Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Howste
I'll be visiting NE and IA tomorrow myself. I've been to all of the 48 contiguous states, but have yet to visit Hawaii or Alaska (although I've seen Alaska from the air). I do have a trip with my wife scheduled in December to Hawaii, so Alaska will be my last state. Alaska was my wife's first state, since she was born there...
Amazing ^
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jrl767
I had planned to make my second visit to Alaska on Sat for my birthday present to myself: a day trip SEA-JNU-SEA -- up on the Combi, and back on the milk run down the Inside Passage via Petersburg/Wrangell/Ketchikan

Thurs afternoon my wife took a tumble on the sidewalk and fractured both forearm bones just above her left wrist ... she'll have surgery next Fri to put in a plate and a couple of screws, and since she's on pretty strong pain meds 4x/day the surgeon was in full agreement that spending 6 hrs on airplanes today wasn't a really good idea

the weather in southeast Alaska looked kind of ratty today ... ceilings between 3000 and 5000 feet, rain and rain showers, high 50s ... so the scenic value of the trip would have likely been far less than desired anyway
Ratty enough this whole weekend to contribute (likely) to a downed plane on Friday.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150717/...vors-airlifted
http://www.adn.com/article/20150718/...rash-recovered
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
Ratty enough this whole weekend to contribute (likely) to a downed plane on Friday.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150717/...vors-airlifted
http://www.adn.com/article/20150718/...rash-recovered
Yikes - poor lady
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Hi all! Hope you're doing well. Life has been busy, so I haven't spent much time on here. I've moved into an apartment in downtown Dayton, and we've also bought a house in the art deco district of San Antonio. I should be there full-time in 8 months.

Lately I've been checking FT a little more to book a couple reward flights. Booked AUS-LAX-BNE-SYD-ICN-LAX-AUS on DL/VA/KE for my graduation next year with the wife. Plus we never got to take a celebratory trip when she finished med school (yep, I'm officially married to a doctor now ). I've never flown an A380, so I'm excited for my first experience to be on the upper deck on Korean. I just wish DL still allowed stopovers so we could spend more than a day in Seoul.

My next trip to book is for my dad's 60th birthday next year. My grandfather came over from Germany before the war, but my dad has never been over, so we're going to visit some of the towns we've found mentions of in family records and make my second trip to Oktoberfest (the family lived in Muenchen for awhile which is convenient ). My first trip was with my now-wife when we had first started date and were underemployed recent college grads, so I'm looking forward to going back with more disposable income.

I'll try to be a little more regular around here although I'm just getting started on my thesis work, so we'll see how that goes. The good news is I've gotten a fair amount of experience with the equipment working under the PhD student who is finishing his dissertation research this summer. We'll see how that goes.

Since we always like to share what we're drinking, I'm being boring and having Yuengling tonight. However, I got upgraded at the window yesterday for both flights DAY-ATL-SAT on Friday, so I'm looking forward to some Woodford for the first time in 3 weeks.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you attending UD?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:03 pm

No, I'm at AFIT although I live about 1.5 miles from UD now.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
No, I'm at AFIT although I live about 1.5 miles from UD now.
Lets have dinner sometime.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:23 pm

Sounds good. I'm almost always here during the week although I play soccer until late on Tues/Thurs nights. I'm also here about every other weekend.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Who knew you could get free Internet like this at a Super 8 (only place in town) in rural Iowa?

Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
So after a bit of drinking, I find myself with MIA-CUR-PZO on 7I, which involves 4 segments on MD-83s .

Now hopefully the lodge near Angel Falls will confirm with availability or else Plan B will come into effect.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by Howste
Who knew you could get free Internet like this at a Super 8 (only place in town) in rural Iowa?

That is quite a lot better than I get at home from AT&T... The funny part is that when I asked the AT&T tech whether they can increase the speeds, he said that they can, but they don't want to.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Lets have dinner sometime.
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Sounds good. I'm almost always here during the week although I play soccer until late on Tues/Thurs nights. I'm also here about every other weekend.
I will buy - how about Wednesday night at BJs - Austin Landing exit 41 I-75 - my wife is not in town (home in England).
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:52 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
I will buy - how about Wednesday night at BJs - Austin Landing exit 41 I-75 - my wife is not in town (home in England).
That evening, when the entire Delta Forum Lounge shows up at dinner.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
That evening, when the entire Delta Forum Lounge shows up at dinner.
Prove it -show up and I will buy
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:00 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Prove it -show up and I will buy
All three kids, and my wife are in the States. I am all alone (peacefully, I might add) in Amsterdam with Mr. Leo the wonder dog.

It would take a LOT MORE than dinner to get me anywhere this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.