Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long before upgrade to Comfort+ for Diamond Medallion ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

In the past it seemed that when a Diamond Medallion books a flight in Main Cabin, almost immediately after confirmation of the paymnet, they would get notice of an upgrade to Comfort+. Is this still the case?

Just wondering since I booked a flight for January in main cabin a few hours ago. After getting confirmation for the purchase, I was able to select seats in Comfort+ (free, no charge), after saving and exiting seat selection, it doesn't confirm the selection (gives me a message saying the seat is not available and to try again later.) However, if I select a seat in Main Cabin, my seat is confirmed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Should be immediate. I'd give it a try tomorrow. I'd also try different methods (app, different browser, etc.)
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:32 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Should be immediate. I'd give it a try tomorrow. I'd also try different methods (app, different browser, etc.)
I am on a run tomorrow and I am still in main cabin
DL app shows 1 F class available and 2 comfort plus but seat selection does not offer any choices
The app also shows both upgrades to F and Comfort Plus are requested.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
I am on a run tomorrow and I am still in main cabin
DL app shows 1 F class available and 2 comfort plus but seat selection does not offer any choices
The app also shows both upgrades to F and Comfort Plus are requested.

There are always 2 C+ reserved for the gate to accommodate disabled, etc. These are not eligible for upgrade in advance. Only gate upgrades.
DLASflyer, dw and Adam1222 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:49 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
There are always 2 C+ reserved for the gate to accommodate disabled, etc. These are not eligible for upgrade in advance. Only gate upgrades.
That explains the 2 seats in the first row of comfort plus that are marked off.
Let me hope for the 1 F class upgrade at least to jump over the C+
Old Dec 23, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
In the past it seemed that when a Diamond Medallion books a flight in Main Cabin, almost immediately after confirmation of the paymnet, they would get notice of an upgrade to Comfort+. Is this still the case?

Just wondering since I booked a flight for January in main cabin a few hours ago. After getting confirmation for the purchase, I was able to select seats in Comfort+ (free, no charge), after saving and exiting seat selection, it doesn't confirm the selection (gives me a message saying the seat is not available and to try again later.) However, if I select a seat in Main Cabin, my seat is confirmed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
it may mean that the ticket did not get issued right away. Check back every once in a while and it will get ticketed and you should be able to choose a seat if they are available
ijgordon and Spiff like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:11 pm

For the OP's issue (not ffl's, so assuming there are C+ seats available for assignment) I often find that the first time I try to select seats I get that error message. I then have to re-do the selection immediately and the second time it always works. I've always just chalked it up to one of the multitudinous IP glitches that afflict Delta.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Night Flyer
For the OP's issue (not ffl's, so assuming there are C+ seats available for assignment) I often find that the first time I try to select seats I get that error message. I then have to re-do the selection immediately and the second time it always works. I've always just chalked it up to one of the multitudinous IP glitches that afflict Delta.
No, I am still not able to confirm seats in Comfort+. There are plenty of seats available (more than 50% of the Comfort+ seats are available in each of the three flights.) I have tried several times. Tried various browsers and then the app. Booking reference and ticket # issued. Shows that I have requested upgrades to Comfort+ and First.

Maybe tomorrow, things will be fixed.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sometimes I've seen that the system gets 'stuck' and I have to un-check the upgrade requests and go back in and re-check them for C+/F and then it'll decide to process the C+ 'upgrade'.
mnbp likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
all the above, plus Schedule Change Saturday messing with the system
dw and beachmouse like this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 6:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
all the above, plus Schedule Change Saturday messing with the system
That was my first guess. Seat maps and the ability to select seats can get a little weird when a flight is part of the schedule change update.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
No, I am still not able to confirm seats in Comfort+. There are plenty of seats available (more than 50% of the Comfort+ seats are available in each of the three flights.) I have tried several times. Tried various browsers and then the app. Booking reference and ticket # issued. Shows that I have requested upgrades to Comfort+ and First.

Maybe tomorrow, things will be fixed.

well, there’s this other option that I know people no longer like to use but I find it works really well in a case like this. Call. The agents can generally fix things for you.

notice I said call. If you think that you’ll be good and use chat, don’t be surprised when you discover you no longer have any flight at all because they thought you wanted to cancel not fix something and so they canceled it for you and then they hang up
rcsgeorgia likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
well, there’s this other option that I know people no longer like to use but I find it works really well in a case like this. Call. The agents can generally fix things for you.

notice I said call. If you think that you’ll be good and use chat, don’t be surprised when you discover you no longer have any flight at all because they thought you wanted to cancel not fix something and so they canceled it for you and then they hang up
Just an update ...... Delta help desk is not able to put me into Comfort+ either (seeing the same error message as me when trying to confirm seats.). They have tried several things including resetting upgrade preferences but nothing has worked so far.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It should show you in SU class after upgrade has cleared. If it's still showing you as having a coach class on flight, then upgrade sounds like it has not actually processed yet for some reason. Comp upgrades to FC clear into OU class.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
It should show you in SU class after upgrade has cleared. If it's still showing you as having a coach class on flight, then upgrade sounds like it has not actually processed yet for some reason. Comp upgrades to FC clear into OU class.
It is solved now. They had to reissue the ticket.

Thanks all.

Merry Christmas.
Spiff and TheHorta like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.