Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Lifetime Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Delta Lifetime Miles

With the new program changes, do the DL miles flown on an award travel ticket count towards accumulated lifetime miles?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by dbwalter
With the new program changes, do the DL miles flown on an award travel ticket count towards accumulated lifetime miles?
For the million miler clock, yes. 👍
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATLCDG
For the million miler clock, yes. 👍
Thanks! I have an upcoming DL award travel trip from US to Asia with a good bit of miles (DL flights), and on my current itinerary it shows 0 miles, but this was booked at least 6 mo ago, b4 program changes, so hopefully after the flight the miles will show up in Lifetime Miles. (I am getting close to another Lifetime threshold and hoping that will push me a bit closer.
Thanks again!
ATLCDG likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by dbwalter
Thanks! I have an upcoming DL award travel trip from US to Asia with a good bit of miles (DL flights), and on my current itinerary it shows 0 miles, but this was booked at least 6 mo ago, b4 program changes, so hopefully after the flight the miles will show up in Lifetime Miles. (I am getting close to another Lifetime threshold and hoping that will push me a bit closer.
Thanks again!
The miles earned shown on your itinerary are for award/redeemable miles for the trip, which indeed are zero for an award trip. The actual flown miles, which contributes to the MM counter, are not shown in your itinerary
hhdl and awonderer like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the clarification! I am closing in on 3MM, which used to be mean nothing (or nothing that didn't already come w/ 2MM), but w/ program revamp now means Lifetime Diamond, which is great. But, since COVID I have been doing less travel & more remote meetings, so I am trying to be strategic about getting another +/- 80K miles over the next year or so. I appreciate your reply!
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Just FYI, there's lots more discussion on OP's question (including confirmation of award miles counting toward MM) in this thread: Delta Million Miler Calculation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.