Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Reserve and Plat Amex AFs Increasing by $100/year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Delta Reserve

• New Annual Fee: $650 (from $550), effective now for new applications, effective May 1, 2024 for renewals.
  • One-Time Benefits: $100 Delta ETC and 1,000 MQD for accounts in good standing as of January 31, 2024
  • Companion Certificate Improvements: Now valid for simple round-trip travel originating in the 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, or the USVI and to the same, Central America, or the Caribbean (see full T&C for list of countries). Same booking class restrictions apply, although Premium Select is now explicitly covered. Valid for Main (LUTXV), Comfort Plus (W/S differentialed to LUTXV), Premium Select (A/G), or First (I/Z). Not valid for Delta One. Per T&C, new rules valid for certificates issued on/after February 1, 2024.
  • $10 Monthly "Rideshare" Credit: With Uber, Lyft, Revel, Curb, or Alto. T&Cs explicitly prohibit services other than rides: "Eligible purchases do not include delivery services (for example, food, packages, groceries, pet food, toys or retail clothing), bikeshare, scooter, car rental, transit, membership, or any other non-rideshare services offered by the rideshare providers."
  • $20 Monthly Resy Credit: Good at any restaurant registered on Resy.com, or purchases directly from Resy.
  • $200 Annual Delta Stays Credit: Good for prepaid lodging booked through delta.com/stays ($250 for the business card)
  • Sky Club Guest Passes: Four annual guest passes (up from two)
  • Hertz President's Circle Status: Provided to the primary member
  • New Categories (Business only): 1.5x on transit, shipping, and office supplies

Delta Platinum

• New Annual Fee: $350 (from $250), effective now for new applications, effective May 1, 2024 for renewals.
  • Companion Certificate Improvements: Now valid for simple round-trip travel originating in the 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico, or the USVI and to the same, Central America, or the Caribbean (see full T&C for list of countries). Same booking class restrictions apply: valid for travel in LUTXV classes. Per T&C, new rules valid for certificates issued on/after February 1, 2024.
  • $10 Monthly "Rideshare" Credit: With Uber, Lyft, Revel, Curb, or Alto. T&Cs explicitly prohibit services other than rides: "Eligible purchases do not include delivery services (for example, food, packages, groceries, pet food, toys or retail clothing), bikeshare, scooter, car rental, transit, membership, or any other non-rideshare services offered by the rideshare providers."
  • $10 Monthly Resy Credit: Good at any restaurant registered on Resy.com, or purchases directly from Resy.
  • $150 Annual Delta Stays Credit: Good for prepaid lodging booked through delta.com/stays ($200 for the business card)
  • Hertz Five Star Status: Provided to the primary member
  • Upgrade Eligibility: Members with no SkyMiles status will be eligible for complimentary upgrades after all Silver Medallions (formerly only a Reserve benefit, aka "Plastic Medallion")
  • New Categories (Business only): 1.5x for transit and shipping expenses, and for all expenses in excess of $5,000 per year, up to $100,000 per year

Delta Gold

• New Annual Fee: $150 (from $99), effective now for new applications, effective May 1, 2024 for renewals.
  • $200 Delta ETC: Received after spending $10,000 per year (up from $100)
  • $100 Annual Delta Stays Credit: Good for prepaid lodging booked through delta.com/stays
  • New Categories (Business only): 2x for shipping and advertising expenses, up to $50,000 per year

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:02 am
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

Seems to be effective today for new cardmembers. New details are on the Amex site.

Variety of semi useful or useless, depending on the person, monthly or annual credits added.

Reserve gets 4 guest passes.

Companion pass destinations are expanded to more N American locations.

Ballsy move, Amex and DL, especially on the Reserve Card.
hurnik, hi55us and golfr like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:12 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by dw
Seems to be effective today for new cardmembers. New details are on the Amex site.

Variety of semi useful or useless, depending on the person, monthly or annual credits added.

I am wondering how many people will cancel due to this. I have DL Reserve with my husband and daughter (age 15) as AU's. I also have a son (12) and paid DL at least $250 in fees to get him into the Skyclub with us. The 4 passes will be nice.
ACCDraw and davidahn like this.

