Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

3/14/24 Delta Flight 420 Diverted to ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium

Does anyone know the specific allegations of the two “unruly passengers” that caused the diversion from DFW to ATL earlier today, as now continuing on to JFK. Was on the ground for a little over 2 hrs.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by DrMilano
Does anyone know the specific allegations of the two “unruly passengers” that caused the diversion from DFW to ATL earlier today, as now continuing on to JFK. Was on the ground for a little over 2 hrs.
must’ve been fairly egregious.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
420 on Pi Day?

Stoners and math nerds seem unlikely...
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:43 pm

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/del...DXLLUCIXI55CY/
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
A Delta flight traveling from Dallas to New York was diverted to Atlanta’s airport Thursday after a passenger was found with a lighter on the plane.
Surely there's more to this story. Lighters* are allowed on planes.

*For the pedants out there, I'm talking about general consumer lighters like for cigs. Yes, I realize there are industrial lighters that cannot be carried on. https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...ing/flammables
estedman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:54 pm

Officials said that the Airbus A220 was flying from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York when the disturbance between two passengers occurred.”
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
ATL seems quite far off the course from DFW-JFK for a diversion. Must’ve been pretty egregious.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
According to flightaware.com, DL420 left DFW at 1215 CDT and arrived at ATL at 1526 EDT, and left ATL at 1731, arriving at JFK at 1936. The nonstop DFW-JFK flight on 3/13 left DFW at 1215 and arrived at JFK at 1647, so Thursday's Delta adventure cost pax 2 hours and 49 minutes.

At ATL, Delta could have reaccommodated pax headed overseas who would have missed connections to flights leaving JFK in the 6 pm timeframe.

As far as onboard fighting is concerned, I always tell people that, if I wanted to be part of a fight, I'd stay home and argue with my wife.
wrp96 and SeaHawg like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by wrp96
ATL seems quite far off the course from DFW-JFK for a diversion. Must’ve been pretty egregious.
Actually, for air traffic control reasons flights I've been on from Texas to the northeast seem to overfly ATL and then enter the airway that takes them up the east coast toward New York.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.