Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is an “FO?”

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Canarsie
That is probably not a bad idea, Traveller.

That being said, truth be told, to be honest, having said that (and insert any other superfluous expression here that serves nothing more than to stall for time), I did not know how to correctly complete that definition in the Glossary, which is why it was never completed...
"A Silver Medallion, in the parlance of our days"
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
It is already there, Lehava.

Of course, I am always open for constructive suggestions on how to further improve the “sticky” thread and all of the threads associated with it or referenced by it...
Off topic Canarsie but what do you do to the links (to another FT thread) you put in your replies? When I click on one of your links I go to that thread in a new webpage, and that webpage doesn't have my userid. I can still read the thread, but when I close that page and return to the original thread and exit out of the thread, that thread and subsequent threads are no longer recongized as being read by me. I then have to "mark all forums read", log out of FT and log back in before any new threads are recognized as being read by me. Is it because you put fancy links in instead of just pasting the url?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
Off topic Canarsie but what do you do to the links (to another FT thread) you put in your replies? When I click on one of your links I go to that thread in a new webpage, and that webpage doesn't have my userid. I can still read the thread, but when I close that page and return to the original thread and exit out of the thread, that thread and subsequent threads are no longer recongized as being read by me. I then have to "mark all forums read", log out of FT and log back in before any new threads are recognized as being read by me. Is it because you put fancy links in instead of just pasting the url?
Look at the coding in your most recent milepost in this thread where you quote my milepost, Traveller, and you will see how the link is formatted.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at the coding in your most recent milepost in this thread where you quote my milepost, Traveller, and you will see how the link is formatted.
So this means I shouldn't click on these "fancy" links if I don't want to have to sign out and back in again?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Traveller
So this means I shouldn't click on these "fancy" links if I don't want to have to sign out and back in again?
Geez, Traveller! Why are you making such a fuss?

Just do what the rest of us do and ignore any links set up by Canarsie.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by graraps
...and I was thinking it was what DL tell you to do when you enquire about redeeming your miles on AF.
Should this be the official definition of F.O. in the Glossary?
Originally Posted by Dovster
Internet links?
Sausage links?
Golf links?
Chain links?
Feline lynx?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Geez, Traveller! Why are you making such a fuss?

2 posts constitute a fuss? You have never seen me fuss before.

And I never ignore moderators.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
That being said, truth be told, to be honest, having said that....

I'm saving this quote for posterity.....
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:43 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Unhappy Am I missing something?

It is already there, Lehava.

Of course, I am always open for constructive suggestions on how to further improve the “sticky” thread and all of the threads associated with it or referenced by it...
Maybe this is newbie-itis, or plan stupidity, but I just looked at the glossary (up under help) and it is NOT there. Is there more than one glossary I should be using (and if so where are they hiding the others *looking at FT map with total confusion...dont think I am holding it upside down*
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Lehava
Maybe this is newbie-itis, or plan stupidity, but I just looked at the glossary (up under help) and it is NOT there. Is there more than one glossary I should be using (and if so where are they hiding the others *looking at FT map with total confusion...dont think I am holding it upside down*
Lehava.....click on the words in the blue link in Canarise's post titled "It is already there". That'll take you to the DL Glossary. Look up "FO" and you'll see another blue link titled "What's an FO". Click on that one and it'll take you to a thread which discusses your question in detail. Actually, I think it now takes you back to this thread..... .
Anytime you see a word or words in blue, that's a link and you can click on it.

Last edited by Cholula; Jun 6, 2005 at 11:55 am
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Talking

Originally Posted by Cholula
Lehava.....click on the words in the blue link in Canarise's post titled "It is already there". That'll take you to the DL Glossary. Look up "FO" and you'll see another blue link titled "What's an FO". Click on that one and it'll take you to a thread which discusses your question in detail. Actually, I think it now takes you back to this thread..... .
Anytime you see a word or words in blue, that's a link and you can click on it.

Thanks. I actually knew blue was a link but read right past that being blue (see what happens when you are FT'ing at work). I also had looked through the sticky and missed that glossary all together

Ok a better suggestion then...if there are sub-glossaries (by forum) have a list of them (links to them) in the main glossary, for us idiots *smile* who think hmmmm if it says help...glossary that MUST be where I should be looking *grin*. Thanks again.

BTW this is by far one of the friendliest forums on FT (less newbie-eating here than some others...heck I almost bled to death after asking a question in SPG the other day).
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
Thanks. I actually knew blue was a link but read right past that being blue (see what happens when you are FT'ing at work). I also had looked through the sticky and missed that glossary all together

Ok a better suggestion then...if there are sub-glossaries (by forum) have a list of them (links to them) in the main glossary, for us idiots *smile* who think hmmmm if it says help...glossary that MUST be where I should be looking *grin*. Thanks again.

BTW this is by far one of the friendliest forums on FT (less newbie-eating here than some others...heck I almost bled to death after asking a question in SPG the other day).
You're welcome. I didn't mean to insult your intelligence with "the blue words are a link" but you'd be surprised how many people don't realize that.
As to Forum glossaries, we have this one solely due to Canarsie's hard work. Most Forums don't have such a wealth of info. I think Canarsie has one up and running in Hilton and maybe in a few other fora.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA-Gold, IC-Amb
I can't believe not one person has noted the correct definition of "what is an FO". Delta is in Atlanta, and so is The Varsity, so the absolutely correct answer must be a "Frosted Orange". Geez, it's been so many years since I've had one of those (along with a chili dog and rings)!!!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
You're welcome. I didn't mean to insult your intelligence...
What is the new kinder, gentler Cholula getting ready for retirement?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH - Gold, MR - Plat, IHG - Plat, UA
Flying Orchids

OK

I GIVE!!! Why/where did that come from?

In my distant past FO meant First Officer....

FO = Flies Often
FO = First On, First Off?

Did DL give out Orchids to their frequent flyers?

[I]If your baggage won't fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you, I am NOT interested in dating you.[/I]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.