Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Status for Million Milers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Gold Status for Million Milers

I received the 'letter from Ed' email on 10/18 regarding changes to the program. This quote was contained in the email regarding million miler status:
'We want our long-term loyalists to know how much you’re truly appreciated. Effective February 1, 2024, we are significantly upgrading annual Complimentary Status achievement levels for all Million Milers.
  • 6M+ from Diamond Medallion to Delta 360°™
  • 5M from Platinum Medallion to Delta 360°™
  • 4M from Platinum Medallion to Diamond Medallion
  • 3M from Gold Medallion to Diamond Medallion
  • 2M from Gold Medallion to Platinum Medallion
  • 1M from Silver Medallion to Gold Medallion
This appears to indicate that my status should be upgraded to Gold since I am a million miler. I haven't seen any indication since then of my status upgrade and nobody in customer service seems to know anything about it. Has Delta changed their mind again?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:21 am

Wait until Thursday.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Its not February 1st yet..................................Do you have an emergency that requires you to have Gold Status reflected at 12:01am on the 1st? My goodness.
I thought I would have heard something by now, and the agent I spoke to last week knew nothing about it. My SIL received recent emails regarding her 2024 benefits two weeks ago, so I expected some communication from Delta by now.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Interestingly I just made Million Miler and Ed's email template still said lifetime Silver. App correctly says 2024 status Gold Medallion, however. They made a lot of changes this year and it will take some time for everything to be updated.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Armani
I received the 'letter from Ed' email on 10/18 regarding changes to the program. This quote was contained in the email regarding million miler status:
'We want our long-term loyalists to know how much you’re truly appreciated. Effective February 1, 2024, we are significantly upgrading annual Complimentary Status achievement levels for all Million Milers.This appears to indicate that my status should be upgraded to Gold since I am a million miler. I haven't seen any indication since then of my status upgrade and nobody in customer service seems to know anything about it. Has Delta changed their mind again?
Without being snarky, you quoted it/stated it yourself: "Effective February 1, 2024....". It's not February 1, 2024 yet. Your new MM status will (well, should) become effective on Thursday.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
OK, let's not all get hot and bothered because OP jumped the gun. I think OP just wants some reassurance. Given DL's track record, that's understandable and relatable.

If DL didn't go forward with this promised benefit, they would have a full-scale revolt on their hands which would make the reaction to the original announcement look like child's play. IMO, you will get your status, there's been no news to the contrary, and the only question is if IT will be ready on Feb. 1.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I have 1.9 million miles and earned PM for 2024. My Skymiles tracker indicates I am GM for 2025 and how many MQDs I need for PM for 2025. Don't worry about it, on 2/1/24 the system will recognize you as a newly minted GM.
Armani and awonderer like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by safigan
OK, let's not all get hot and bothered because OP jumped the gun. I think OP just wants some reassurance. Given DL's track record, that's understandable and relatable.

If DL didn't go forward with this promised benefit, they would have a full-scale revolt on their hands which would make the reaction to the original announcement look like child's play. IMO, you will get your status, there's been no news to the contrary, and the only question is if IT will be ready on Feb. 1.
I checked my account today and it shows my progress to achieving Gold status for 2025 (which is 0), but there is no indication anywhere that I will have gold status. If I was going to be gold in 2024, I would expect it to show what I need to get to the next level.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I checked my account today and it shows my progress to achieving Gold status for 2025 (which is 0), but there is no indication anywhere that I will have gold status. If I was going to be gold in 2024, I would expect it to show what I need to get to the next level.
You are overthinking it. We are sort of in a no-man's land right now as we are still in 2023 status year and are past the point of qualifying for 2024 status year which begins Feb 1, 2024 (and was earned during 2023 calendar year). DL is likely just holding fast to the MM "comp annual status" designation and not making it official until 2024 status year begins on Feb 1, 2024. When you earn it organically, they let you have status early, but if you are relying on your MM status level, then it is by the books.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 29, 2024 at 10:39 pm
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
You are overthinking it. We are sort of in a no-man's land right now as we are still in 2023 status year and are past the point of qualifying for 2024 status year which begins Feb 1, 2024 (and was earned during 2023 calendar year). DL is likely just holding fast to the MM "comp annual status" designation and not making official until 2024 status year begins on Feb 1, 2024. When you earn it organically, they let you have status early, buf if you are relying on your MM status level, then it is by the books.
I agree with you, but for what it's worth, I am a 1MM, earned DM in 2023 for 2024, and my status tracker right now shows "2025 Status Progress: Gold Medallion". And it shows that I am at $1298 MQDs, with $13,702 to go to get to PM.

