Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by N830MH
Well, Guys. I am accepted my new job at Albertsons. It's right near at my house. It wasn't too bad for me at all. I can take on bicycle and I didn't have to take on city bus anymore. From now on, I can go to work right here in Desert Ridge Marketplace. I am so extremely happy to hear the news from my job developer and store manager Scott, too. I will be more respectable to my new manager and etc. I won't used the business computer. I will have wait to used my computer at home.
Great news, Scotty! Glad you landed the job ... with a pretty good company, too!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by monitor
DD does not know the ANC BR rap.

Somebody is always there.
Ah, then it's not my fault - I have FT tags on my carryon bags, so I should have been met at the gate with a Porsche to whisk me to the BR.

Or maybe I have that confused with something else.....

Meanwhile, the winds blew through here and blew out the bitterly cold weather. The 10 day forecast does not have a single temperature prefaced with a minus sign. Unhappily it displays at least one temperature above freezing, which would be unfortunate should the roads melt and refreeze. And there is LOTS of snow in that forecast.

David
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Don't know who is in 1D on 846 but apparently he feels notice to turn off electronic devices does not apply to him as FAs made multiple requests, the last one while hovering over him. Then he brings out his phone.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Sorry - didn't know that the ANC contingent of FT was also up for layovers at ANC.

David
Ugh, I try so hard, and yet I fail. I don't know how many times I've said across the forums here that anyone even just passing through ANC should reach out. The entire http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...up-thread.html was started initially to arrange meet-ups between ANC-based FTers and CO flyers visiting for barely an hour on a MR turn. There are 1,166 posts in that thread attesting to the fact that we will find any excuse to visit ANC (although that desire has admittedly somewhat diminished with the new access restrictions placed on the Board Room, which have subsequently caused me to cancel my membership in protest and significantly diminished my former adulation of Alaska Airlines).

Please, though, ANYONE--if you are coming through ANC, even on a brief stop, post your times in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...up-thread.html and there's a better-than-not chance that the local contingent will make it a point to say hi!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jackal
Ugh, I try so hard, and yet I fail.
Sorry. My brain is kind of frozen up these days.

(although that desire has admittedly somewhat diminished with the new access restrictions placed on the Board Room, which have subsequently caused me to cancel my membership in protest and significantly diminished my former adulation of Alaska Airlines).
So what's the change? I see you must have same day travel or reserve a conference room 24 hours in advance?

It was weird anyway. The attendant kept wanting to see my Delta Diamond card (not my SC membership card), while I kept telling her that I had a paid FC ticket on AS ticket stock with AS flights numbers. Flew in on AS from Chicago and flew out on AS to FAI. She finally got it or gave up.

I've tried to get in using a FC boarding pass on Delta ticket stock with codeshare flights on AS, and they are pretty confused by that. I give up and pull out the SC card.

David
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by DiverDave
So what's the change? I see you must have same day travel or reserve a conference room 24 hours in advance?
We used to have access to the Board Room at any time and on any day, even without an airline ticket. We could get a fake boarding pass to get behind security and visit the Board Room even when not flying. I used that benefit to meet a number of FlyerTalkers over the last year and enjoy a bowl of soup or an Alaskan Amber and was indeed the primary reason I purchased the membership (I actually rarely find the Board Room membership to be useful when flying, as I'm either running to catch a flight or have a long enough layover to leave the airport and go find something more interesting to do than sit on my tush, which is why I canceled my membership in protest when they rescinded that benefit.)
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: DL, AA
Ugh, I try so hard, and yet I fail. I don't know how many times I've said across the forums here that anyone even just passing through ANC should reach out. The entire http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...up-thread.html was started initially to arrange meet-ups between ANC-based FTers and CO flyers visiting for barely an hour on a MR turn. There are 1,166 posts in that thread attesting to the fact that we will find any excuse to visit ANC
If you really wanted to get the word out, you should have posted this in your TB campaign profile.

I used that benefit to meet a number of FlyerTalkers over the last year and enjoy a bowl of soup or an Alaskan Amber and was indeed the primary reason I purchased the membership
Am I confused? I thought BR memberships were for the pancakes.

Since the rule changed, has AS seen any increase in the number of booked, check-in, then cancelled fully refundable flights out of ANC?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by scoow
Am I confused? I thought BR memberships were for the pancakes.

We used to have access to the Board Room at any time and on any day, even without an airline ticket. We could get a fake boarding pass to get behind security and visit the Board Room even when not flying. I used that benefit to meet a number of FlyerTalkers over the last year and enjoy a bowl of soup or an Alaskan Amber and was indeed the primary reason I purchased the membership (I actually rarely find the Board Room membership to be useful when flying, as I'm either running to catch a flight or have a long enough layover to leave the airport and go find something more interesting to do than sit on my tush, which is why I canceled my membership in protest when they rescinded that benefit.)
Definitely not North of Expectated.

David
Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Well, Guys. I am accepted my new job at Albertsons. It's right near at my house. It wasn't too bad for me at all. I can take on bicycle and I didn't have to take on city bus anymore. From now on, I can go to work right here in Desert Ridge Marketplace. I am so extremely happy to hear the news from my job developer and store manager Scott, too. I will be more respectable to my new manager and etc. I won't used the business computer. I will have wait to used my computer at home.
Congrats, that's great news!

Got ~43 hours to relax...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by N639DL
Congrats, that's great news!

Got ~43 hours to relax...
Thanks! I am getting ready to start to work sometime in a couple weeks. I have waiting for the authorization from VR counselor.

Bumped thread back from pgs 4.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey canarsie, Are you still out there? Can you read my previously poster that I am accepted a new job.

Bumped thread back from pgs 2 again.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I have waiting for the authorization from VR counselor.
What is a "VR counselor"?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Off to DCA. So EARLY. I stayed up late in a sports bar watching Wisconsin come back to beat Michigan State in a game that featured little defense.

Only good thing about today -- no connection. I'm so used to having to connect, I'm not sure how to handle this -- MSN-DCA, get taxi, 4 miles to hotel. Commence nap.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
What is a "VR counselor"?
Actually, it is Vocational Rehabilitation.

Bumped thread back from pgs 3.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Vision for the future of Sydney Airport sns.mx/wdiey0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.