Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by daregale
Of course Delta is well within its rights. But I still happen to think it's petty and short-sighted on Delta's part not to send out an encouraging email in September saying something like: Now's the time to book end-of-the-year travel to ensure Your Wonderful Company continues to enjoy the benefits of SkyBonus. Simply spend $X00 more by December 31 to keep your account active and enjoy the rewards you've accumulated.
It's petty and short-sighted to expect them to do that.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I don't expect Delta to. Delta frequently misses easy opportunities to provide friendly customer service and value.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL, SPG
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
It's petty and short-sighted to expect them to do that.
Actually had a friend that runs a three man consulting firm tell me that he got an email from SkyBonus saying something about needing ~$700 more to hit the goal. If I remember he received it in November. I'll see if he still has it.

I wouldn't expect them to send that email to everyone. If you've only spent $900 for the year, no way you meet that threshold. It would be a waste to send that email to everyone when I'm sure 97% of legitimate accounts are hitting that revenue threshold on a yearly basis. No need to send it to guy who's already cleared $100k

Weren't there also a few people that said they were just under $5k for the year and didn't get shut down? It would be nice for them to add a revenue tracker like SkyMiles, hopefully they are doing that. It would erase a lot of the confusion and frustration.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:57 am

I would like to finally redeem some of my SkyBonus miles for a DL flight, but I have heard that it is very difficult because redemption can only be in specific fare classes. Can someone quickly explain which fare classes are allowed? Also, can i book the ticket on delta.com, or do I need to call SkyBonus?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JTbeatsNYC
I would like to finally redeem some of my SkyBonus miles for a DL flight, but I have heard that it is very difficult because redemption can only be in specific fare classes. Can someone quickly explain which fare classes are allowed? Also, can i book the ticket on delta.com, or do I need to call SkyBonus?
You really have to go and look at the skybonus site and it tells you the applicable fare classes in the T&C depending on what ticket you want to book. Its pretty straightforward on what buckets are required... for example I think domestic first class tickets are G/Z. Also note that you just need the inventory available, not for DL to be actually selling that inventory via a normal purchased ticket.
I found ExpertFlyer to be a big help with these.

You can book through delta.com by using the certificate redemption feature. When you redeem an award, you'll get an email in a day or two with a redemption number that you put in on the website, do your flight search, and it displays applicable flights.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
...You can book through delta.com by using the certificate redemption feature. When you redeem an award, you'll get an email in a day or two with a redemption number that you put in on the website, do your flight search, and it displays applicable flights.
But you can also book with a dedicated SkyBonus agent and the process is chop-chop. I actually am off to do that right now since I have cleaned up my Monday morning desk and the SB booking line was closed all weekend when the idea of this trip came up.

I mostly use the domestic FC award and have found that it is always available when there is G or Z available.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup you can call and redeem/book all in one shot too.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
General domestic coach ticket has to have T available. I have found the certs SUPER easy to use, and they are generally emailed to you a few hours after ordering, even if late at night.

Then, just punch in the code at delta.com/redeem and you're home free
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
General domestic coach ticket has to have T available. I have found the certs SUPER easy to use, and they are generally emailed to you a few hours after ordering, even if late at night.

Then, just punch in the code at delta.com/redeem and you're home free
How long are the certs good for? I have never actually done a redemption and I have a pile of points expiring this year.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
How long are the certs good for? I have never actually done a redemption and I have a pile of points expiring this year.
If the SkyBonus center dragons are to believed, 1 year.

And FYI: They work for things like single open-jaws too. Just made one of those work two weeks ago
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
If the SkyBonus center dragons are to believed, 1 year.

And FYI: They work for things like single open-jaws too. Just made one of those work two weeks ago
Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fyi a whole bunch of new promotions just posted on the skybonus website for various city pairs.

For open jaw do you have to call to book? Wasn't sure if the website would let you use multicity for the cert.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The promos make it appear that certain Transat B tickets will earn you enough points for a domestic G redemption.

Also, once you have held an itinerary and received your certificate numbers which happens the same or next day, my experience has been that you need to call the Skybonus # in order pay the taxes and get the ticket issued.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to book and pay the taxes on a domestic FC ticket online.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
If I redeem for a SC membership, will they just add a year to the January end date of my existing paid membership?

I suspect the 160k point cost will increase once the individual membership is offered, so I'd like to take advantage of it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.