Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CPT lounge for Delta One

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

CPT lounge for Delta One

Which lounge(s) at Cape Town Airport can a D1 flyer use for CPT-ATL? Unable to find answer on delta.com.
Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jinglebear
Which lounge(s) at Cape Town Airport can a D1 flyer use for CPT-ATL? Unable to find answer on delta.com.
Thanks.
See "Delta Sky Club® & Other Lounge Locations" page here (and select D1 for ticket type) --- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/locations
It is showing CPT lounges when I do it.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
See "Delta Sky Club® & Other Lounge Locations" page here (and select D1 for ticket type) --- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/locations
It is showing CPT lounges when I do it.
Huh, interesting bug. Selecting D1 shows the CPT lounges, but selecting Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus and D1 does not include CPT lounges. [I selected both because I am DM and E+ was earlier in the checkbox list than D1].

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Also, the verbiage in the Skyteam.com Lounges page for CPT implied that Delta flyers are not allowed:
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Huh, interesting bug. Selecting D1 shows the CPT lounges, but selecting Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus and D1 does not include CPT lounges. [I selected both because I am DM and E+ was earlier in the checkbox list than D1].

Thanks.
It is 3rd party. Thus there is no access for ST E+, only paid D1 passengers. (When flying DL metal, if flying AF/KL/VS metal ST E+ get access even in Y to this lounge)

Thus correctly doesn't show. If both are checked, lounge must qualify for both options to be listed
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It is 3rd party. Thus there is no access for ST E+, only paid D1 passengers. (When flying DL metal, if flying AF/KL/VS metal ST E+ get access even in Y to this lounge)

Thus correctly doesn't show. If both are checked, lounge must qualify for both options to be listed
Sorry to disagree, but for it to be correct as you state, the lounge would have to deny entry to a D1 passenger because (s)he is ALSO a skymiles e+. Doubt that will happen.

If multiple options are selected, lounge roster should show a lounge that has entry privilege if at least one of the selected options is eligible, not all selected options have to be eligible.

"Lounge access for international First or Business Class ticket holders or SkyTeam Elite Plus Frequent Flyers traveling on an international flight operated by the following airlines" makes most sense if there was a comma before the highlighted "or", indicating all First and Biz holders (regardless of airline) are eligible, as well as STE+ international flyers from AF/KL/VS

This is the kind of ambiguity and misinterpretation that the serial comma is intended to eliminate, especially when there is a modifying clause after the last item in a conjuction. While style guides within the Anglophone world might differ on whether the serial comma is required in all situations, there is agreement about it's use when ambiguity is likely to arise due to modifying clause(s) subsequent to the final item.

Lets agree to disagree
Old Apr 13, 2024, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you've found a bug in DL website logic. Nonetheless, you'll have access to the CPT Bidvest lounges as a D1 pax. Carry on.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Sorry to disagree, but for it to be correct as you state, the lounge would have to deny entry to a D1 passenger because (s)he is ALSO a skymiles e+. Doubt that will happen.

If multiple options are selected, lounge roster should show a lounge that has entry privilege if at least one of the selected options is eligible, not all selected options have to be eligible.

"Lounge access for international First or Business Class ticket holders or SkyTeam Elite Plus Frequent Flyers traveling on an international flight operated by the following airlines" makes most sense if there was a comma before the highlighted "or", indicating all First and Biz holders (regardless of airline) are eligible, as well as STE+ international flyers from AF/KL/VS

This is the kind of ambiguity and misinterpretation that the serial comma is intended to eliminate, especially when there is a modifying clause after the last item in a conjuction. While style guides within the Anglophone world might differ on whether the serial comma is required in all situations, there is agreement about it's use when ambiguity is likely to arise due to modifying clause(s) subsequent to the final item.

Lets agree to disagree
I agree how it Should work. However the logic DL IT goes by doesn't always match logic the rest of us follow.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
There's a new Bidvest lounge further down the concourse that D1 passengers have access to. The gate agent made sure I knew which one to go to, and I thought I did know. But that old Bidvest lounge may as well entirely be a smoking lounge given the smoke outflow of their indoor smoking area. Anyway, the new one is above the restaurant down towards the Emirates lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doubleA
There's a new Bidvest lounge further down the concourse that D1 passengers have access to. The gate agent made sure I knew which one to go to, and I thought I did know. But that old Bidvest lounge may as well entirely be a smoking lounge given the smoke outflow of their indoor smoking area. Anyway, the new one is above the restaurant down towards the Emirates lounge.
Thanks for the tip! I had forgotten that smoking (tobacco) is prevalent in some countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.