Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:53 pm

PHL - MSY Mid August, FC, low rate
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Upper Deck BE on NWA 747-4

Booked JAX-ATL-HNL roundtrip in Aug. for 75,000 miles. Same rate as last year on the not-so-great 767-4 in F.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage
Today I booked HNL-ATL-DFW roundtrip in F with a bulkhead seat on the upper deck of the 744 on the long-haul segments for 75k. This was for a two week trip in late November which includes Thanksgiving. The calendar worked without a hitch. Was I ever surprised! I would never have done the 744 in Y, though, having been there DTW-NRT about twenty times!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta, AirTran
I just booked an award roundtrip ticket PHF-ATL-LAX for 32,500 miles.

I'm anxious to see if anything happens prior to the trip....this is my first award trip.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: DL GM
2 BE tix 100K each (just upgraded from coach tix we had reserved), for april/may

SAN-JFK-TXL outbound on DL metal
AMS-CDG (KL)-SFO(AF)-SEA-SAN (AS)......return is messy but only option at the time.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Yesterday, I booked two 25,000 N class tickets to SAN for this coming Thursday. They probably weren't the exact times that was preferred but they were the exact dates.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Fly on MEGATOPS

Just two days ago, I was trying to spend extra $$$ on my Amex so that I could nudge my balance over 120k when the miles posted for this month's spending. Well, some charges posted late, so I woulda been about 50 miles shy. Then, boom, all the miles from this promo posted, and I suddenly had enough to start looking for First Class.

Couldn't get SQ in F out of JFK. Could find outbound from LAX, but couldn't fly home in any class on the exact day I wanted--only available two days later. So then I thought about using miles for Delta or Northwest awards. Well, somebody already scooped the award seats on PVG-ATL for January 3, 2010. Only thing I could do was take DL/NW ATL-DTW-PVG going over at the low mileage rate, and claim at the "medium" mileage rate for PVG-ATL to come home: 180,000 miles, plus $38 in taxes.

So, lemme think... 180,000 miles for NW/DL in WBC/BE, or 140,000 for SQ in F. Okay, don't lemme think on it too long....

Scored SQ 11 LAX-NRT-SIN, overnight in Singapore, then afternoon flight SIN-BKK in Y. Coming home BKK-SIN in J (woo-hoo!), overnight in Singapore, then SQ 12 SIN-NRT-LAX, two days later than I wanted, but no complaints.

Couldn't get any nonstops ATL-LAX, even in coach, to connect to my outbound. Had to take coach for LAX-ATL on the way home. But I can call back and see if any of that can be improved. The very fine agent on the Partners Desk assured me no charges would be applied for getting the transcons up front, if availability opens up. Cost: 140,000 miles plus $508 in taxes, fees, and SQ fuel surcharge.

This will be my fifth Christmas-New Year's trip in a row on Singapore in First. And it will be my third award trip in 2009-- all three on SQ in First. THANK YOU, DELTA, for a great loyalty program. ^^

Oh, and the agent adjusted my September award to put me in front for the SFO-ATL transcon coming off SQ 002. Availability at booking had been only in coach, but first opened up. ^

Last edited by MegatopLover; Feb 15, 2009 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL-PLT, HH Diamond, Hertz#1Gold, Amex (Reserve) (SM-Plat) (HH Surpass)
Just booked two first class tickets with my bonus miles from the 150% promo.

45K tickets in Jan 2010 / SRQ to LAX / even got the BE Sleeper Suites on a 777 for the return leg from LAX (LAX to ATL).

Great Promotion and outstanding availability for the low 45K rate for First Class. Actually had a choice of several flights.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I did not book this one but was a step away
On Friday eveing, I searched for and found PHX-JFK availability for Saturday morning )the next day) with return on Monday afternoon - feb 14 on the way here and feb 16 return - on the DL nonstops.

Fees= $5. not bad at all

the passenger )wasn't for me) ended up changing her mind so i did not book it, but i was sitll quite impressed.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Rewards Gold; Amex Platinum
Last week I booked 2 First award tix on the upper deck (seats 73A/B) on the 744 from TPA-ATL-HNL in mid June. 75,000 miles each tix, which I considered a true bargain! Looking forward to a comfortable flight to Hawaii for a change.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Not sure if this qualifies as "success"

Just booked Domestic F + TATL BE for Ms. TFD for PDX<-->ATL<-->BCN for 200k miles + ~$40 in taxes. I'll leave from SFO, meet her in ATL and upgraded my M ticket ($2600 RT) so at least we travel across the water together in BE.

Boy do I miss the good ole' days of 80k BE tickets to Europe and ample BE upgrades on $1k M Fares...

TFD
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Last week I was able to book a First Class SkySaver ticket (45,000 miles) from SFO to FLL for a friend to visit in mid-March. Got great flights on the original booking;when he decided he wanted to stay a few addt'l days, the only return option at the SkySaver rate was a 6:35 a.m. flight. Overall I was still quite pleased at being able to book this ticket to a popular Spring destination (FLL) only a month before his trip.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just booked 3 round trip ATL-LGW tickets for myself and my two children, each at 60K + $94 taxes/fees (as compared to about $870 all in per ticket if purchased now). And not only did were these the lowest tier, but I got the exact dates I wanted (leaving Friday of spring break, returning the follwing Sunday) on the very first try, and the calendar worked without a hitch. Brief layover at CVG on the way home, but that's not a deal stopper for me.

I wasn't even planning on taking spring break this year.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Finally booked my ticket back to Brasil for Reveillon 2010!

IAD-PTY-GRU on Copa in Y, with a long layover to see the Panama Canal plus any other interesting site.
GRU-ATL-SJC on DL in J for the return.

Total price: $78.50 (included $20 NWA phone ticketing fee (agent had to force the long layover + DL flights don't show up on their calendar) + 75,000 miles. I thought it'd be 80k, but hey I'll take the discount + $25 savings by booking with NW.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Scored 2 SQ business tix in Dec 09 (all legs on separate dates) : JFK-FRA-SIN-PVG-SIN (stopover) -JFK. Only 1J and 1C on the SIN-PVG-SIN legs. Tax is so much higher this time around.

I have been switching around the destination. First got 2C to Maldives, didn't like the late arrival time and waste $$ on hotels. Then got 1J, 1C to BKK. 0 availability to pretty much any other SE Asian cities. So, finally decided to go the Shanghai instead.

Thanks Delta!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.