Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No more Medallion C+ comp upgrades to Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold

Delta has quietly removed, without any announcement, the availability to receive complimentary C+ upgrades on routes to Europe.
This is a HUGE devaluation of benefits, especially for Platinum and Diamonds.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...ays-to-upgrade

Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades:

Medallion Members and one travel companion are eligible for Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades to First Class and Delta Comfort+, as well as the domestic Delta One experience as part of your Medallion Benefits. Upgrades to First Class are available within most regions in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Bermuda, Central America, and Northern South America. **Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ are available within the U.S., Canada, Latin America/Caribbean, and Asia Pacific markets including China and Hong Kong**. Medallion Members can also now select their Seat Preferences for Delta Comfort+ Complimentary Upgrades on eligible future flights if they were not already cleared into Delta Comfort+
Attached Images  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That text has been there for several years now (going back to the earliest snapshots of that page from 2019/2020). Pretty safe to assume it's a typo and not a recent policy change.
https://web.archive.org/web/20191024...ays-to-upgrade
https://web.archive.org/web/20200921...ays-to-upgrade
findark and dw like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 5, 2024 at 9:11 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:06 am

Well, I am looking at a flight for a few months from now..... Delta may have just lost the sale. Delta was a little higher than the competition but C+ was probably going to get them to keep the sale. Now I will go with the other carrier where I have to pay for the seat I want but... it will cost less that Delta wants for a comfort seat on that route. One of the benefits of being a free agent. Used my "GUCs" and now have no real reason to fly DL internationally.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:44 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by xliioper
That text has been there for several years now (going back to the earliest snapshots of that page from 2019/2020). Pretty safe to assume it's a typo and not a recent policy change.
https://web.archive.org/web/20191024...ays-to-upgrade
https://web.archive.org/web/20200921...ays-to-upgrade
Plus, that language must be pretty old. It references Hong Kong, which we all know hasnt been flown to for years.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Well, I am looking at a flight for a few months from now..... Delta may have just lost the sale. Delta was a little higher than the competition but C+ was probably going to get them to keep the sale. Now I will go with the other carrier where I have to pay for the seat I want but... it will cost less that Delta wants for a comfort seat on that route. One of the benefits of being a free agent. Used my "GUCs" and now have no real reason to fly DL internationally.
Nothing has changed. Just an over reaction to a typical DL typo.
Adam1222 likes this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Mar 5, 2024 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
DL is really bad at updating the language on their site. I recently canceled an award reservation and still received the warning about points being forfeited if cancelled within 72 hours of departure that went away more than 3 years ago.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Can't be the case, I just booked a trip this past Saturday to Italy on DL metal in the 3rd quarter and was upgraded to C+ both ways from Main as a Diamond.
dw likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You could buy the ticket and see whether it upgrades to C+ before the 24 hour refund period ends, buy the ticket with miles, or keep it beyond 24 hours and plan to use a DL eCredit later if it doesn't upgrade within what you consider a reasonable time.
FabCW likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
Can't be the case, I just booked a trip this past Saturday to Italy on DL metal in the 3rd quarter and was upgraded to C+ both ways from Main as a Diamond.
Same here, booked a flight to Europe last week, and was upgraded to C+ right after booking.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: Diamond DL
Originally Posted by dw
DL is really bad at updating the language on their site. I recently canceled an award reservation and still received the warning about points being forfeited if cancelled within 72 hours of departure that went away more than 3 years ago.
when you want to book a flight ,

there are still the MQM which are a thing of the past
dw likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am locking this thread due to the misleading title.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.