Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not fully charged for tickets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Not fully charged for tickets

Here is a weird ticketing issue. Booked two one-way tickets two weeks ago and looked at my credit card posted charges. Both flights showed as pending, but then one dropped off and only one ticket was charged. Since they were the same price, I have no idea which flight was charged and which one wasn't. The eticket receipts say both were fully charged to my cc on file. Called DL and the agent, although perplexed, did not see any issue with the tickets and told me sometimes it takes a while for pending charges to post. Flight departs in two weeks. I would book a back up or consider cancelling and rebooking, but flight prices have almost tripled since booking. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what happened at the airport? I have no problem paying what I intended to pay for the ticket, even if DL realizes it at the last minute and charge me at the airport. I just don't want to be forced to book a really expensive last-minute fare because of DL's billing error or be denied boarding because the flight is sold out.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If the ticket is issued (you have a ticket number), there should be a coupon attached with the correct value. Even if you never pay and DL finds the error, they should charge the correct (original) amount.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by findark
If the ticket is issued (you have a ticket number), there should be a coupon attached with the correct value. Even if you never pay and DL finds the error, they should charge the correct (original) amount.
Likely the bank is holding the 2nd charge thinking isca duplicate

Were they for same amount or routing or date or etc...? If so the system has likely flagged for manual review.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Likely the bank is holding the 2nd charge thinking isca duplicate

Were they for same amount or routing or date or etc...? If so the system has likely flagged for manual review.
That seems reasonable...the routing and dates are different, but the price of the tickets was identical and booked minutes apart so the system might have flagged it a duplicate. Hopefully they will manually process it and it will post soon so I can stop wondering.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Check the receipt attached to the tickets on the website... if it shows the charge and segment(s) status as 'open' then you should be all set.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
OP: Something similar happened to me. A pending charge “fell off” my Amex account but then eventually did post the following week. I bought two flights within a very short period of time.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:03 am

Your credit card company kicked it back as a duplicate. Call them and have it put through. If not the ticket could get canceled. Delta will consider it a Credit card company issue.
The tickets were the same to the penny?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Check the receipt attached to the tickets on the website... if it shows the charge and segment(s) status as 'open' then you should be all set.
It does.

Originally Posted by dtwtransport
OP: Something similar happened to me. A pending charge “fell off” my Amex account but then eventually did post the following week. I bought two flights within a very short period of time.
Good to know...I will give it a couple more days to see if it posts and then I will call my cc company per Jeff's advice.

Originally Posted by Jeff767
Your credit card company kicked it back as a duplicate. Call them and have it put through. If not the ticket could get canceled. Delta will consider it a Credit card company issue.
The tickets were the same to the penny?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

The charge for the 2nd flight finally posted today, just missing the cutoff to post on the next cc statement.
SUPERTRAVEL and dtwtransport like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:17 pm

This scenario happened to me, but slightly different. I upgraded my ticket to D1 and received the charge as pending on my Amex. The charge then dropped off today. I called Amex and they said that Delta needed to issue a finalized receipt to make the charge go through. So I then called Delta and the wonderful agent at the PM desk called ticketing support. They all said that the ticket looked good on their end and there is an approval code for the charge. In all likelihood, it will reappear on my statement at some point soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.