Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Go for Diamond, or rollover miles to MQD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2023, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

I know Diamond MQDs are a stretch for me - one way I could get the MQD is to try to generate an international business trip in December. But even so, isn’t it worth more to start 2024 with 4K to 5K MQD via the rollover conversion? Would help for Diamond for 2025…
Old Nov 11, 2023, 11:28 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Given that the ranks will remain bloated next year, why bother?
Old Nov 11, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I think the DM choice benefits are worth more than $4k MQDs. But only you know what your travel plans are next year, so if it's between making DM this year and PM next year, compared to making PM this year and DM next year, I would probably pick next year, especially if there's a possibility you may hit DM by October since you'll get a couple extra months of DM doing it that way.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by emma dog
Given that the ranks will remain bloated next year, why bother?
I agree with you and since MM status will be the #3 metric for domestic upgrades starting 1/01/25 (I don’t believe that OP is a MM), there will certainly be at least one DM/MM who will get the 1 remaining upgrade if it’s even available. Wasted effort for OP to strive for DM.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrMilano
I agree with you and since MM status will be the #3 metric for domestic upgrades starting 1/01/25 (I don’t believe that OP is a MM), there will certainly be at least one DM/MM who will get the 1 remaining upgrade if it’s even available. Wasted effort for OP to strive for DM.
Yep. This is actually the reason I’m not trying to become DM… I’ll hit it by spend by October next year, but I expect absolutely nothing for hitting the tier as an ATL flyer. Im only at 400k miles on DL.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 9:05 pm

What does it look like for you next year, when you add everything up? Meaning the 4-5K MQDs you’ll get from the rollover MQM conversion, predicted MQDs from flights, 2.5K per Delta card, and how much spend you have (hopefully on a Reserve card)?

Personally, I’d just put a bunch of spend on a Reserve card, do that business trip next year, and make DM for whatever is left of 2024, and 2025 also. More bang for your buck, I think.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 1:08 pm
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Originally Posted by DrMilano
I think you meant starting 1/01/24

Who doesn’t love an upgrade? We have refreshed our Complimentary Upgrade priority for 2024, which includes Million Miler Status moving up in the hierarchy for complimentary upgrades to the #3 priority position.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.