Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Restricting skyclub access to the proper terminal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

So I have a flight this evening out of the Atlanta E terminal. I look on the app and it says skyclubs in E & F are extremely busy but the A center concourse sky club is not busy at all. So I decide I will stop there and go out to E closer to my flight. (I got here incredibly early because my local media told me they were lines for check-in and they lied. &#128514

The woman monitoring the little kiosk told me I wasn’t allowed in because I had to go out to E. I told her that the app said E was extremely busy and I was staying here. Once again, she said you need to go E and I just looked at her. I just walked over towards the elevator and came upstairs and she didn’t stop me, but did I miss a change or was this just an overzealous employee?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I have a flight this evening out of the Atlanta E terminal. I look on the app and it says skyclubs in E & F are extremely busy but the A center concourse sky club is not busy at all. So I decide I will stop there and go out to E closer to my flight. (I got here incredibly early because my local media told me they were lines for check-in and they lied. &#128514

The woman monitoring the little kiosk told me I wasn’t allowed in because I had to go out to E. I told her that the app said E was extremely busy and I was staying here. Once again, she said you need to go E and I just looked at her. I just walked over towards the elevator and came upstairs and she didn’t stop me, but did I miss a change or was this just an overzealous employee?
Just an overzealous and uniformed agent. I had the opposite happen earlier in the year. Was departing out of A and saw it was busy. Went to E instead as it was not a peak international departure bank. First agent tried to deny me entrance insisting I had to use A where my flight was departing from. Once I politely pushed back the other agent at the desk apologized and allowed me in.

If for some reason this has changed I guess it’s the end of the SkyClub Crawl
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No you are not restricted to sing the club in the terminal/concourse that you are departing from. Its silly an agent would even try saying you can't go in and have to go to the different one. Gate changes happen a lot in ATL and been plenty of times my gate moved terminals there.

Nothing wrong with the agent just making you aware of your departure gate and saying there is a club over there, but shouldn't be trying to force it.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:08 pm

I live in ATL and use all of the ATL SC very frequently. This is news to me. And I also use the SCs frequently upon arrival at ATL in different concourses. Same with the grab’n’go in B. Never heard of this at all.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

I am so tired of these overzealous dragons literally gatekeeping. Screw Ed and his “premium airline”.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
My strategy in these kinds of instances is to just assume they were joking, give a slight chuckle, then just continue on. Very unlikely that any SC agent would act as a physical barrier to your entry.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
My strategy in these kinds of instances is to just assume they were joking, give a slight chuckle, then just continue on. Very unlikely that any SC agent would act as a physical barrier to your entry.
that is basically what I did. I just smiled and headed to the elevator
mbluecpa and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:10 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
How did the door person know you were leaving from a different terminal? Green light means go.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by emma dog
How did the door person know you were leaving from a different terminal? Green light means go.
Assuming OP interacted with a live agent they would normally look up the flight and tell the pax when and where the departure was.

I have often used a ATL SC that was not in the same concourse and never had an agent say I must/should use a different SC.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
I always have to go to an agent instead of using a kiosk or the handheld scanner at the Sky Club because of a missing initial on my Amex. One door agent in DTW wasn't having it early one morning. She said "we'll let it go this time" even though no one else has hassled me about it for the last seven years. And no one has hassled me since.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:33 am

Kiosk also doesn't work for me, was told due to JR missing from my AMEX account name (to match my Delta account). Had the JR added to AMEX, got new card, still doesn't work.

Flying domestic out of ATL on SAT, but usually go thru Intern'l terminal due to shorter TSA line, will be heading to the F lounge.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:37 am

I’ve had instances where they made sure I knew my flight was at a different concourse, but never been denied entry. I receive more push back when my flight is boarding soon.

Agent: “Umm, your flight is boarding in 5 minutes.”
Me: “Challenge accepted.”

I wonder if they will now make me go to the Grab and Go “clubs”?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Were you trying to enter the club ahead of the 3 hour mark? If yes then maybe the agent wrongly assumed you were not allowed entry because of the terminal difference. when agents don't know why something is happening they often make up a reason to sound official or informed.

ATL is always a mad house with clubs. I'm flying out from ATL today and at the 3 hour mark went to the club that was showing as "slightly busy" rather than the "extremely busy" at Term B club. F club had no issues letting me in and it was quite calm in between the INTL flight time banks.
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Assuming OP interacted with a live agent they would normally look up the flight and tell the pax when and where the departure was.
What’s a live agent? 😜 I haven’t checked in with one in ATL in years.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by emma dog
If you use a kiosk, the gate information pops up on the screen after the BP is scanned. If the concierge scans your BP, your flight information comes up on his/her screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.