Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta MQDs Already Tracking FAST for 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I logged into my wife's Delta account and was very, very surprised to see that she already had 8 MQDs for 2024. She hasn't flown, and her only qualifying Amex hasn't had a statement close this year.

I took at look at her Amex account and found an automatically renewing subscription hit on 1/1 for $80, resulting in the 8 MQDs.

This is incredibly fast compared to the agonizingly slow posting of MQD waivers from Amex spend in old times.

This is obviously still the old-style tracker, but it's accurate and I can only assume the charge finalized yesterday, so it's amazingly current.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
And only $49920 in spend till Silver

And to think I have spent about 6K on AA flights and already Plat Pro (AA Plat) in 3 mths. Attaining status is so much easier than chasing it.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GaryDD
And only $49920 in spend till Silver

And to think I have spent about 6K on AA flights and already Plat Pro (AA Plat) in 3 mths. Attaining status is so much easier than chasing it.
AA is most definitely the place for this type of spend. I'm mad that this company just charged me here without an email warning. But not a huge deal.

Can't wait to downgrade this Amex . . .
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Looking it up, I also have 8 MQDs. I guess that shows the rounding in system to some extent, albeit with limited data points. I've had other purchases too but my first charge to the DL AmEx was $78.77, which would yield 7.87 MQDs. If that rounded to 8 MQDs, maybe that's how the new system can be gamed. Make a bunch of $5.00 purchases - each purchase rounds up to 1 MQD. Factor in the 2500 MQD Head Start and thus needing needing 25,500 MQDs to hit DM, you could make $127,750 worth of purchases $5 at a time on a Reserve to get the MQDs for DM.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Looking it up, I also have 8 MQDs. I guess that shows the rounding in system to some extent, albeit with limited data points. I've had other purchases too but my first charge to the DL AmEx was $78.77, which would yield 7.87 MQDs. If that rounded to 8 MQDs, maybe that's how the new system can be gamed. Make a bunch of $5.00 purchases - each purchase rounds up to 1 MQD. Factor in the 2500 MQD Head Start and thus needing needing 25,500 MQDs to hit DM, you could make $127,750 worth of purchases $5 at a time on a Reserve to get the MQDs for DM.
That would be a lot of work!

Interesting that the spend posted before the headstart even, for both of us.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:18 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I’m seeing a line item in mine. My Plat’s monthly statement did close yesterday. I had one $49 charge on it on Jan 1, so I suppose dividing that by 20 and rounding up would equal the $3.

I hope the line items post monthly with the statement closing, otherwise it’ll get sort of annoying to track.

Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
My statement closed yesterday as well. I am showing $171 MQD pending. Not sure what it is for. I am guessing Jan 1 & 2 spending.
Kellygreen likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dracarys
My statement closed yesterday as well. I am showing $171 MQD pending. Not sure what it is for. I am guessing Jan 1 & 2 spending.
If you see "pending" I think that's meant to be the MQDs based on upcoming Delta reservations.
dw and busdriver11 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:02 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at Taco Bell for the year would take care of almost 3% of that
gretchendz and DrMilano like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GaryDD
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at Taco Bell for the year would take care of almost 3% of that
Except you would die before getting there
gretchendz, DrMilano and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:49 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
My account still shows a 2024 qualification tracker, and the only MQD listed is upcoming travel. It also shows me tracking for Gold, presumably from MM status.
vbjd1111 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paterwdb
My account still shows a 2024 qualification tracker, and the only MQD listed is upcoming travel. It also shows me tracking for Gold, presumably from MM status.
The new tracker for 2024 does not go live until tomorrow. The MQD posts are showing up in Recent Account Activity and Account Activity ledgers.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had 4 transactions and 1 merchant credit for 2024 totaling $317.80 in total spend (after subtracting out credit) and have had a single post for 32 MQDs. So they definitely can do some bundling of transactions in posts. Not really clear yet if they will always round up, or if they may round down as well so that it all evens out in the end. I wouldn't bother trying to audit individual MQD posts unless your Amex year-to-date spend (minus merchant credits) happens to be significantly off from year-to-date MQD Boost total posts.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by josephstern
If you see "pending" I think that's meant to be the MQDs based on upcoming Delta reservations.
You are correct! I went back in and it is pending for a flight in March.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
I've had 4 transactions and 1 merchant credit for 2024 totaling $317.80 in total spend (after subtracting out credit) and have had a single post for 32 MQDs. So they definitely can do some bundling of transactions in posts. Not really clear yet if they will always round up, or if they may round down as well so that it all evens out in the end. I wouldn't bother trying to audit individual MQD posts unless your Amex year-to-date spend (minus merchant credits) happens to be significantly off from year-to-date MQD Boost total posts.
Am in a similar boat. Several transactions, nothing in Recent Activity, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.