Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm worried about Generalissimo Geno. He's acting a little confused this evening.
What did I miss. Has he not been well?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by davetravels
Stutter much???
^

Only when I've imbibed excessive amounts of liquor. Sadly, it's not one of those nights.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myefre
Still not upto 100k posts here.
Well, well, well — look who came out of the woodwork.

If you had posted here more often instead of driving that truck along the highways and byways of the United States, perhaps that goal would have already been reached.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
^

Only when I've imbibed excessive amounts of liquor. Sadly, it's not one of those nights.
Is it too late to start?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Good afternoon, lounge. Just spent a bit of time wading through the two months' worth of posts since my last swing through here.

I cleared Hilton Diamond on nights already (with a lot of help from a 28 night stay at the ES in Lompoc), but am on a path to fall to Delta FO or GM unless I work at it. But there might be a couple of work related trips later this year. For now I am still Plat/PlAAt until 3/1!

Meanwhile now that I am officially eligible for the Kohl's senior discount day every Wednesday, it's time to run some pension estimates...

David
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Welcome back, DiverDave!

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I am still Plat/PlAAt until 3/1!
DL Plat until 2/1 in 2015 now, unfortunately.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Welcome back, DiverDave!
Thank you!

DL Plat until 2/1 in 2015 now, unfortunately.
Do you mean until 2/1 in 2016?

"Starting in 2016, the Medallion year will begin February 1 and subsequently, the 2015 Medallion year will end on January 31, 2016."

In any case, good for you!

David
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
How do you know he was acting? Maybe he was genuinely confused.
That's what concerns me!
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
What did I miss. Has he not been well?
He's been just wonderful, but the other night, he was acting confused and didn't want near anyone.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Do you mean until 2/1 in 2016?
Oops, my apologies. I can blame it on the alcohol tonight.

Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
LOL! Things change quite a bit in a few years.
No kidding

Assuming you started college at the "usual" time, I'm north of 2x your age (I won't say by how much), and I still have no clue what I want to do when I grow up!

...and the young one, who is moving to ASU for her 1st semester in less than a month, has already told us she's "...not sure she wants to be [insert her declared major here] anymore. ANYMORE?!? Really? She hasn't even ridden that horse, and she already wants a new one. <sigh>

OK. ...off my soapbox. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Nice. Hope she enjoys it there. I'd be going there if it didn't cost so much.

Came home to see my mom bought a new car. I thought I was seeing things for a minute because both the old and the new cars were/are black, and with the same plate. 2014 Focus 4-door hatchback, fully loaded. Very nice so far. Would like it more if it wasn't a hatchback. I drive a hatchback as well. Don't think I've driven anything below 8,000 or so miles on it. Had 170 when I got in.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Having a friend over for grilling tomorrow. He just beat a really nasty bout of leukemia. At Slone-Kettering for about 14 months. The marrow transplant has taken hold, and he's nearly weaned from his anti-rejection med's, so we're celebrating with a grilled peach salad, followed by lamb kebabs. Not sure what we're doing for dessert yet, but I'll think of something. He used to own a wine shop (where I met him), so he's going to bring some killer vino. ...really looking forward to it!

...He's been just wonderful, but the other night, he was acting confused and didn't want near anyone.
Oh. good (that he's been wonderful). I thought perhaps he had fallen ill, and I was just now hearing about it. I hope he's back to his usual wonderfulness today!

Originally Posted by N639DL
...Nice. Hope she enjoys it there. I'd be going there if it didn't cost so much.

Came home to see my mom bought a new car. I thought I was seeing things for a minute because both the old and the new cars were/are black, and with the same plate. 2014 Focus 4-door hatchback, fully loaded. Very nice so far. Would like it more if it wasn't a hatchback. I drive a hatchback as well. Don't think I've driven anything below 8,000 or so miles on it. Had 170 when I got in.
Bolding mine: Please don't remind me!

The new Focus is a really nice little car. My mom just bought a black '14 as well. ...sedan though. I think I would have liked the hatch more (functionality wise), but she really liked the looks of the 4-door. It's likely the last car she'll ever buy (assuming it's as reliable as the last few cars she's had).
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Very nice.

Happy Friday!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Happy Saturday!

(Especially to certain hot saucy lounge lizards for reasons I am not allowed to mention for fear my post will be deleted due to cross-posting. )
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Much Alaskan Brewing Company products were consumed tonight in Juneau by 11 FlyerTalkers...

Much Heritage Coffee will be consumed in approximately 7 hours.

G'night, all!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Having a friend over for grilling tomorrow. He just beat a really nasty bout of leukemia. At Slone-Kettering for about 14 months. The marrow transplant has taken hold, and he's nearly weaned from his anti-rejection med's, so we're celebrating with a grilled peach salad, followed by lamb kebabs. Not sure what we're doing for dessert yet, but I'll think of something. He used to own a wine shop (where I met him), so he's going to bring some killer vino. ...really looking forward to it!

Oh. good (that he's been wonderful). I thought perhaps he had fallen ill, and I was just now hearing about it. I hope he's back to his usual wonderfulness today!
Great news for your friend!!! Was his bone marrow transplant from a family member or a stranger?

Can I do a quick public service announcement that everyone should volunteer to donate bone marrow if you meet the age qualifications??? Its a quick process to register, and you might save a person's life by donating!

Geno is back to his normal happy self! It's hard to not have a good morning when you wake up to a happy face!

Originally Posted by jackal
Much Alaskan Brewing Company products were consumed tonight in Juneau by 11 FlyerTalkers...

Much Heritage Coffee will be consumed in approximately 7 hours.

G'night, all!
When should I expect my delivery of Alaskan Brewing Company products?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.