Wiki Posts
Search

New 2024 Choice Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
New 2024 Choice Benefits

Are there any new Skymiles Choice benefits which will be announced this month?

RC
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
2024 Choice Benefits were announced back in October. Is Fast Eddie supposed to make an additional announcement this month?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
SKYMILES SAID THEY WERE GOING TO ANNOUNCE NEW choice benefits

Originally Posted by hockeystl
2024 Choice Benefits were announced back in October. Is Fast Eddie supposed to make an additional announcement this month?
As i undertstand, Skymiles announced there werre going to be new choice benefits but they were going to announce them later, I haqvent heard what these new choice benefits are.

RC
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Radiocycle
As i undertstand, Skymiles announced there werre going to be new choice benefits but they were going to announce them later, I haqvent heard what these new choice benefits are.

RC
They were all announced as part of September update -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rogram-updates
There is nothing else coming.

Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
They were all announced as part of September update -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rogram-updates
There is nothing else coming.

Where are the RUC/GUCs??
Old Dec 11, 2023, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Where are the RUC/GUCs??
I think these were just the changes. Everything else remains the same. You'll still be able to get Starbucks rewards.
RFDMinnesota and busdriver11 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by josephstern
I think these were just the changes. Everything else remains the same. You'll still be able to get Starbucks rewards.
And don't forget you can donate something like $250 towards sustainable aviation fuel via choice benefit.

Still don't understand the logic on that one. I mean who really wants to use a choice benefit to pay DL's fuel bill for them?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
The full list of choice benefits for 2024 and 2023 are on the website now. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
The full list of choice benefits for 2024 and 2023 are on the website now. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
When selecting a 2024 Choice Benefit, is there any strategic advantage to doing so before the end of December, 2023 versus waiting to January or even February of 2024?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
When selecting a 2024 Choice Benefit, is there any strategic advantage to doing so before the end of December, 2023 versus waiting to January or even February of 2024?
Not really anymore. If you are selecting Sky Club membership or gifting GM/FO status, than arguably you want to do that as early as possible.

About the only ones that potentially are worth delaying to select are the RUC/GUC, if you are in a situation where you don’t know if you will actually use them or not, and thus are in a wait and see situation.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kavok
Not really anymore. If you are selecting Sky Club membership or gifting GM/FO status, than arguably you want to do that as early as possible.

About the only ones that potentially are worth delaying to select are the RUC/GUC, if you are in a situation where you don’t know if you will actually use them or not, and thus are in a wait and see situation.
RUC/GUC 2024 Choice Benefits will expire on Jan 31, 2025 no matter when you choose them. So there isn't really a downside in choosing them early as they are no longer good until 1 year from day of selection.
indufan, SUPERTRAVEL and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by xliioper
RUC/GUC 2024 Choice Benefits will expire on Jan 31, 2025 no matter when you choose them. So there isn't really a downside in choosing them early as they are no longer good until 1 year from day of selection.
But there is still the issue of deciding what you want. I still haven't made my selection for this year.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Very important NOT to select RUCs or GUCs as part of your 2023 selections unless you have an immediate need for them before February 1, 2024.
pbjag likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I just looked at the Delta website for the 2024 choices for DMs. DL doesn't offer an individual membership as a choice benefit. Instead it offers an Executive Membership which costs all three of one's benefits.

The 4 GUCs are a lot more valuable than the SC exec membership.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76
I just looked at the Delta website for the 2024 choices for DMs. DL doesn't offer an individual membership as a choice benefit. Instead it offers an Executive Membership which costs all three of one's benefits.

The 4 GUCs are a lot more valuable than the SC exec membership.
The new Choice benefit options are 2025 Choice Benefits (available to those who earn status during 2024 calendar year). They did not make them retroactively available as 2024 Choice Benefits which were announced at the end of last year and are available to those who earn status during 2023 calendar year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.