Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta LAX, LGA and JFK quicker way to move through the airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold

Delta customers in LAX, LGA and JFK now have a quicker way to move through the airport – just in time for holiday travel.
https://news.delta.com/delta-expands...ort-experience
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:41 pm

Clear has gotten absurd in the last few months. I've been opting for Digital ID at DTW and ATL, and am glad to see it expanding.

We'll see if Clear's new technology coming in 2024 will be worth anything or not.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Anything to get me through JFK faster is worth it! I have several flights going through there next year.🤞
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
When this first rolled out there were data points that it didn’t work on itineraries with more than one person, even if all passengers were eligible and opted in. Any more recent data points on this?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dw
When this first rolled out there were data points that it didn’t work on itineraries with more than one person, even if all passengers were eligible and opted in. Any more recent data points on this?
I personally travel alone and I hope it works by next year. 🤞
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Didn’t LGA have this for a short time, as I opted in, but the system didn’t work.

For some reason I foresee TSA still requiring a physical form of ID, as government agencies are very slow to adapt to change.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Clear has gotten absurd in the last few months. I've been opting for Digital ID at DTW and ATL, and am glad to see it expanding.

We'll see if Clear's new technology coming in 2024 will be worth anything or not.
I flew out of LGA last week and tried to get registered for the new facial recognition technology and it was not working. They were having trouble getting images because of the glare from the sun and the document scanner wouldn’t take my real ID or passport. “Try to get signed up next time.”
Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prιfιrence
While not related to Delta's operations, the CBP Global Entry situation at JFK T4 worked extremely well for me twice in the past four weeks, coming back to the USA from LHR and MXP. I went up to a kiosk, which took my picture and didn't ask any of the usual immigration or customs questions. Then I walked up to the CBP officer, who addressed me by my first name; I smiled at him and said "that's me", and he waved me through. No need to show my passport to him.

After exiting customs and visiting the Delta bag drop, I went to CLEAR at the neighboring security checkpoint. The CLEAR "ambassador" who helped me get my information updated with the CLEAR system was a nice guy but it took him maybe 10 minutes to do what they needed to do to update my information to "CLEAR +"/ Hopefully this will end the random ID checks that make you wonder why you ever signed up for CLEAR in the first place. Actually, CLEAR has its moments, when, for example, the Pre-Check line has 50 or more people in it, which is frequently the case at 5 am in CLE.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ND76
While not related to Delta's operations, the CBP Global Entry situation at JFK T4 worked extremely well for me twice in the past four weeks, coming back to the USA from LHR and MXP. I went up to a kiosk, which took my picture and didn't ask any of the usual immigration or customs questions. Then I walked up to the CBP officer, who addressed me by my first name; I smiled at him and said "that's me", and he waved me through. No need to show my passport to him.

After exiting customs and visiting the Delta bag drop, I went to CLEAR at the neighboring security checkpoint. The CLEAR "ambassador" who helped me get my information updated with the CLEAR system was a nice guy but it took him maybe 10 minutes to do what they needed to do to update my information to "CLEAR +"/ Hopefully this will end the random ID checks that make you wonder why you ever signed up for CLEAR in the first place. Actually, CLEAR has its moments, when, for example, the Pre-Check line has 50 or more people in it, which is frequently the case at 5 am in CLE.
It took me 45 min at JFK last Tuesday morning to get updated for clear +. For some reason, the system said my drivers license and phone number didn’t match up. Neither has changed in years (and my phone received a security code they sent while I was standing there). The man helping me (who identified himself as the supervisor), called clear for assistance 4 times; the first three calls he made were at some point disconnected. I was told that there no way to fix this, so they “reset” my profile using my passport instead of my drivers license.

I found the whole thing bizarre, and didn’t inspire confidence in clear.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by dw
At least for the TSA part, it worked in ATL for me at Thanksgiving.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Didn’t LGA have this for a short time, as I opted in, but the system didn’t work.

For some reason I foresee TSA still requiring a physical form of ID, as government agencies are very slow to adapt to change.
They don’t in ATL when you use the lane.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Tried to use it at LGA today and the DL line guardian barked at me that I had to have signed up/enabled it before my flight, even though I have relevant passport info and all other stuff saved to my profile when I tried to use the DID lane. Guess I need to revisit delta.dumb and see if I have missed an opt in somewhere.

Oh well. The typical LGA TSA cluster ate up any time to go to the lounge and an easy out to not pay the $50 guest fee for my +1.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Tried to use it at LGA today and the DL line guardian barked at me that I had to have signed up/enabled it before my flight, even though I have relevant passport info and all other stuff saved to my profile when I tried to use the DID lane. Guess I need to revisit delta.dumb and see if I have missed an opt in somewhere.
Apparently there needs to be some green indicator on your boarding pass for access.

Was your +1 on the same PNR? There were some reports earlier that it never worked when there was more than one person on the PNR.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
Was your +1 on the same PNR? There were some reports earlier that it never worked when there was more than one person on the PNR.
She was... interesting. I hadn't paid much attention to DID previously since I almost never originate at ATL/DTW, the only two airports it worked at to my knowledge (prior to this announcement).
Old Dec 16, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Tried to use it at LGA today and the DL line guardian barked at me that I had to have signed up/enabled it before my flight, even though I have relevant passport info and all other stuff saved to my profile when I tried to use the DID lane. Guess I need to revisit delta.dumb and see if I have missed an opt in somewhere..
Yes, there is an DID “Opt-in” flag in the Secure Flight Data section of your profile that needs to be checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.