Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There's no time limit. It just needs to be DoD IRROPS.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:41 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Does this count as IRROPS? I still have a legal and comfortable connection, my arrival time isn't impacted.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Does this count as IRROPS? I still have a legal and comfortable connection, my arrival time isn't impacted.
It's a delay, it's IRROPS. At that length the rebooking screen should even be active in the app and online.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:52 am
pvn
Suspended

No rebooking options in either the app or the website.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:13 pm
pvn
Suspended

ended up not mattering, took another slight delay and the rebooking options appeared
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I have a question. Orig routing LAX-ATL-MAD, however the LAX to ATL flight was delayed making a very tight connection and possibly missing the connection. We were rerouted to an earlier flight LAX-SLC-ATL that allowed plenty of time for the ATL to MAD connection. However, rather than ORC I wanted to get the new routing credit but @Delta on twitter is saying I got the miles for ORC (that I had purchased). Anyone can help me figure a way to get the additional miles? I am going more for RDM than MQMs.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

You get one or the other. ORC has to be requested, otherwise it'll post based on what you flew.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You get one or the other. ORC has to be requested, otherwise it'll post based on what you flew.
And in addition...

Originally Posted by manually
Anyone can help me figure a way to get the additional miles? I am going more for RDM than MQMs.
... unless there's something noteworthy about how you booked this that you haven't mentioned, RDMs are based on the fare you paid, not distance traveled, so there are no extra RDMs to be had anyway.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
And in addition...

... unless there's something noteworthy about how you booked this that you haven't mentioned, RDMs are based on the fare you paid, not distance traveled, so there are no extra RDMs to be had anyway.
I thought it would also post on what I flew, but because the rerouting was ticketed in Y maybe it did not post? For both the LAX to SLC and SLC to ATL segments we were upgraded to F

Oops totally forgot. The reservations were Air France tickets, but Delta metal therefore RDMs on miles flown not amount paid.

And of course, the MQMS (roll over) would be a nice start for next year.

The mileage credit on my account does not even show the LAX to SLC segment. but rather just gives me credit from the LAX-ATL-MAD as miles flown credit (code d).
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

What has posted and what did you actually fly? Also does the ticket number for what has posted,and the number for ticket you flew match? If its different from what has posted, go online and submit missing mileage credit using the other ticket number.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
What has posted and what did you actually fly? Also does the ticket number for what has posted,and the number for ticket you flew match? If its different from what has posted, go online and submit missing mileage credit using the other ticket number.
Actually posted LAX-ATL-MAD - on the main area ticket is 057, however on the side tickets are 00623
2018LAX
TO
ATL
Los Angeles , CA , US to Atlanta , GA , US
TICKET # 057xxxxxxMQMs12,484MQSs4MQDs$651BASE MILES3,256BONUS MILES1,303+4,559
TOTAL MILESNOV 23 2018
  • LAX
  • TO
  • ATL

— AF 2551 —
Posted DEC 03 20181,9461$97487195TICKET #
006xxxxxxx
Reward MethodDBONUS DETAILS:
Air France Silver Medallion BonusBONUS MQMs
--BONUS MILES
195POSTED
DEC 03NOV 23 2018
  • ATL
  • TO
  • MAD

— AF 3627 —
Posted DEC 03 20184,3351$2171,084434TICKET #
006xxxxxx
Reward MethodD

Actually flew LAX-SLC-ATL-MAD
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Got hosed on the NYC meltdown yesterday. Original routing was YUL-JFK-BWI. Heads to the airport now for YYZ-LGA on Westjet (0705 departure and then Amtrak to BAL). The trip went through about ten other forms (I decamped to YYZ because YUL was a total cluster and the train ride let me clear my mind) but this is what I have (it was the only way to get to Baltimore before noon). Worth a shot asking for ORC with DL?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:37 am

Purchased a ticket on the 19th for a flight departing on the 21st, returning on the 24th, connecting in ATL on the return. On the 22nd, I called in and rebooked the return for the 23rd through DTW (this was after the 24 hour cancellation period, but I was given the change for free (both itineraries were in Q, no fare difference) (I mentioned to the agent that I tried calling in over the weekend when there were tons of IROPS and hold times were insane, which may have helped avoid a change fee)).

I boarded the flight to DTW, then deplaned after a DTW ground stop made it obvious that I would miss my connection. I rebooked in the club through ATL. Flights posted as flown, I requested ORC via twitter and nothing happened.

The ticket was reissued when I did the voluntary rebooking on the 22nd, and I got an email with the new return routing and a new ticket number. The return flight posted with a 3rd ticket number (I'm assuming it was reissued again when it was rebooked in IROPs but I didn't get a receipt for that).

Today I called in and was told that since no fare difference was collected, any ORC request would use the original ATL routing (so no credit for the DTW booking is possible). This... seems incorrect but I'm not really sure. I have definitely done SDC to a longer routing then had IROPs to a shorter routing and gotten ORC for the longer routing in the past, but this wasn't a SDC (even though it was confirmed).

I'm not going to spend a lot of time fighting this since it's only 112 MQM difference but would like to know what my expectation should be here.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:33 pm

how far back have people successfully had adjustments made?

I just noticed a trip I took almost a year ago (november 2018) on a B ticket where two of the segments credited correctly at 150% MQM but one only credited at 100%. I'm going to call in and request the additional MQM (which would have rolled over) but I'm not feeling too optimistic.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
how far back have people successfully had adjustments made?

I just noticed a trip I took almost a year ago (november 2018) on a B ticket where two of the segments credited correctly at 150% MQM but one only credited at 100%. I'm going to call in and request the additional MQM (which would have rolled over) but I'm not feeling too optimistic.
FWIW the DL site says:

"Account Discrepancies

You are responsible for verifying that mileage, MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for qualifying activity are credited to your account. All account discrepancies must be reported in writing within nine months of date of activity."

will be interesting to see if they adhere to that in practice.

I also wonder if they distinguish between ORC and "just failed to credit properly the first time"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.