Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked Virgin Accidentally.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2024 | 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Booked Virgin Accidentally.

Booked a flight on Delta One and after checking out in my haste I realized it was with Virgin. Will be my first time on Virgin.

​​​​​​On Delta WiFi is free for me since I have T-Mobile. Does anyone know if that will apply for Virgin? If not what is current pricing? Also am I able to get into Delta Sky Club with my now Virgin ticket?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2024 | 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and 2MM, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I fly Virgin Upper Class many times a year from JFK to Heathrow. Youll very much enjoy it, but the wifi is not free. Full flight wifi is around 21. If youre departing from JFK, IAD, or SFO, youll have access to the Virgin Clubhouse. If from another airport in the U.S., youll have access to a Delta Sky Club or one of Virgins partner lounges listed on their site.
lindros2 likes this.

Last edited by sc001; Jan 27, 2024 at 8:50 pm
Old Jan 27, 2024 | 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Garavar
Booked a flight on Delta One and after checking out in my haste I realized it was with Virgin. Will be my first time on Virgin.

​​​​​​On Delta WiFi is free for me since I have T-Mobile. Does anyone know if that will apply for Virgin? If not what is current pricing? Also am I able to get into Delta Sky Club with my now Virgin ticket?.
What route?
VS or DL flight number? [VS operated]
Old Jan 27, 2024 | 9:44 pm
10 Years on Site

Booked a flight on Delta One and after checking out in my haste I realized it was with Virgin. Will be my first time on Virgin..
Virgin is fantastic. This was no accident, this was a lucky break. You wont want to go back to DL after this.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 5:26 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

I flew Virgin JFK >LHR. There was zero WiFi available on the flight paid or free. My colleague flew Virgin LHR>AUS. Again no WiFi available.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 7:07 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I flew Virgin JFK >LHR. There was zero WiFi available on the flight paid or free. My colleague flew Virgin LHR>AUS. Again no WiFi available.
Sure, and Ive flown several DL, AA, AS, AF, BA etc. flights where the Wi-Fi was unavailable as well. Per the VS website their entire fleet has Wi-Fi so OP should be fine but there is always a chance for an issue with the system where it doesnt work on any airline.
AJNEDC, sc001, cre95 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What route?
VS or DL flight number? [VS operated]
5966. Miami to LHR

Wifi not being free is a bit of a kick in the nuts. I paid $3,412 for the ticket
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 7:59 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB

​​​​​​On Delta WiFi is free for me since I have T-Mobile. Does anyone know if that will apply for Virgin? If not what is current pricing? Also am I able to get into Delta Sky Club with my now Virgin ticket?

Thanks.
Virgin's lounges are several levels up from DL's Sky Clubs. Just go to the Virgin lounge and enjoy. The Clubhouse in London is one of the best in the world IMO. I would rate it top 3. And I would not rate any of DL's lounges in the top 15.

Enjoy the Virgin experience.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 7:59 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
5966. Miami to LHR

Wifi not being free is a bit of a kick in the nuts. I paid $3,412 for the ticket
If the flight is operated by a A351 or A339, you're in for a great flight with seats that are identical to DL One but with much nicer finishing elements. Food is quite nice and the crews are almost universally enthusiastic and excellent. If the flight is a A333 or 787, the seats are outdated herringbone with little privacy and no window view. That's the key issue with flying VS and if it were me and I booked that by accident, I'd call DL and see if they can change it for you.

Wifi, while nice if free, is really a rounding error for a ticket that costs almost #3500. I'd just eat it and enjoy the flight.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 8:03 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
If the flight is operated by a A351 or A339, you're in for a great flight with seats that are identical to DL One but with much nicer finishing elements. Food is quite nice and the crews are almost universally enthusiastic and excellent. If the flight is a A333 or 787, the seats are outdated herringbone with little privacy and no window view. That's the key issue with flying VS and if it were me and I booked that by accident, I'd call DL and see if they can change it for you.

Wifi, while nice if free, is really a rounding error for a ticket that costs almost #3500. I'd just eat it and enjoy the flight.
Unlike me who demand a window so I can look out and not feel trapped and hemmed in, my experience is that most close their shades soon after take off. Heck, even some FA walk around doing this. So your window comment is somewhat strange for people not with my requirement. Seems to me that it shouldn't matter to most.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 8:34 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
5966. Miami to LHR

That's the late evening flight, right? VS operates an A350 for that. I was on that flight last month and really enjoyed it. Seats similar to D1, good food (several options if you preselect), and the FAs are excellent.

If booking that was an accident, it was a very happy accident!
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 8:40 am
40 Countries Visited1M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I really, really like Virgin on newer planes (A350 and Dreamliner). They have two diff A350 configs.
You can tour a virtual plane in 3D: https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...rbus-a350.html

The WiFi was terrible when I used it. Delta is much better.
If you can avoid it, I'd avoid it.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 11:18 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
5966. Miami to LHR

Speak for yourself..I have paid more for a kick in the nuts than that amount!
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 11:46 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Originally Posted by testycal
Speak for yourself..I have paid more for a kick in the nuts than that amount!
The user name pairs well with the comment...
NotHamSarnie and GoBob like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024 | 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and 2MM, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by IggySD
Sure, and Ive flown several DL, AA, AS, AF, BA etc. flights where the Wi-Fi was unavailable as well. Per the VS website their entire fleet has Wi-Fi so OP should be fine but there is always a chance for an issue with the system where it doesnt work on any airline.
Agree with this. I fly Virgin every 3 months or so. All of their aircraft - A330s, A350s, and B787s - are equipped with WiFi. It has worked every time except once in the last few years Ive flown Virgin. There could be mechanical issues one day that causes it to go out, but on the whole Virgin offers reliable wifi. Its not the fastest by any means, but it is available fleet-wide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.