Last edited by Dracarys; Feb 1, 2024 at 6:13 am Reason: spelling error
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:14 am

Comprehensive summary available at

https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2024/02/01/delta-amex-increased-fees-new-features/

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-credit-card-changes-2024/
dw, hurnik and chipbennett like this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Feb 1, 2024 at 6:43 am
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:16 am
dw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dracarys
I am wondering how many people will cancel due to this. I have DL Reserve with my husband and daughter (age 15) as AU's. I also have a son (12) and paid DL at least $250 in fees to get him into the Skyclub with us. The 4 passes will be nice.

Pretty bold of them to raise the Reserve AF right before they start limiting entrances a year from now. But I suspect a lot of cardholders are locked in due to needing the MQDs from spend.

For people who already have status, I’d think the value prop on the Amex DL Platinum is worse now, unless they really need the $2,500 MQD head start.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by dw

Ballsy, indeed. The main reason to pay the AF for that card was the SkyClub access, which as of 2025 will be severely nerfed. To raise the AF $100 on top of that?!?

I'll opt to keep the card, primarily for the companion cert. So, there's a chance that I'll get more value out of the cert if I can use it in AK, HI, and the Caribbean. Also, not sure if this is new? But there's also now a $10/month rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) credit? That, alone, would offset the increase in AF.
davidahn likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
Ballsy, indeed. The main reason to pay the AF for that card was the SkyClub access, which as of 2025 will be severely nerfed. To raise the AF $100 on top of that?!?

I'll opt to keep the card, primarily for the companion cert. So, there's a chance that I'll get more value out of the cert if I can use it in AK, HI, and the Caribbean. Also, not sure if this is new? But there's also now a $10/month rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) credit? That, alone, would offset the increase in AF.
It’s old from regular Amex. New for DL Amex.
chipbennett likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
The companion certificate expansion to the Caribbean and Central America is pretty great. And, yes, I've been able to use my companion certificate every year I've held the card for first class round trips and doubt that will change.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
It’s old from regular Amex. New for DL Amex.
AmEx Plat just gives $15/month as Uber Cash (that expires monthly). The wording above is that it is a statement credit, unless I'm mis-reading it? (Always possible.)

EDIT: Just to test, I just added my DL Reserve AmEx to my Uber account and added a minimum funds transfer. I'll see if it shows up as a statement credit, or if AmEx deposits $10 Uber Cash on 9/29 (as it does with the AmEx Plat).

Last edited by chipbennett; Feb 1, 2024 at 7:05 am Reason: Update
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:17 am
dw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chipbennett
EDIT: Just to test, I just added my DL Reserve AmEx to my Uber account and added a minimum funds transfer. I'll see if it shows up as a statement credit, or if AmEx deposits $10 Uber Cash on 9/29 (as it does with the AmEx Plat).
it’s a monthly statement credit for Uber, Lyft, Curb, Revel or Alto. Supposedly enrollment is required- I just did so online for both my DL cards

Details for all the credits are now showing under Benefits after you log into your Amex account.
chipbennett likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
They're also adding complementary upgrades to the DL Platinum cards, interesting.

​​​​​​I guess with the $10 Uber credit, companion cert good for Caribbean, and additional 2 Skyclub guest passes (total of 4 for reserve now), it's a wash for me.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:22 am

Just used the $250 hotel credit--that's a big improvement.
uanj and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:41 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Was considering getting the AmEx DL Plat later in the year if I needed the MQD boost…this makes that seem less appealing now though
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by dw
it’s a monthly statement credit for Uber, Lyft, Curb, Revel or Alto. Supposedly enrollment is required- I just did so online for both my DL cards

Details for all the credits are now showing under Benefits after you log into your Amex account.
From the T&C: "Eligible purchases are for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents."

Does this mean that the statement credit will not be applied for Uber Cash purchases, but only for direct ride-share trip payments? (Not a big deal; I'll just need to use the card for at least one of my many Uber rides each month.)
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Companion cert being good for the Caribbean actually makes keeping the reserve card worthwhile for me on its own - my sister and I do an annual trip SLC-PLS where even V fares are routinely into the $600+ range r/t.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by bloc0102
They're also adding complementary upgrades to the DL Platinum cards, interesting.
Probably saves time as the passenger manifest will serve the dual purpose of upgrade list and details of souls on board.
dw, hockeystl, emma dog and 13 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.