Wiki Posts
Search

LGA Meatless Monday

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:29 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

LGA Meatless Monday

No meat anywhere to be found in the LGA SC. Disappointed Delta.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:00 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SSF556
No meat anywhere to be found in the LGA SC. Disappointed Delta.
At what hour was this? Breakfast? (I assume so since it's just 9am). Slightly misleading framing to leave that out (especially in the title).
No buffet is going to make everyone happy, but a breakfast spread with eggs, potatoes, breads, pastries, yogurts, cereals, cheeses and fruits is pretty reasonable. Is your complaint you couldn't get a few strips of greasy bacon? If so, this may belong in the list of inconsequential complaints.

If you have particular dietary needs that most people do not have (e.g., meat at breakfast), it is always best to be prepared to buy your own food or pack a Tupperware
dw, moondog, hhdl and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Are you suggesting this is some sort of environmental initiative or they simply don't have meat on the menu today?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by Adam1222
At what hour was this? Breakfast? (I assume so since it's just 9am). Slightly misleading framing to leave that out (especially in the title).
No buffet is going to make everyone happy, but a breakfast spread with eggs, potatoes, breads, pastries, yogurts, cereals, cheeses and fruits is pretty reasonable. Is your complaint you couldn't get a few strips of greasy bacon? If so, this may belong in the list of inconsequential complaints.

If you have particular dietary needs that most people do not have (e.g., meat at breakfast), it is always best to be prepared to buy your own food or pack a Tupperware
Last time I was at the LGA SC during breakfast hours, there was (chicken?) sausage on the breakfast buffet. I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation for some kind of breakfast meat. I also don't think it's unreasonable that they might temporarily be out of a particular food item.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Talked to the floor manager and meat was not on the breakfast menu today. He said he was surpised.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222

Who doesn’t eat meat for breakfast?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you asked, me, for one, and I know I am not alone.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
Last time I was at the LGA SC during breakfast hours, there was (chicken?) sausage on the breakfast buffet. I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation for some kind of breakfast meat. I also don't think it's unreasonable that they might temporarily be out of a particular food item.
Oh, and as an added point of reference, I'm fairly certain that I was at that LGA SC on a Monday.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Eggs. Yes.

Processed low grade meats loaded with nitrates, sodium, preservatives, etc? No.
dw, moondog, audio-nut and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Eggs. Yes.

Processed low grade meats loaded with nitrates, sodium, preservatives, etc? No.
Hard boiled eggs for sure, but who knows where those eggs come from. Not free range for sure.

Really it is all seed oil, soy, processed food in a SC. In the near future there will be no animal meat in a SC. Will be fake meat. That will be Delta’s next “green” project. Already seen fake chicken in the F ATL SC.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:39 am

Really it is all seed oil, soy, processed food in a SC.
Add 90% of the contents of the snack basket onboard in F too. Sugar, cheap seed oils, etc. Sure would be nice if DL realized that not all their customers are out of shape slobs who will stuff any low grade, processed garbage into their mouths. But real food isn't cheap and we all know it's all about shaving a few pennies wherever they can to increase that shareholder value for DL!
davedeboston, SSF556 and awonderer like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Add 90% of the contents of the snack basket onboard in F too. Sugar, cheap seed oils, etc. Sure would be nice if DL realized that not all their customers are out of shape slobs who will stuff any low grade, processed garbage into their mouths. But real food isn't cheap and we all know it's all about shaving a few pennies wherever they can to increase that shareholder value for DL!
Pistachios are the only thing in the snack basket that has 2 ingredients. I agree with everything else in the basket is horrible.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:44 am

This is one of the reasons that I often fast on travel days. I'd rather not eat than eat garbage, food-like substances. I pretty much never eat anything in the snack basket onboard. I might occasionally take the pistachios, but that's about it. In the SCs, I only eat if I want a glass of wine. The salami and cheese work in a pinch.
hockeystl and SSF556 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:46 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
In the near future there will be no animal meat in a SC. Will be fake meat. That will be Delta’s next “green” project. Already seen fake chicken in the F ATL SC.
Seems like most corporations only do green washing these days if there is an associated cost savings… and fake meat isn’t necessarily cheaper than regular meat.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by dw
Seems like most corporations only do green washing these days if there is an associated cost savings… and fake meat isn’t necessarily cheaper than regular meat.
And the amount of processing/energy spent to create that fake meat? It's laughable how some people argue it's better for you, and the environment, than real meal.

But, hey, let's give Delta +2 virtue signaling points for going green!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.