Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
This, of course, explains what Traveller will be doing between her posts at "1:58 am tonight... and then at 2:02am."
Speaking of master debating, how are we going to know which mileposts were in the exact order originally posted by Traveller?

Even worse, will she be thinking of the Dovster whilst performing this ... uh ... er ... “experiment”?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Just in case anyone was curious

The split of champagne from the mini bar goes pretty well with the stale blueberry muffin from the vending machine as a dinner (yes I know this is wrong beyond words but hey its the jetset life)
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Lehava
if your mercedes gets thrown into crj class I fear what my jeep would be *smile*
The C-240 is the baby mercedes, it's a CRJ and your jeep is an ATR.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The split of champagne from the mini bar goes pretty well with the stale blueberry muffin from the vending machine as a dinner (yes I know this is wrong beyond words but hey its the jetset life)
Definitely wrong. You can't use your AMEX in the vending machine, so you don't get miles. It would have been cheaper to walk down the street to the convenience store, and bought a bottle of MD 20-20 or Ripple and a bag of chips; you could earn miles for those.

edit: sorry Canarsie, I forgot. I should have combined those two into a single post. My bad.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The C-240 is the baby mercedes, it's a CRJ and your jeep is an ATR.
aaahhh as I have a grand cherokee maybe I can buck to some day be an erj170
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:47 pm
In memoriam

Definitely wrong. You can't use your AMEX in the vending machine, so you don't get miles. It would have been cheaper to walk down the street to the convenience store, and bought a bottle of MD 20-20 or Ripple and a bag of chips; you could earn miles for those.
Do I look stupid *looking around my room, at my dinner, at the keys to my apartment* you better not answer that right now *smile*. But I will have you know the money that went in the vending machine came off my DL Amex Skymiles Platinum card! I am moody tonight but not crazy I will still get my miles
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mikey1003
I couldn't find CTS anywhere in MT.

Thursday night we ate at Gusics..Very good local steak house. Porterhouses the size of roasts that could feed a family of 6. T*****o, no CHOLULA. We ate at The Rex on Friday night...Wonderful..lots of To****o, no CHOLULA.

Even the Mexican and Indian (American) eateries only had T******.

What the Hell is going on in Montana???

Thank God I'm home. We have tons of CTS here

CTM, get back to work!!!!!!!!!

Hey, mikey.....the better question is Where The Hell is Montana??
Last I checked, there were more three-legged dogs in Southern California than there were people in Montana.
Gotta spend your time where the bucks are.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am currently in the Mountain time zone.
I spent most of my week in Mexico on Mountain time.
Mexico Trivia Time: 75% of Mexico is on Central time, 22% is on Mountain time and only 3% is on Pacific time. One of the ports we visited....Puerto Vallarta...was on Central time. But the ship could never get the brain dead pax to EVER change their watches so we just stayed on Mountain time all week until we got into port in San Diego this morning.

Originally Posted by indufan
GEG.
I actually know where that is.
I visited there one winter and I'm not proud of that fact.

Last edited by Cholula; Oct 29, 2005 at 9:53 pm
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:51 pm
In memoriam

edit: sorry Canarsie, I forgot. I should have combined those two into a single post. My bad.
Yeah me too canarsie sorry.

But on that subject of post padding, did anyone else see talkmail in the last day or two. Does Randy really think its a good idea to do a huge story about how close FT is getting to a major milestone post (think it was 5 million) and how exciting it will be to see how fast we get there and who gets that one. Like that wont spur a post padding war. Not good planning on that one..... I figure mikey is already out buying more puters so he can reanswer the first 4 million posts on FT, one at a time.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller
And I'm officially on vacation until November 14th!!! ^ :-: ^

I'm officially on vacation forever.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

There is no need to apologize.

By the way, I believe that the FlyerTalk clock has already changed. It is 11:58 in the evening, but the bottom of my FlyerTalk window states All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 pm.

I did not change my settings.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula
Yeah, and despite that you are not showing up at either the TLV or the PBI-FLL Meet!

Well, you know what I think you are: a !**!*XX##!#!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
How far are you guys from SNA and are you around 12/6 and/or 12/7
Lehava, I'll be here. It's about 15 minutes for me to get to the airport.

What's up? Are you gonna come and see US!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
There is no need to apologize.

By the way, I believe that the FlyerTalk clock has already changed. It is 11:58 in the evening, but the bottom of my FlyerTalk window states All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 pm.

I did not change my settings.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yup, the clocks have changed.

I guess that Traveller lost out on her chance for a four minute virtual affair with me.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:06 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Modapa
Lehava, I'll be here. It's about 15 minutes for me to get to the airport.

What's up? Are you gonna come and see US!!!!!!!!!!
Reallllllllyyyy *smile*, yes but as corn knows everything with me is up for change, a potential client is flying me out for a meet and greet on Dec 7th and was going to come probaby day before and hoped I'd get to meet you guys. And that will be so cool if I get this client (which is about a 90% chance right now I will, we'll get to play together)
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Speaking of master debating, how are we going to know which mileposts were in the exact order originally posted by Traveller?
I will put the time in…. east coast time (and I never know if we are on standard or daylight time, so I won’t mention that. And no one please try to explain, because I won’t remember anyway...

Even worse, will she be thinking of the Dovster whilst performing this ... uh ... er ... “experiment”?
I will now, thanks.

Originally Posted by Cholula
Go away.