Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rushed service and single tray

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Rushed service and single tray

Flew JFK to SFO in Delta One earlier this month. This is a nearly six hour flight. Warm nuts were served and quite literally less than five minutes later came the tray with appetizer, salad (laughably small) and the main course. Of course was not done eating the nuts. Is it simply laziness of the flight crew to sling out all the food at once? What ever happened to serving things in courses: cocktail with nuts; then appetizer and salad; then main course? Truly this is low rent stuff to basically bring everything all at once.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:54 pm

Delta One domestic has been a joke since the pandemic - I doubt we see it return to the service it's "sold as" anytime soon
ACCDraw, IndyHoosier and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:58 pm

Earlier this year I was in D1 from Bogota to JFK. Everything was served on a single tray including the drink and this was all done almost an hour and a half into the flight (no turbulence). This is a red eye flight so I guess the lazy crew was waiting for people to fall asleep. Also no slippers were provided.
JesseRohr likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:20 pm

This is the new standard for D1 .... Don't expect much more no matter where you fly. It's not limited to "domestic" I have had three international D1 flights this year. Pretty much the standard
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hartfordsam
Earlier this year I was in D1 from Bogota to JFK. Everything was served on a single tray including the drink and this was all done almost an hour and a half into the flight (no turbulence). This is a red eye flight so I guess the lazy crew was waiting for people to fall asleep. Also no slippers were provided.
Was it D1 or F? BOG has primarily been F service (even on widebodies).
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Was it D1 or F? BOG has primarily been F service (even on widebodies).
I always go to BOG during winter and it has always been D1/767-300. Same for my trip next Sunday
Old Oct 31, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
This is the new standard for D1 .... Don't expect much more no matter where you fly. It's not limited to "domestic" I have had three international D1 flights this year. Pretty much the standard
A friend travel on delta in D1 to Asia, and then continued to Australia on an Asian carrier. He said the service isn't even comparable! Food choices, personal service by the flight attendants – – everything was far superior on the Asian carrier. As soon as the meal service ended, which was rushed, my friend indicated that, the lights went out and you hardly saw a flight attendant again until the second service.

sad!
ACCDraw, IndyHoosier and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:38 pm

Flew in D1 JFK to AMS in June of this year. Return was on KLM. The difference in overall experience was significant. KLM was far superior in service, food & beverage etc
Old Oct 31, 2023, 7:41 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
It is not just DL.
CX, SQ, QR are better than > EK, EY, which are better than > BA, AF, LH > DL, UA, AA > AI, etc
GF was so so, AC is like DL - which is better than AA/UA.
You should see some of the crew on UA to SYD - they take so long you feel you have to help them!
I know they are there "mainly for my safety", but when they are so old and feeble I wonder if they can even open the door if needed

DL points are like cents for domestic travel but my AA points are gold dust for travel on QR and EY
(I hope that lasts a long time, as I wonder if EY & UA are getting closer)
Originally Posted by dldmfll
A friend travel on delta in D1 to Asia, and then continued to Australia on an Asian carrier. He said the service isn't even comparable! Food choices, personal service by the flight attendants – – everything was far superior on the Asian carrier. As soon as the meal service ended, which was rushed, my friend indicated that, the lights went out and you hardly saw a flight attendant again until the second service.
sad!
ACCDraw, JBJ2435 and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Airlines are not restaurants in the sky, and haven't been for decades.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I have wonderful meals in EK/QR/SQ First Class. US carriers are pathetic trash heaps by comparison, that we can agree on.

Seriously D1 food is so pathetic that if im stuck flying D1 internationally ill go to dinner before the airport then go straight to sleep when onboard. Its not going to change, Loyalists are so blind to the airline they will keep throwing money at the subpar product there is no incentive to ever improve. To be fair though, UA food isnt any better.

Last edited by DLATL777; Oct 31, 2023 at 9:49 pm
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Problem is that airlines market the forward cabin with terms such as [1]:
  • “Completely Elevated Dining”
  • “reinvented dining in the Delta One® cabin, which includes seasonal selections, the freshest regionally-sourced ingredients and chef-curated meals. You reap the rewards as Delta works side-by-side with culinary experts from around the world.
  • “Delta’s team of chefs has created local, seasonal and regional entrees featuring the freshest ingredients and flavors…”
Delta’s marketing paints a picture that you will be dinning at a fine dinning restaurant in flight— maybe it’s time to dial back the misleading advertising? I don’t see that happening from Premium Eddie and team anytime soon.

[1] https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...business-class accessed 11/01/2023.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:27 am

"Of course was not done eating the nuts"
In the words of the great John McEnroe, "are you serious"?
TBD likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by DrMilano
Problem is that airlines market the forward cabin with terms such as [1]:
  • “Completely Elevated Dining”
  • “reinvented dining in the Delta One® cabin, which includes seasonal selections, the freshest regionally-sourced ingredients and chef-curated meals. You reap the rewards as Delta works side-by-side with culinary experts from around the world.
  • “Delta’s team of chefs has created local, seasonal and regional entrees featuring the freshest ingredients and flavors…”
Delta’s marketing paints a picture that you will be dinning at a fine dinning restaurant in flight— maybe it’s time to dial back the misleading advertising? I don’t see that happening from Premium Eddie and team anytime soon.

[1] https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...business-class accessed 11/01/2023.
exactly. Delta is promising too much and then very much under delivering. It’s like they’re selling Mercedes and giving you dodge keys.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrMilano
Delta’s marketing paints a picture that you will be dinning at a fine dinning restaurant in flight— maybe it’s time to dial back the misleading advertising?
A good pair of noise cancelling headphones can help drown out the dinning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.