Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by YDJanet
Our business had enough points to qualify for a domestic ticket, so I ordered the voucher to use on a business trip. To my chagrin I discovered that the seats for these tickets are extremely limited and **nothing** was available although I was flexible in my dates. So now I have to find a flight somehow somewhere that will qualify.
I am surprised that you cannot find a domestic redemption. U class is very common inventory bucket and provides a much better opportunity for award flights than Skymiles in most cases. Expert Flyer is almost a requirement for successful Skybonus redemptions since you can see the inventory required. There have been many times that I have had a redemption when U inventory was available but a U published fare was not. This is especially true for last minute flights. IMO Skybonus is a much more generous redemption opportunity than SkyMiles.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah you just need U inventory available, don't think even a published fare... just space in the bucket.

Anyone know how the first class flights work for inventory? For example, domestic first class ticket says books into A. But, what happens if you have a flight where a short segment is on a CR with no first class? I'd swear there used to be a clause that said if A is not available, use H, but don't see that anymore.

Also, can anyone confirm if medallion upgrades work with the domestic award tickets?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, ICH Platinum, HHonors Platinum, Marriott Gold
Help using Skybonus certificate

My Grandma died yesterday and I tapped out my sky miles points getting my military son here. I do consulting and signed up for Sky bonus last year and havent ever used the points for anything.

I'm trying to get my little brother home for the funeral. I muddled through getting the coach ticket today. Their help line is only open during business hours and I am now lost trying to figure out how to actually book the ticket.

Can you do it on line?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you can online if you go to the redeem certificates page... try www.delta.com/redeem and enter the cert number and see what happens. Not sure how it'll work with the new website overhaul since I've had other problems with things on there.

Even though it says you have to call the skybonus group, you can also try calling the normal DL booking line. I've had them book skybonus SWUs no problem.

I'm not sure what redemption you're trying to use, but be aware of the restrictions on fare bucket availability. Its U for coach and H for "enchanced" availability.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Yes, you can do it online; have you ordered the coach redemption from skybonus? If so, on the book your trip page, select certificates and ecredits. The certificate and code can then be used to book. You should get the certificate # in the email from skybonus. Many times the certificate will show up in your Delta certificates if you are the primary Skybonus administrator.

If you are having trouble booking; Use expertflyer to make sure there is U class available. Sign up for a trial edition if you don't have a subscription.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, ICH Platinum, HHonors Platinum, Marriott Gold
Thank you-I got it booked and am looking forward to having them here
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:10 pm

Does anyone know the tax consequences or implications of redeeming Skybonus points for flights or lounge access?

I learned about the program and setup an account for a related company this past April. I have been able to input a lot of co-workers' tickets retroactively (up to 50/month) for credit. The account has accrued quite a bit of points so far. I'm slightly concerned that there might be some huge tax implication come next year.

So far I have only redeemed for 1 RT Domestic Ticket. Tempted to use some of the points for a TATL ticket - but like I said, I'm weary of tax implications related to redemption. Would hate to pay more taxes on top of the points redemption at the end.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by andypahwa
Does anyone know the tax consequences or implications of redeeming Skybonus points for flights or lounge access?

I learned about the program and setup an account for a related company this past April. I have been able to input a lot of co-workers' tickets retroactively (up to 50/month) for credit. The account has accrued quite a bit of points so far. I'm slightly concerned that there might be some huge tax implication come next year.

So far I have only redeemed for 1 RT Domestic Ticket. Tempted to use some of the points for a TATL ticket - but like I said, I'm weary of tax implications related to redemption. Would hate to pay more taxes on top of the points redemption at the end.
Shouldn't be any different than redemption of regular frequent flier miles.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup, no reason to report any of it. Its a loyalty incentive provided by the airline. Miles are not taxed, nor should sb points.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Has anyone had difficulty in getting your credits post reliably?

I checked my account, and about half of the flights were not there.

I submitted the requested for posting of the missing flights, but it is disconcerting to see so many misses.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
No issues here. Even a CityJet LCY-DUB ticket posted within a few days

Give them a call. They are some of the best to chat with.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Lots of issues with my points posting recently too
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I have noticed with the new Delta website, I need to enter my skybonus number nearly everytime.. Perhaps that is why you had issues.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I have noticed with the new Delta website, I need to enter my skybonus number nearly everytime.. Perhaps that is why you had issues.
Same here. Just another screw up of the new Delta.Dumb

Cheers
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by cfabar1
This means it dropped from your profile. This happened to me twice. I added it back in and it started coming through again (until it stopped).

Not sure why that keeps getting deleted from the profiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.