Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Need help resolving mileage earning issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite

I recently bought a very expensive one-way ticket from LHR to JFK on the Delta app. The flight was operated by Virgin, but it was a Delta-marketed ticket and 006 ticket stock.

Roughly a week after the flight, I still have not received credit for the miles/MQMs/etc. I called in today to get this resolved, and was told the flight had been submitted to Virgin for credit and they were “still waiting to hear back.” I was also told that on their side this is showing as a VS marketed ticket and will earn as per the partner award chart.

I have the receipt, showing this was DL marketed. The nearly $8,000 charge on my credit card was to “DELTA.COM.” I still have the paper boarding pass that shows a DL flight number and 006 ticket stock. Yet the 3 DL reps I’ve spoken to say there is “nothing they can do.”

Is there any advice on how to get this resolved satisfactorily? My rough estimate is that I am owed about 70K RDMs for this flight, and they would come in handy right now. Getting the MQDs correct could also put me in the running for 360 (less important to me than the RDMs, but still).

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
I flew a much more modest segment JFK-LHR and it did not post, also Delta marketed on Virgin Atlantic. Calling one, two, and three weeks after travel got me about as far as you have. Basically giving up, I submitted, while logged in, a 'comment / complaint' https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-hel...ComplaintsForm and within an hour had received a call-back and either miraculously or coincidentally had the miles posted in my account. Best of luck.
acrophobia likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2.3MM, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by acrophobia
I recently bought a very expensive one-way ticket from LHR to JFK on the Delta app. The flight was operated by Virgin, but it was a Delta-marketed ticket and 006 ticket stock.

Roughly a week after the flight, I still have not received credit for the miles/MQMs/etc. I called in today to get this resolved, and was told the flight had been submitted to Virgin for credit and they were “still waiting to hear back.” I was also told that on their side this is showing as a VS marketed ticket and will earn as per the partner award chart.

I have the receipt, showing this was DL marketed. The nearly $8,000 charge on my credit card was to “DELTA.COM.” I still have the paper boarding pass that shows a DL flight number and 006 ticket stock. Yet the 3 DL reps I’ve spoken to say there is “nothing they can do.”

Is there any advice on how to get this resolved satisfactorily? My rough estimate is that I am owed about 70K RDMs for this flight, and they would come in handy right now. Getting the MQDs correct also could also put me in the running for 360 (less important to me than the RDMs, but still).

Thanks.
You might actually earn more MQDs/MQMs/RDMs if it had been VS marketed, as everything awarded is as a % of the distance flown. Interesting that you think that ~ 70K RDMs are more important than the MQDs which “could put me in the running for 360”!

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners

Last edited by audidudi; Nov 21, 2023 at 4:03 pm
Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
You might actually earn more MQDs/MQMs/RDMs if it had been VS marketed, as everything awarded is as a % of the distance flown. Interesting that you think that RDMs are more important than the MQDs to be in the running for 360!

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners
I’m aware of the rules, but on an almost $8k one-way ticket, I’m definitely better off getting properly credited for a DL marketed ticket. A couple weeks back I was on a roughly $6k one-way BOM-LHR VS-marketed flight that netted me only about 1800 MQDs and a similarly meager number of RDMs.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2.3MM, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I’m aware of the rules, but on an almost $8k one-way ticket, I’m definitely better off getting properly credited for a DL marketed ticket. A couple weeks back I was on a roughly $6k one-way BOM-LHR VS-marketed flight that netted me only about 1800 MQDs and a similarly meager number of RDMs.
$1,800 MQDs awarded at 40% of the distance flown, assuming you flew UC? Something doesn’t add up here!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Maybe there is a DL lurker here - 82k RDMs just posted to my account for this flight. Thanks for the input above.
speede racer likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Maybe there is a DL lurker here - 82k RDMs just posted to my account for this flight. Thanks for the input above.
Great news!! Thanks for the update.
As this has been resolved I am closing the thread
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.