Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Does Good Deed for My Wife at JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence

It is always good to throw a bouquet rather than a brickbat.

My wife was on a MIA-JFK-CLE Delta trip on Sunday 3/24. The MIA flight arrived at JFK something like 90 minutes late, and when my wife got off the plane at JFK there were only 40 minutes left before the CLE flight was scheduled to depart. She arrived at Gate B53 and was departing from gate A21, about as far apart as two gates are at JFK. Fortunately, one of the GAs at JFK meeting her flight took pity on her, and arranged for the shuttle bus driver to drive directly to the Jitney station in the A gates rather than his usual route which involved going first to the Jitney stop at gate B23. My wife made her plane (zlthough her luggage didn't; she'll get that sometime tomorrow).

Thank you to the Delta employees in JFK who made this happen.
DLASflyer, FLYPWM, ty97 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
It is always good to throw a bouquet rather than a brickbat.

My wife was on a MIA-JFK-CLE Delta trip on Sunday 3/24. The MIA flight arrived at JFK something like 90 minutes late, and when my wife got off the plane at JFK there were only 40 minutes left before the CLE flight was scheduled to depart. She arrived at Gate B53 and was departing from gate A21, about as far apart as two gates are at JFK. Fortunately, one of the GAs at JFK meeting her flight took pity on her, and arranged for the shuttle bus driver to drive directly to the Jitney station in the A gates rather than his usual route which involved going first to the Jitney stop at gate B23. My wife made her plane (zlthough her luggage didn't; she'll get that sometime tomorrow).

Thank you to the Delta employees in JFK who made this happen.
Normally there is 2 busses. One goes on to B23 and one over to A. Are you sure she didn't misunderstand the GA telling the agent which bus to put her on? Otherwise the driver could have caused many other passengers to misconnect by skipping a stop.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The bus she got on was supposed to go to B23, and had a number of people on board who expected to go there (they were through with their trip at JFK and were going to baggage claim).
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The bus she got on was supposed to go to B23, and had a number of people on board who expected to go there (they were through with their trip at JFK and were going to baggage claim).
Odd. Normally IME they send those going to pickup bags to the A concourse. (It's closer to bag claim than B23)
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta, United
My wife made her plane (although her luggage didn't; she'll get that sometime tomorrow).
No good deed goes unpunished.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
No good deed goes unpunished.
Tomorrow isn’t significantly longer than the normal checked luggage arrival at CLE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.