Search

2023 Amex MQM Status Boost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
2023 Amex MQM Status Boost

Hi,

In the final days of 2023, my spending crossed $60K, ending around $62K, according to my Amex online account. Despite this, I haven't received my MQM boost.

A chat agent claims I only spent $55K in qualifying spend, but I've paid in full and never have non-qualifying transactions like cash advances (esp. $7K of them!). Has anyone else faced MQM boost issues at year-end, especially as this program sunsets?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Hi,

In the final days of 2023, my spending crossed $60K, ending around $62K, according to my Amex online account. Despite this, I haven't received my MQM boost.

A chat agent claims I only spent $55K in qualifying spend, but I've paid in full and never have non-qualifying transactions like cash advances (esp. $7K of them!). Has anyone else faced MQM boost issues at year-end, especially as this program sunsets?
Was that with the Boost spend tracker, or the year-to-date total? If you are looking at Amex year-to-date spend for 2023, you have to manually subtract out any merchant credits (it will not do that for you). You can also take miles earned year to date (before bonus miles) from the last PDF statement which equals year-to-date qualifying spend and then add any new transactions after that until end of year (subtracting any new merchant credits as well).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 6, 2024 at 3:46 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The boost spend tracker is gone. What do you mean by merchant credits? Like all returns? Why would those not be reflected on the total spend?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The boost spend tracker is gone. What do you mean by merchant credits? Like all returns? Why would those not be reflected on the total spend?
Yes, like returns. They just do not subtract out returns from annual total transactions. Merchant credits are just lumped together with payment credits together in the total credits amount, so they have to be manually subtracted as they don't count towards qualifying spend. Your monthly PDF statements will also show year-to-date mileage earn before bonus miles which is equal to year-to-date qualifying spend in dollars with credits already subtracted out. You can just take the last statement and add new spend and subtract any new returns from that point balance.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 6, 2024 at 4:28 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
I had two boosts that I received the email for and could never apply. I "opened a case" with AMEX (useless) and Delta told me Amex has to "push it through" -- also useless.

I have 30K "MQMs" in limbo that represent 60K RDMs once the rollover thing is available.

I expect this to take months to resolve.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you try the direct mbrLanding link? https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
They should auto-post after 30 days if not gifted.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Regrettably I'm bumping this... It's been 6 weeks since I earned the 4th boost on each Delta Reserve card. AMEX continues to blow me off. Delta continues to tell me it's up to AMEX.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:21 pm

I have always had great success by calling the Amex retention department and saying I would like to pay off my balance in full and close my account. I always have well trained staff who speak fluent English (for a change). I explain politely why I want to cancel my account because Amex has screwed me over. They always seem to magically solve my problem.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that late posting MQM Boosts will always post with a Dec 31st activity date no matter when they post in current year. You may have to load more activities several times to go back to 2023 activities in order to find it.

The email notifications have personalized links with a tracker tied to the email (it is not a direct link) which don't always work for some people. That is why people post the direct link here which should work even if the tracker link in the email does not -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 5, 2024 at 1:40 pm
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:20 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Even though my spend tracker was missing, I was able to select the boosts using the link around Jan 10th and was able to claim the MQM for the spend.

Originally Posted by xliioper
Note that late posting MQM Boosts will always post with a Dec 31st activity date no matter when they post in current year. You may have to load more activities several times to go back to 2023 activities in order to find it.

The email notifications have personalized links with a tracker tied to the email (it is not a direct link) which don't always work for some people. That is why people post the direct link here which should work even if the tracker link in the email does not -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.