Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Losing Delta Benefits After Canceling Amex Delta Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold

I currently hold the Delta Amex Gold card that I plan to cancel. My last Delta flight (in likely the next couple of years) is on 2/4 but my statement with the fee is due on 2/1. Hoping to keep priority boarding for that flight. Does anyone have any data points on when you lose delta benefits after cancelling?

I’ll likely downgrade to the Blue.

Thanks all!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by greenbags125
I currently hold the Delta Amex Gold card that I plan to cancel. My last Delta flight (in likely the next couple of years) is on 2/4 but my statement with the fee is due on 2/1. Hoping to keep priority boarding for that flight. Does anyone have any data points on when you lose delta benefits after cancelling?

I’ll likely downgrade to the Blue.

Thanks all!
Have no clue on the DL side. But you have 30 days to cancel/downgrade after the statement is due. Can always game that window,
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:28 pm

Cancel on Feb 4 after the flight. They will reverse the full annual fee.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Have no clue on the DL side. But you have 30 days to cancel/downgrade after the statement is due. Can always game that window,
Fee was charged on Jan 7, statement closes on Feb 1. Does that mean I pay the $99 first and call on 2/4 to reverse? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by greenbags125
Fee was charged on Jan 7, statement closes on Feb 1. Does that mean I pay the $99 first and call on 2/4 to reverse? Thanks!
Correct to avoid interest charges.
greenbags125 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
You have to pay by then. But you can shortly after downgrade to DL Blue and the payment will; be credited back to the Blue card.
greenbags125 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.