Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta international service change?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Delta international service change?

I saw on Reddit that someone said that Delta is changing their service for Delta premium select and their main cabin. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:17 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Not sure about Main Cabin but the new Premium Select service is supposed to debut some time in March. Supposed to have dedicated flight attendants for the cabin and service will be done from the mid-galley (only possible on the 764s and A330s); not sure how they will do the service on the 763s since there is no galley between D1 and DPS currently.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Not sure about Main Cabin but the new Premium Select service is supposed to debut some time in March. Supposed to have dedicated flight attendants for the cabin and service will be done from the mid-galley (only possible on the 764s and A330s); not sure how they will do the service on the 763s since there is no galley between D1 and DPS currently.
How would they do on A330s from mid-galley? Except for A339, D1 galley is mid-galley on A332/3.
Bsachris4 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
I'm assuming this means the catering will be improved to be in the range of what AA and UA offers in Premium Economy, and that will be great news. Hopefully the main meal will be a J-light meal again, and hopefully the second meal won't just be the breakfast sandwich or hot pocket thing they serve in coach.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 11:25 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
That would be good. Currently, it is nowhere near the same level as JV partner Virgin Atlantic's Premium cabin. Hopefully a bit more consistancy across the transatlantic network.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:54 am
dw

Originally Posted by adhiren
That would be good. Currently, it is nowhere near the same level as JV partner Virgin Atlantic's Premium cabin. Hopefully a bit more consistancy across the transatlantic network.
The SkyTeam JV partners are all over the place right now with their Premium Economy meals. VS is similar to BA/AA and UA, KL is a bit behind, and AF is arguably worse than DL.
lindros2 and awonderer like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by dw
The SkyTeam JV partners are all over the place right now with their Premium Economy meals. VS is similar to BA/AA and UA, KL is a bit behind, and AF is arguably worse than DL.
I flew AF earlier this week, and the PS meals were arguably the same as my last PS meal in DL, which was no great shakes. I'd like to see them BOTH up their game, given the difference in cost from Main/C+.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Supposedly DPS meals will be similar to D1 transcon meals. Main cabin is supposedly getting trays back with cheese and crackers being added.
dw, MSPeconomist and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Yay!
Makes my $4k-per-seat PS more valuable.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM
Oh, so back where it originally was?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wooootles
Oh, so back where it originally was?
I had the exact same thought.

Maybe they finally realized they needed to throw a bone to PS given the absurd amount they are now charging for it
Old Jan 26, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
should also give connections in domestic F (not D1) again since the DL website still lists PS as a higher class of service than domestic F
MSPeconomist and bloc0102 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
should also give connections in domestic F (not D1) again since the DL website still lists PS as a higher class of service than domestic F
Unlike Premium Plus and Economy Plus on United, listed as an "Economy Cabin" on their onboard experience page, Premium Select and Comfort+ are separate cabins with fare codes for BOTH (UA only has fare codes for PP). PS has never been identified as anything but the middle-ground product between D1 and the C+ product, including on the website, so I am not sure why you would think that it would warrant connecting flights in F.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:06 am
dw

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Domestic connections are in C+. Question is-- does AA even give out complimentary Main Cabin Extra for domestic connections, and for United, Economy Plus, on international Premium Economy tickets they sell?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by dw
Domestic connections are in C+. Question is-- does AA even give out complimentary Main Cabin Extra for domestic connections, and for United, Economy Plus, on international Premium Economy tickets they sell?
UA does give free E+ for PP fares for domestic connections. DL initially provided domestic F connections

UA is a bit strange with how they view PP on their website. In some places, it is a premium cabin (including on the mile play promotions). Other places, it is economy
dw and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.