Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wine on international flight in Coach class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2023, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Sort of a weird question, but does Delta serve small wine bottles or pour from a standard size bottle in a glass? How about spirits / hard liquor?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Wine comes in a can. Spirits are mini single shot bottles. Plastic cups optional.
sunrise and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
International flights Main cabin/Comfort. Wine is served from magnum wine bottles into plastic single pour cups. Ask for a double if you're thirsty. Liquor is served via mini liquor bottles with ice/mixer per request.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:12 am

As you can see by above answers, your experience may be based on what happens at catering at your departing airport
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:20 am

I flew Mexicana airlines in the mid 90s LAX-PVR and the attendants had open liquor bottles on the cart and mixed your drink right in front of you. Miss those days.
lindros2 and sunrise like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by pfreet
I flew Mexicana airlines in the mid 90s LAX-PVR and the attendants had open liquor bottles on the cart and mixed your drink right in front of you. Miss those days.
This is still how AeroMexico does it
sunrise likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Still like that on some Asian carriers; my issue with that is I often get a tiny pour (less than a mini’s worth).
sunrise likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dw
I often get a tiny pour (less than a mini’s worth).
That's definitely not the case in Aeromexico hahaha. Once they gave me half a cup of gin and a can of tonic.
sunrise, strickerj and Firstboss like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mridley2
International flights Main cabin/Comfort. Wine is served from magnum wine bottles into plastic single pour cups. Ask for a double if you're thirsty. Liquor is served via mini liquor bottles with ice/mixer per request.
Ah.... so no scope of taking a couple of small wine bottles out of the plane?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by sunrise
IT's an airplane... not a liquor store No, they don't have to supply you hotel room LOL!
moondog likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by sunrise
unlikely... technically what you are trying to do is illegal but i'm sure many poeple do it all the time. just be discreet if you have the opportunity.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was on a KLM flight AMS-IAD a few years ago where they poured hard liquor from full-sized bottles in Y.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
IT's an airplane... not a liquor store No, they don't have to supply you hotel room LOL!
And yet, on a CVG-FCO flight 20 years ago, the wonderful Delta FA who served me in the forward cabin (can't remember if it was called Business Elite at the time) gave me a bottle of the red wine I had been enjoying on the flight. Another time, on a VS flight LHR-JFK before the pandemic, I was sitting at the bar in the back of J enjoying a couple of bourbons and the FA gave me the bottle (which was full except for the two shots he poured me).

In the real good old days, the 80s and 90s, the FAs would almost always give F passengers two miniatures "for the road". My sister-in-law's husband, who doesn't drink, stocked his liquor closet at his home for his guests who took a drink with lots of miniatures from Delta.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by ND76
And yet, on a CVG-FCO flight 20 years ago, the wonderful Delta FA who served me in the forward cabin (can't remember if it was called Business Elite at the time) gave me a bottle of the red wine I had been enjoying on the flight. Another time, on a VS flight LHR-JFK before the pandemic, I was sitting at the bar in the back of J enjoying a couple of bourbons and the FA gave me the bottle (which was full except for the two shots he poured me).

In the real good old days, the 80s and 90s, the FAs would almost always give F passengers two miniatures "for the road". My sister-in-law's husband, who doesn't drink, stocked his liquor closet at his home for his guests who took a drink with lots of miniatures from Delta.
Last year on AF CDG-BCN, the nice FA gave me a 750ml bottle of champagne. We had talked quite a bit on the short flight.
matchbox20_is likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: Delta, United
I have been served wine in small mini bottle, from a box, and a large bottle. The latter two into a basic plastic cup. Spirts have most always been a mini bottle in coach. Up front they tend to mix the drink. I prefer to mix my own.
Synapseturquoise likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.