Something else, for the OP - I am an Android user (so I can't speak for how the iPhone app is working), but on my app, the status tracker, MQDs and MM lifetime miles are not updating after each trip until I force a logout and log back in. The website has been correct though.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Like a couple of other posters in this thread, I am MM and earned PM for 2024, but the app and the website already show my current 2025 status as Gold even though I have earned only about 1484 MQD so far this year.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Wait until Thursday.
40 hours and 12 minutes to go!!!
awonderer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I agree with you, but for what it's worth, I am a 1MM, earned DM in 2023 for 2024, and my status tracker right now shows "2025 Status Progress: Gold Medallion". And it shows that I am at $1298 MQDs, with $13,702 to go to get to PM.

Something else, for the OP - I am an Android user (so I can't speak for how the iPhone app is working), but on my app, the status tracker, MQDs and MM lifetime miles are not updating after each trip until I force a logout and log back in. The website has been correct though.
Again, yes they know what your minimum status level for 2025 will be based on new MM levels that will be in place by then. I'm a 1MM and see the same for the 2025 status tracker (currently Plat for 2024 program year based on 2023 earnings). They just haven't effected those status levels yet for the 2024 status year for those relying on MM status instead of having organically earned equal or higher level last calendar year. I'm afraid a lot of folks are missing my point and continue to confuse earnings year and status program years (on account of DL giving you status early when you earn it organically). We are still in 2023 program year, 2024 status program year begins Feb 1st (the tracker for 2024 status ceased on Dec 31st, 2023), the 2025 status tracker that is up right now is for status for 2025 program year which begins Feb 1, 2025. It has nothing to do with your status for the 2024 program year which begins in a couple days.

Anyone who earns a higher level of status for 2025 during 2024 calendar year will get status bumped immediately, but they do not actually have 2024 program year status and won't get a set of 2024 Choice Benefits if earning Plat/DM levels during 2024 for first time.
awonderer, audidudi and hhdl like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 30, 2024 at 7:29 am
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
You are overthinking it. We are sort of in a no-man's land right now as we are still in 2023 status year and are past the point of qualifying for 2024 status year which begins Feb 1, 2024 (and was earned during 2023 calendar year). DL is likely just holding fast to the MM "comp annual status" designation and not making it official until 2024 status year begins on Feb 1, 2024. When you earn it organically, they let you have status early, but if you are relying on your MM status level, then it is by the books.
I've been a Delta FF member since the inception of the initial program. Over the years, they have done a better job than other airlines in recognizing customers and being proactive when problems occur. I'm surprised they haven't sent an email by now to million milers who will benefit from this policy change to congratulate them for their new status. That would be easy to do. This lack of communication updates is what concerns me. I look forward to seeing my status upgrade by Thursday. If not, I will need a good email address to send to Delta.

Update: I noticed that 4 drink vouchers were added to my account this morning, so hopefully that is a good sign.

Last edited by Armani; Jan 30, 2024 at 8:05 am
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I've been a Delta FF member since the inception of the initial program. Over the years, they have done a better job than other airlines in recognizing customers and being proactive when problems occur. I'm surprised they haven't sent an email by now to million milers who will benefit from this policy change to congratulate them for their new status. That would be easy to do. This lack of communication updates is what concerns me. I look forward to seeing my status upgrade by Thursday. If not, I will need a good email address to send to Delta.

Update: I noticed that 4 drink vouchers were added to my account this morning, so hopefully that is a good sign.

Forgive me if I'm missing something but why would Delta congratulate you on something that you haven't achieved yet, given that your mileage accrual does not grant gold status yet? (It will on 2/1)
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.