I would say it depends on the route. I would take last seat in an MD for 1.5 hours over the middle seat in the middle section of a 747 for 11 hours any day.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
SF3 Seat 11B. Been in that seat on a full plane out of Tri-Cities. Not fun. No recline. No tray table. Nowhere to put anything in front of you. And you get to explain to passenger after passenger that there is no bathroom, all the while hoping none of them follow through on the threat of not being able to make it all the way until we land.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
It's worse in the back of an MD-88 or DC-9 as others have stated, those engines are louder than the CRJ's.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
SF3 Seat 11B. Been in that seat on a full plane out of Tri-Cities. Not fun. No recline. No tray table. Nowhere to put anything in front of you. And you get to explain to passenger after passenger that there is no bathroom, all the while hoping none of them follow through on the threat of not being able to make it all the way until we land.
That is actually the best seat on a Saab 340 in my opinion. Unlimited legroom is nice. Who needs a tray table on a Saab? They only fly on flights less than an hour it seems. And no seat on that plane reclines much.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
That is actually the best seat on a Saab 340 in my opinion. Unlimited legroom is nice. Who needs a tray table on a Saab? They only fly on flights less than an hour it seems. And no seat on that plane reclines much.
Te each his own. To me, it's one of only two middle seats on the plane, and I don't like feeling so exposed. I'd rather have an A seat in rows 1-10.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Does It Have to be on DL?

If we can open up the "field" to other airlines, my vote goes to the infamous "stink shield" seat that is one of the unique benefits of Continental's 738.

Although 29D is an aisle seat, the row has a window, and there is no engine nearby, it also happens to be across a 30" aisle from one of the two lavatories provided for up to 144 passengers on CO's 738.

Please keep in mind that CO strictly enforces the rule that forbids Y pax from using the FC lav.

The bottom line? After a few hours of this you're basically sitting 30 inches away from an open sewer...sometimes the user of the lav graciously even forgets to close the door after usage. Ouch.

DL does operate a few a/c with some seats adjacent to lavs, but on these planes, the door opens on a different wall, so at least there is some reprieve from the direct constant funk.

The stink shield reference comes from this notorious incident:

(N.B.: The letter writer apparently got the seat wrong, and identified it as 29E, but it's definitely worth the read)

http://www.gadling.com/2007/06/28/hi...ine-complaint/
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Interesting question. I would say it depends on the route. I would take last seat in an MD for 1.5 hours over the middle seat in the middle section of a 747 for 11 hours any day.

+1
I had a middle seat on a UA 747 SFO-NRT once. I kissed the ground once we landed.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
+1 for hating back seats, I SDCed to a earlier flight earlier this year (totally forgetting which route) but it was only about a hour flight, got stuck back seat in a CRJ, worst hour of my life!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Any and all seats behind that curtainish thing. The rest is just picking at nits...
Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Any seat which has no recline on a 13 hour flight.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 2:53 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by Michael El
+1
I had a middle seat on a UA 747 SFO-NRT once. I kissed the ground once we landed.
What about the very middle seat in the 2-5-2 in the (old) UA 777s in E-?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by bpe
What about the very middle seat in the 2-5-2 in the (old) UA 777s in E-?
D or F seats are just as bad as the middle E seat IMO. I had seat F ORD-DEN once and it sucked. I just found out UA/CO is changing from a CO 764 to a UA domestic 2-5-2 772 that I fly on my annual HNL-GUM trip. I'm gonna have to get the boss to spring for E+ and hope for a B or H seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.