Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending credits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Extending credits

I had about one $555 credit left with Delta, seems to have been extended beyond one year due to COVID. Don’t really want to fly Delta, want to later in the next year. I used the credit to buy 2 upcoming flights, one fully paid by credit, the other mostly paid by remainder plus a few bucks on cc. I’m considering canceling and rebooking to try and extend the exp date.

Reading an OMAAT article today he stated you only have to book the credit by the exp date. But I think maybe the fact these were already extended would mean no, I have to take the flights before end of month, not just book by then. He also suggested can book a ticket that’s just over the amount of the voucher and then cancel the flight extending the value one year(of course I’d have to cancel the currently booked flight to create an e-credit).

This all seems way too customer friendly for an airline am I misreading this blog post?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I had about one $555 credit left with Delta, seems to have been extended beyond one year due to COVID. Don’t really want to fly Delta, want to later in the next year. I used the credit to buy 2 upcoming flights, one fully paid by credit, the other mostly paid by remainder plus a few bucks on cc. I’m considering canceling and rebooking to try and extend the exp date.

Reading an OMAAT article today he stated you only have to book the credit by the exp date. But I think maybe the fact these were already extended would mean no, I have to take the flights before end of month, not just book by then. He also suggested can book a ticket that’s just over the amount of the voucher and then cancel the flight extending the value one year(of course I’d have to cancel the currently booked flight to create an e-credit).

This all seems way too customer friendly for an airline am I misreading this blog post?
Any existing credits only need to be booked by expiration date and are good for travel through 2024 (or end of schedule, whichever is first) due to Delta credit extension earlier this year. In normal times, you would need to both book and fly by ticket expiration date. But simply booking flights beyond the expiration date won't extend the booking window.
Mr. Tickets likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.