Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQD for Partner Operated Delta Ticketed Flight not Posting Properly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone looked at their MQD earnings on Partner operations (VS in this case) Business Class tickets from BOS->LHR (RT)
it is showing as 0$ MQD earned and the return flight booked on the same ticket is not showing up at all
I am Diamond, used GUC to upgrade one leg and paid for BC on the other leg.

-T
Old Feb 4, 2024, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I just flew LAS - YYC on Westjet using miles and the MQDs posted correctly.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 98pct
Has anyone looked at their MQD earnings on Partner operations (VS in this case) Business Class tickets from BOS->LHR (RT)
it is showing as 0$ MQD earned and the return flight booked on the same ticket is not showing up at all

-T
The GUC upgrade means will need to manually process. GUC upgrades into award class on VS metal. Note you only earn per the actual paid Farr, not upgraded when using a GUC. (There's an exception but not when on VS)
litheon likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by 98pct

-T
Common problem as they book into G class on Virgin I think and this class on DL doesn’t earn mileage. So you just need to call in and they will process it in about 7 days.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Common problem as they book into G class on Virgin I think and this class on DL doesn’t earn mileage. So you just need to call in and they will process it in about 7 days.
Correct. VS G class is the booking class VS uses for Upper Class awards when you redeem miles. So the DL system just sees it as an award flight and won't award any Skymiles/MQDs for flight. GUCs applied to AF/KL flights book into Z class which is a revenue fare class on AF/KL (like DL, this is the lowest business booking class on AF/KL) and thus do not have the issue.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Correct. VS G class is the booking class VS uses for Upper Class awards when you redeem miles. So the DL system just sees it as an award flight and won't award any Skymiles/MQDs for flight. GUCs applied to AF/KL flights book into Z class which is a revenue fare class on AF/KL (like DL, this is the lowest business booking class on AF/KL) and thus do not have the issue.
I used a GUC on Virgin on a revenue ticket and had the same problem. 0 MQM/MQS/MQD. I had to call in and get it done manually.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I used a GUC on Virgin on a revenue ticket and had the same problem. 0 MQM/MQS/MQD. I had to call in and get it done manually.
You can't use GUCs on VS metal Award flights. Only revenue fare bookings are eligible for GUC upgrades with partner metal (Award flights must be on DL metal booked with Skymiles to be eligible to be upgraded with GUCs).

G class is just the inventory bucket class VS chooses to use to determine whether or not a flight is available to apply a DL GUC upgrade on and so that is the class the GUCs book into on them. AF/KL happen to choose to use the Z revenue fare inventory bucket class to determine eligibility for GUC application.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 4, 2024 at 7:09 pm
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by drminn
I just flew LAS - YYC on Westjet using miles and the MQDs posted correctly.
Oh, DL award tickets on Westjet (not a SkyTeam member) now yield MQDs? Awesome; they did not use to.
And did the miles flown count toward million miler status too?

Last edited by PHXflier; Feb 5, 2024 at 7:02 am
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHXflier
Oh, DL award tickets on Westjet (not a SkyTeam member) now yield MQDs? Awesome; they did not use to.
And did the miles flown count toward million miler status too?
Awards booked on partners with Skymiles became MQD earn eligibile effective Jan 1, 2024. This was one of the announced changes last year. Believe that anything that earns MQDs also counts towards MM on a 1:1 miles flown basis.
Note that there are no Account Activity listings for MM earn. Award flights do not earn RDM and mileage earn in account activity only reflects RDM earn.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 5, 2024 at 7:38 am
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by xliioper
Awards booked on partners with Skymiles became MQD earn eligibile effective Jan 1, 2024. This was one of the announced changes last year. Believe that anything that earns MQDs also counts towards MM on a 1:1 miles flown basis.
Note that there are no Account Activity listings for MM earn. Award flights do not earn RDM and mileage earn in account activity only reflects RDM earn.
Thanks for the clarification, xliioper! I had assumed/interpreted those announced changes to mean that MQDs and million miler counts were limited to Skyteam members, but glad to hear that Westjet is included too.
Yes, there is no indication in the Delta account profile of what has been added to the MM counter, but the MM counter seems accurate, and agrees with the Excel sheet I have started keeping since the end of last year (close to 3 MM, and I want to make sure that I get there before the end of the calendar year), so if others do something similar, they should be able to see whether miles on Westjet are added when traveling on a DL award ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.