Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Grouchy is an AMS-based frequent forum contributor.

----

Having a few more beers while mom naps (anyone sense a theme? ) I can't exactly explain why but I am soooo ready for this trip to be over. It's not that it hasn't been fun, we've seen interesting things, etc., but more than any other trip I can remember, it just feels like it's dragging to me. Could be because it's a large group and it feels like there's a lot of "down" time waiting for people etc. (or the stuff I mentioned in the OMNI vent thread, which has gotten better, but still mildly an issue), or that 2 weeks is sort of a working limit on how long a trip I can take before I feel like being home again. Mom is getting on my nerves more than usual love her absolutely of course, but she has some personality quirks that make her annoying to travel with
This is what happens when I don't venture out of a few forums.

I'm guessing it is probably the large group and stress from that.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: SkyMiles
just to let you know.

flew out DUS last week with the family. found by luck the Hugo Junkers Lounge on 2nd level in Terminal B. Free entry (also for wife and kid) as international flying Plat. Delta app told me, no lounge in DUS for me (or i made something wrong...). checked homepage, also not for me.

this lounge is not even listed online.

nice area, free papers, good wifi, great coffee and beer and wine and booze. goo food, bathrooms could be a bit bigger, but clean and fine.

this is before the international gates are starting, but after security screening. so calculate 5 more minutes to the gate for passport check.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by papermakerSC
nice area, free papers, good wifi, great coffee and beer and wine and booze. goo food, bathrooms could be a bit bigger, but clean and fine.
Goo food? Well, gooey food wouldn't necessarily be bad, depending on what it is, like gooey, fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kipper
Goo food? Well, gooey food wouldn't necessarily be bad, depending on what it is, like gooey, fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies.
+1.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
+1.
Now I want warm chocolate chip cookies.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
just to let you know.

flew out DUS last week with the family. found by luck the Hugo Junkers Lounge on 2nd level in Terminal B. Free entry (also for wife and kid) as international flying Plat. Delta app told me, no lounge in DUS for me (or i made something wrong...). checked homepage, also not for me.

this lounge is not even listed online.

this is before the international gates are starting, but after security screening. so calculate 5 more minutes to the gate for passport check.
Hi @papermakerSC,

Just FYI, despite "Lounge" in the title, this thread isn't about lounge access, it's just a generic catch-all thread for banter in the DL forum -- but then anything is on topic here, so no worries!

The Sky Club location page on the DL web site does list two lounges in DUS (both described as "Air Berlin Lounge"), but only for J pax on DL metal.

The SkyTeam lounge finder *does* list the Hugo Junkers lounge:

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/l...f - Intl (DUS)

although I don't think it's a Skyteam lounge specifically, so just as a STE+ you wouldn't have access on DL metal (not sure about the other Skyteam airlines)

So out of curiosity then, what airline operated your flight, and what cabin were you ticketed in?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
Groan!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Zorak
Hi @papermakerSC,

Just FYI, despite "Lounge" in the title, this thread isn't about lounge access, it's just a generic catch-all thread for banter in the DL forum -- but then anything is on topic here, so no worries!

The Sky Club location page on the DL web site does list two lounges in DUS (both described as "Air Berlin Lounge"), but only for J pax on DL metal.

The SkyTeam lounge finder *does* list the Hugo Junkers lounge:

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/l...f - Intl (DUS)

although I don't think it's a Skyteam lounge specifically, so just as a STE+ you wouldn't have access on DL metal (not sure about the other Skyteam airlines)

So out of curiosity then, what airline operated your flight, and what cabin were you ticketed in?
sorry. didn't wanted to break rules here. :-)

Looked the Delta homepage for lounges in DUS, it only showed the two with Air Berlin.

i flew with the DL25 from DUS to ATL on 4-11-17. Seats in Y, booked V.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

Looked the Delta homepage for lounges in DUS, it only showed the two with Air Berlin.

Huh. I don't think you should have had access then, but maybe you caught a break ^
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz 1CG, Caesars Diamond

DUS is great! Hope you made it to Alstadt. Did you have a PP for the lounge? That's a great one when waiting for the inevitable delay back to ATL.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:16 pm

Awesome hockey story (with a minor FT angle too! Commuting by plane)

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ha...chapared-shot/
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:46 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Hi, all, from DL189 DTW/PEK!

All 3 of my flights today have posted already, including the one I'm on!

Pic #1 is before this flight, and, pic #2 is right now!

Something's still wrong though..........
Attached Images   
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
All 3 of my flights today have posted already, including the one I'm on!

Pic #1 is before this flight, and, pic #2 is right now!

Something's still wrong though..........
Congrats! I should cross 250K soon. Pretty good for someone my age I suppose.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
congrats! although depending where you are, you may not actually be there yet
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Groan!
Hey, that's my line!

There are very few rules here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.