Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL AmEx: Limited time $100 Delta eCredit Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium

Just received this e-mail, not sure if it is targeted as I sock draw the blue cobranded credit card that hasn't been used in over 5 years. No thank you, as I will not be enrolling, but this promo hints that cobranded portfolio credit card spend is down? Why would DL be offering this promo then? Or an attempt to entice inactive accounts to spend?

Earn a $100 Delta eCredit After you Enroll, Book & Spend

ENROLL

Enroll in the promotion by 4/15/2024

BOOK

Book a $350+ roundtrip Delta flight (including taxes and fees) on your enrolled Card by 4/30/2024*
Book Now ›

SPEND

Spend $1,500 in purchases on your enrolled Delta SkyMiles Blue American Express Card between 3/15/2024 and 4/30/2024*

Complete all the requirements above, and you’ll earn a $100 Delta eCredit to use toward booking a future flight.*

*Terms and Conditions

Eligibility

Only Delta SkyMiles® Blue, Gold, Platinum and Reserve American Express Card Members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this promotion. This promotion is non-transferable. Benefits pursuant to this promotion are limited to eligible Card Members. To qualify, an eligible Card Member must enroll for this promotion via delta.com/cardmemberoffer by April 15, 2024.

Eligible Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card Members can earn a $100 Delta eCredit for use towards a future flight after you (a) spend $1,500 in eligible purchases on your enrolled Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card between March 15, 2024 and April 30, 2024 (the “Promotional Period”) and (b) purchase a Main Cabin or higher fare of at least $350 (inclusive of taxes and fees) on a roundtrip Delta or Delta Connection® carrier-operated flight during the Promotional Period with your enrolled Card Account. Flight purchases must be booked through delta.com or the Fly Delta app. Both requirements must be met during the Promotional Period. Basic Economy tickets are not eligible to satisfy the flight purchase requirement. By enrolling in this promotion, you acknowledge the content of these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them. Purchases to meet the spend requirement can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account. Eligible purchases are purchase for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchase or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this promotion. To receive the $100 Delta eCredit, your Card account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of fulfillment. For questions regarding your Card account, please call the number on the back of your Card.

Purchases may fall outside of the Promotional Period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped). Please allow 90 days after the conclusion of the Promotional Period for the Delta eCredit to be added to your SkyMiles account.

If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with this promotion in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the spend requirement), we may not credit or we may remove the Delta eCredit from your account. If the eCredit has already been applied to a ticket, we reserve the right to cancel the ticket.

Delta eCredit

Eligible Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members can earn a Delta $100 eCredit, subject to the terms and conditions of this promotion which can be applied as payment towards the cost of a future Delta ticket and any government-imposed taxes and fees. This eCredit will expire 6 months from date of issuance. The eCredit is nontransferable and must be used for a ticket in the name of the person on the SkyMiles account. Additional terms apply. For full terms, visit: Certificates, eCredits & Gift Cards | Delta Air Lines

SkyMiles General
All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Offers are void where prohibited by law. Offers are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Just received this e-mail, not sure if it is targeted as I sock draw the blue cobranded credit card that hasn't been used in over 5 years.
It seems targeted by SkyMiles account -- I followed the link, signed in and clicked on the enroll button and it said "ENROLLMENT RESTRICTED BY PROMOTION INCLUSIVITY"
Firstboss likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
It seems targeted by SkyMiles account -- I followed the link, signed in and clicked on the enroll button and it said "ENROLLMENT RESTRICTED BY PROMOTION INCLUSIVITY"
Same for me.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by Zorak
I too received this message. I am restricted.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Amex runs targeted promotions for spend from time to time on some subset of accounts. I don't think this necessarily indicates that card spend is down. And I'd be surprised if they've seen much of an impact on card spend, as a result of the Delta changes, at this point in time.

Seems like a good deal to me though, not sure what your reasoning is to not enroll.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
I got the email and enrolled. Should be able to meet the requirements without too much trouble. I assume purchasing a flight of $350+ with a companion pass would count for the ticket purchase requirement? So long as the paid ticket portion is above $350 excluding taxes and fees and is paid for with the DL AMEX.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by rcmiller
I got the email and enrolled. Should be able to meet the requirements without too much trouble. I assume purchasing a flight of $350+ with a companion pass would count for the ticket purchase requirement? So long as the paid ticket portion is above $350 excluding taxes and fees and is paid for with the DL AMEX.
That is how I see it. You should meet the spend threshold with the $350+ ticket.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
I got this offer a few days after booking DEN FC tickets....of course my luck everything comes after the fact...lol
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Seems like a good deal to me though, not sure what your reasoning is to not enroll.
Would rather have 5x membership rewards using AmEx Platinum or 3x Chase UR points which has a 50% bonus when booking via Chase travel portal.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Would rather have 5x membership rewards using AmEx Platinum or 3x Chase UR points which has a 50% bonus when booking via Chase travel portal.
​​​​​ Valuing 1750 MR or 1050 UR at more than $100 (6 cents per MR and 9 cents per UR) seems questionable but to each their own.

(Even 2500 MR or 1500 UR more than $100 would be questionable in my book)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.