Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by kipper
Middle-class area. Apparently, it was drug-related. Knowing the two people, not surprised.

LOL, I was away at college when all of it happened, and didn't interact with many high school classmates. A friend just mentioned it to me on Facebook, when she posted an article about another classmate who was just arrested for shooting a rifle at his girlfriend as she was walking away from him during an argument.
Let's review

Two murders by classmates

Rifle discharge by classmate

You have rifles and purportedly proficient in their use

Should we be worried about this apparent trend?

Maybe your classmates are lucky you didn't interact

Just sayin'
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
and Mr Kipper is a former USMC armorer ...

let's hope "ready, fire, aim" isn't in the lexicon
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:48 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
It's amazing how they keep you young and age you at the same time.
So true!

Originally Posted by Dovster
Father's prayer: Lord, make my son exactly like me and keep my daughter far away from any man like me.
My prayer is much more simplistic. "Keep your daughter(s) and wife away from Dovster!"
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackplum
Let's review

Two murders by classmates

Rifle discharge by classmate

You have rifles and purportedly proficient in their use

Should we be worried about this apparent trend?

Maybe your classmates are lucky you didn't interact

Just sayin'
LOL, no... It was one murder--both were charged with it and are serving time for it.

Apparently, the latest one was having a fight with his girlfriend and took her keys. When she walked away, he shot at her.
Originally Posted by jrl767
and Mr Kipper is a former USMC armorer ...

let's hope "ready, fire, aim" isn't in the lexicon
No, it's not.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Oh ... now we are quibbling over the murder rate in your apparently middle class, drug infested, violence ridden high school.

What next will we learn?

If it was Cholula or Dovster, I would suspect assisting in the demise of Socrates.

But you? Just shameful.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:57 pm

Oh ... now we are quibbling over the murder rate in your apparently middle class, drug infested, violence ridden high school.

What next will we learn?

If it was Cholula or Dovster, I would suspect assisting in the demise of Socrates.

But you? Just shameful.
I guess every high school has a few students like that...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
LOL, not quite!

In other news, found out that in 2000, two of my former high school classmates were found guilty of murder!
Why did it take you 15 years to learn this exciting bit of news? I suppose it's because the bar is far, and it takes time for word to get around in the gulag.

One of my high school classmates is now in year 43 of his life sentence for a murder committed in what would have been my senior year had I not already escaped to college:

http://www.idoc.idaho.gov/content/pr...328?last_page=

He and I were the only guys in our weight class in 9th grade wrestling. Had I known that the moron was a future murderer, I would have quit sooner.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Like Cholula and Dovster? You must be confused. Instead of high school I think you meant retirement home, hospice, or cemetery.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:13 pm

Not my school. We, the good Catholic boys under the tutelage of the Congregation of St Basil priests, spent more time impregnating (or attempting to impregnate) the good Catholic girls under the tutelage of the Sisters of Mercy and the Sisters of St Joseph.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Obviously you never heard of the Hemlock DO.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I missed that one by a few years
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I missed that one by a few years
MikeMpls was instrumental in arranging that Do. Under Athenian law at the time, neither Cholula nor I were old enough to purchase hemlock, so we had to ask Mike to go to the hemlock store and pick it for the Do.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:51 pm

Why did it take you 15 years to learn this exciting bit of news? I suppose it's because the bar is far, and it takes time for word to get around in the gulag.

One of my high school classmates is now in year 43 of his life sentence for a murder committed in what would have been my senior year had I not already escaped to college:

http://www.idoc.idaho.gov/content/pr...328?last_page=

He and I were the only guys in our weight class in 9th grade wrestling. Had I known that the moron was a future murderer, I would have quit sooner.
I wasn't in touch with most of my high school classmates then.

Yikes!
Not my school. We, the good Catholic boys under the tutelage of the Congregation of St Basil priests, spent more time impregnating (or attempting to impregnate) the good Catholic girls under the tutelage of the Sisters of Mercy and the Sisters of St Joseph.
LOL!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
MikeMpls was instrumental in arranging that Do. Under Athenian law at the time, neither Cholula nor I were old enough to purchase hemlock, so we had to ask Mike to go to the hemlock store and pick it for the Do.
Sorry, but the passage of millienia has dulled your memory. Just a refresher:

My Athenian cousin
My French cousin

I don't mess with hemlock.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
You think you have problems I'm "stuck" with this unexpected, last minute trip for two days. Grrrrr.....

Anyway... choices are good. Just stay positive and don't try to "over-plan" your life. Life is meant to be choices, mistakes, re-direction, and more choices. You just do the best you can do. Believe me, I understand, I have a 17.5 year old and a 20.5 year old..... (as well as a 13 year old....)

Looks like I'm going to miss you at AMS:

At least this time I'll have a longer time on the ground in TLS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.