Wiki Posts
Search

Who gets MQMs on award travel?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM/3MM
Who gets MQMs on award travel?

My wife needs about 2000 MQMs to get to 425,000. If she redeems 20,000 miles from her account for an award ticket, does she get the MQMs if I fly the trip, or does she need to fly herself? Thanks in advance
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
My wife needs about 2000 MQMs to get to 425,000. If she redeems 20,000 miles from her account for an award ticket, does she get the MQMs if I fly the trip, or does she need to fly herself? Thanks in advance
The flyer gets the MQMs. She needs to fly regardless of how the ticket is purchased (cash or miles)
busdriver11 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cre95
The flyer gets the MQMs. She needs to fly regardless of how the ticket is purchased (cash or miles)
Thank you, appreciate the information.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:21 pm

Or get one of your minor kids (daughter) to fly as her on a domestic flight with you. Remove her ff number then add it back after the trip.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Or get one of your minor kids (daughter) to fly as her on a domestic flight with you. Remove her ff number then add it back after the trip.
Are you advocating a criminal offense? I won't even ask how.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by indufan
Are you advocating a criminal offense? I won't even ask how.
Breach of contract possibly. But certainly not a criminal offense. Done this many times. Never had a problem as no ID is ever required to board a domestic flight.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Putting aside the legality, that's child abuse. You would send your own (minor) daughter alone on a flight just to earn some status points. Shame on you.
Mr. Tickets and busdriver11 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Putting aside the legality, that's child abuse. You would send your own (minor) daughter alone on a flight just to earn some status points. Shame on you.
No silly I always go with her. Very often over the years spouse and I have been 1-3 flights short on MQMs or segments so we’ve gone on some domestic mileage runs together with various kids between Xmas and new years when one of us couldn’t make it. TSA never asks kids for ID and we all have unisex and/or junior in our names. In the days of ecredit expiry a kid would always use up our expiring vouchers. Or we would switch kids traveling at the last minute. Several times we’ve even volunteered on Xmas eve and gotten huge VDBs. Gate agents have never once said boo.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Nov 7, 2023 at 7:39 am
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
No silly I always go with her. Very often over the years spouse and I have been 1-3 flights short on MQMs or segments so we’ve gone on some domestic mileage runs together with various kids between Xmas and new years when one of us couldn’t make it. TSA never asks kids for ID and we all have unisex and/or junior in our names. In the days of ecredit expiry a kid would always use up our expiring vouchers. Or we would switch kids traveling at the last minute. Several times we’ve even volunteered on Xmas eve and gotten huge VDBs. Gate agents have never once said boo.
Still wrong pretending to be someone else but your kids will grow up thinking it's okay.

I find troubling you would openly advocate for someone going down this path using children as travel mules.
cre95 and busdriver11 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Still wrong pretending to be someone else but your kids will grow up thinking it's okay.

I find troubling you would openly advocate for someone going down this path using children as travel mules.
I think about what you want to teach your kids. Looking at the definition of morality.

Morality: Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

Last edited by cre95; Nov 7, 2023 at 8:18 am
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This thread sure took a turn off the reservation. IBTL
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
also, make sure it's not ticketed as Basic Economy. Basic economy earns zero MQM.

Jiburi
Old Nov 7, 2023, 10:14 am

Breach of contract possibly. But certainly not a criminal offense. Done this many times. Never had a problem as no ID is ever required to board a domestic flight.

well, when you lose your Delta, frequent fire miles remember the rules didn’t apply to you because you were special

When your kids lie to you, remember who trained them on these great skills😂
cre95 and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiburi
also, make sure it's not ticketed as Basic Economy. Basic economy earns zero MQM.

Jiburi
I was unaware of that, thank you for letting me know.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 10:29 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Locking thread
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.