Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The earliest I can check in at Santiago, Chile, and LATAM lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2023, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I know chances are Delta’s counter won't open until three hours prior to departure. Is it possible to check in earlier so that I can go through exit control and security earlier in order to get more time at the lounge?

As a Diamond flying in Main Cabin (DL146), what's the best LATAM lounge that I can access? Signature lounge?

Is there a major difference between LATAM’s signature and premium lounges?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: Skyteam
usually 4 hours before.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Last time I was at SCL the Delta counter opened 4 hours before departure. That was 2019 though.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skchin
usually 4 hours before.
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Last time I was at SCL the Delta counter opened 4 hours before departure. That was 2019 though.
That’s really good news. The lineups at exit control and security can be quite long in the evening!

Do you guys know what my lounge situation will be like?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
In 2019 Delta had an actual SkyClub at SCL, which is what I used - LATAM was still in oneworld. So I'm sure things are different now.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
This page indicates that DM has access to the Signature lounge regardless of cabin; this is consistent with my experience several months ago. (It was a great lounge).
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
In 2019 Delta had an actual SkyClub at SCL, which is what I used - LATAM was still in oneworld. So I'm sure things are different now.
What happened to the SCL SC?

Originally Posted by speede racer
This page indicates that DM has access to the Signature lounge regardless of cabin; this is consistent with my experience several months ago. (It was a great lounge).
​​​​​​​DL Gold can access the Premium lounge regardless of cabin?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
I recently was a PM on a PS ticket...was directed to the Signature Lounge. It was amazing - probably my favorite of all the ones I've been to recently (Skyclubs, AF Lounges, etc)

Note: for those who haven't been there recently/ever - its a hike to the Delta gates from the LATAM lounge. It's worth it...but don't cut it close leaving the lounge. I'd say it's at least as long as a full ATL concourse walk from one end to the other or all of JFK T4 for example.
lsquare and SensFan like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
SCL Airport Advice

The LATAM Signature lounge is probably the best lounge anywhere of any Skyteam airline. There is another, but basic, LATAM lounge in the domestic terminal. There is also a crappy Skyteam lounge in the international terminal.

I flew out of SCL on Delta in June, 2023. The Delta check-in counter opened up closer to three hours before departure, so the exact time may vary.

I few SCL to MEX twice this week on AeroMexico. I have this warning to anyone departing on any international flight from SCL: It takes a full hour to clear exit immigration between security and the check-in gates. This will take away from any lounge time. People who cut it too close can and do miss their flights, let alone have time for the lounge. There is no premium, elite, and biz-class short-cut through exit immigration or security. There is a short-cut line for wheelchairs or infants.

Regardless of when Delta's check-in counter actually opens up, I would plan on arriving at the airport four hours prior to departure.

I am happy with AeroMexico's reliability and in-cabin service overall. However, they use the crappy Skyteam lounge that is near their departure gate. I would not put it past Delta to switch their Delta One customers to the Skyteam lounge from the nice LATAM lounge in the future.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by Bowgie; Dec 6, 2023 at 6:26 pm
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie
The LATAM Signature lounge is probably the best lounge anywhere of any Skyteam airline. There is another, but basic, LATAM lounge in the domestic terminal. There is also a crappy Skyteam lounge in the international terminal.

I flew out of SCL on Delta in June, 2023. The Delta check-in counter opened up closer to three hours before departure, so the exact time may vary.
Is there any way to spend more time at the lounge or I have to wait for the Delta counter to open? I have no checked luggage. Just a carry-on!

I few SCL to MEX twice this week on AeroMexico. I have this warning to anyone departing on any international flight from SCL: It takes a full hour to clear exit immigration between security and the check-in gates. This will take away from any lounge time. People who cut it too close can and do miss their flights, let alone have time for the lounge. There is no premium, elite, and biz-class short-cut through exit immigration or security. There is a short-cut line for wheelchairs or infants.

Regardless of when Delta's check-in counter actually opens up, I would plan on arriving at the airport four hours prior to departure.

I am happy with AeroMexico's reliability and in-cabin service overall. However, they use the crappy Skyteam lounge that is near their departure gate. I would not put it past Delta to switch their Delta One customers to the Skyteam lounge from the nice LATAM lounge in the future.
It's true so that's why I want to get there sooner to enjoy the lounge!
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you are able to check in online and get your boarding pass that way you could proceed to security... but not sure if the DL app allows that at SCL.
Or see if there is a self serve check in kiosk that has DL on the list? I remember during a trip to EZE I eventually found one of those self serve kiosks that had DL as a check in option and was able to get my boarding pass hours before the DL check was open... so maybe they exist in SCL somewhere too.

Its unfortunate that the feedback on the skyteam lounge in SCL is not good, especially since DL touted that as being a big improvement when they closed the skyclub there. Sounds like the Latam signature lounge is the way to go.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
If you are able to check in online and get your boarding pass that way you could proceed to security... but not sure if the DL app allows that at SCL.
Or see if there is a self serve check in kiosk that has DL on the list? I remember during a trip to EZE I eventually found one of those self serve kiosks that had DL as a check in option and was able to get my boarding pass hours before the DL check was open... so maybe they exist in SCL somewhere too.

Its unfortunate that the feedback on the skyteam lounge in SCL is not good, especially since DL touted that as being a big improvement when they closed the skyclub there. Sounds like the Latam signature lounge is the way to go.
I guess I’ll have to check tomorrow. I'm guessing a digital boarding pass won't suffice?

Edit: I can't do an online check-in via DL’s app. It’s telling me government regulation requires me to do it in person. 🤨😡
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM

Definitely arrive early to enjoy the lounge. I was there in September and it’s by far the best lounge I’ve been to with a great selection of food/wine/beer/drinks and plenty of seating.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tubesoxs

Definitely arrive early to enjoy the lounge. I was there in September and it’s by far the best lounge I’ve been to with a great selection of food/wine/beer/drinks and plenty of seating.
Yes, but I'm limited by Delta since the consensus here is that their counter won't open until 3-4 hours before departure. Any other way to get in there earlier?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sounds like you're stuck if you can't check in via the app. Only other option is if you find a self check in kiosk, but it sounds like you probably have to go to an agent. Assume if you try to check in via the full website you get the same notice?
Also make sure your fly-ready info is completed online for the return as that can prevent being able to check in online/app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.