Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2002, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Concur with all posts above. Have yet to try redemption.

fp
Old Oct 25, 2002, 6:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Update:

It seems to be going well so far. I've enrolled in a few of the major airlines' corporate rewards programs. One nice aspect on Delta SkyBonus is that if the travel agent forgets to insert our code in the PNR, I can manually enter the ticket number on the SkyBonus website. It seems to be slow having tickets post...but eventually they do. We'll see how the redemptions go.

Now I wonder if I have to share the rewards with everyone or just keep them for myself...

Old Nov 27, 2002, 7:34 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG G
I tried to load the SkyBonus page this morning and got a Delta-logoed message saying the site was temporarily unavailable. Does anyone know if they are changing the interface, killing the program or just have technical difficulties?

------------------
...or passengers swim.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I noticed on the Terms and Conditions page of the Delta SkyBonus site that the program appears to terminate 12/31/2003:

"The following terms and conditions form the basis of the Delta Air Lines SkyBonus program, also referred to as the "program". The SkyBonus program is designed to provide a special value for U.S. based small & medium business owners and their employees, meaning those companies that spend less than $500,000 per year in Delta revenue. The program will expire on December 31, 2003 unless Delta terminates or extends the program. Participation in the program is subject to acceptance of, and any awards granted under the program will be governed by, these terms and conditions, rules and policies described on the SkyBonus Web site and any additional program rules or policies and procedures established by Delta from time to time with respect to the SkyBonus program."

Any insight? Do we have to redeem our remaining SkyBonus points before 12/31?
Old Apr 30, 2003, 10:36 am

SkyBonus

Hey... Has anyone heard of Deltas program called SkyBonus? It is at www.delta-skybonus.com. Was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it, or if you liked the program? In's out's secrets, can anyone give me any scoop?
Old Apr 30, 2003, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Welcome to Flyertalk, LuvtoTvl!

I'm pretty sure that you'll get a better answer to your question over in the Delta forum so I'll go ahead and move it there for you.

For future reference this forum, MilesBuzz!, is for
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Discussion of the latest frequent flyer program buzz...</font>
Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Apr 30, 2003, 1:58 pm

Location: West Palm Beach, FL - Delta PM/MM; SPG Plat; HH Gold
I have been a member of Delta's Skybonus program since its inception. I have been quite pleased with the perks since it is an EXTRA bonus from Delta for small to midsize businesses. It does not cost you anything to join and you get revenue based points based on actual dollar amount spent per ticket, rather than class of service in the MQM system. You do not get any points, however, for the lowest classes of service. As a Platinum, I have always purchased K class fares, in order to upgrade, so this has never been an issue for me. Since May 1 is tomorrow and I will have the oportunity to upgrade with LUT, things may change. It never hurts to sign up for something that costs you nothing. BTW, the program has now been extended until 12/31/04. You can roll over your points from year to year as long as the program still exists. Good luck and have fun!
Old May 1, 2003, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
I own a small business and have found the SkyBonus program worthwhile. You do have to take the trouble to enter all the ticket numbers to get credit, but that's really the only requirement.
One tip - we wait until we get our credit card statement because all the ticket numbers are listed there.
One caution - be patient. Sometimes it takes as long as 2 months before the tickets actually show up on the site.
I now have enough points for 2 intl upgrades, so I think it's been worth the effort.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
SkyBonus Question

Hi

Anyone have any experience with this program for small businesses? It seems slow going in terms of earning rewards. Can you earn SkyBonus points when making reservations over the phone? Or is it just online?

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 9:00 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
You can get points either on the phone or online.

If you don't put in your Skybonus Account # online, then you can manually do it at the delta-skybonus.com web site. I do this all of the time and it indicates that you "successfully added x ticket(s)." If you previously entered the ticket #, it tells youthat also. Since it does not cost you anything, why NOT take adavantage of it? I have been accumulating points for the last 2 years and it is a slow go. I have not yet cashed in on the skybonus points. You don't get credit on the very cheap fares.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, HHONORS DIAMOND Budget Fastbreak
Sky Bonus

I see that Sky Bonus has changed their rewards, "enhanced availability" categories now in place. I'm not really complaining because this is a bonus program, it costs nothing to participate in, just an observation.

https://www2.delta-skybonus.com/delta/rewards.do

Last edited by Rattlesnake; Sep 2, 2004 at 9:32 am Reason: Stupidity
Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it necessary to input the Sky Bonus number anywhere other than when making the reservation? Sometimes I have problems getting the points to post.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is it necessary to input the Sky Bonus number anywhere other than when making the reservation? Sometimes I have problems getting the points to post.
You can give it over the phone when booking, do it on-line when booking, or after the flight you can just type in the ticket no. into the SkyBonus website.

All work more or less the same.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 11:09 pm
RCC

Anyone a member of the Skybonus

Anyone a member of the Skybonus?

www.delta-skybonus.com

I would like to know if this have proven to be benifical to those who have used it.

Looks like it is really for small businesses.

L, T, U fares do not qualify...that sucks

Ric
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:01 am

My company is a member.

It is very tough to claim award tickets, the pool of tix is smaller than the FF pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.