Search

2MM threshold onboard recognition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2023 | 2:49 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited2M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM/2MM
2MM threshold onboard recognition

I admit I'm bragging here in front of people who've achieved 2MM and beyond long before me. I've just never seen DL give me the kind of recognition I received recently for crossing 2MM. If you like surprises, this is your spoiler alert.

On the flight that put me over 2MM, during pre-departure in ATL, a flight attendant surprised me and the F cabin with a short celebration. They had a mylar balloon in the shape of a "2", a certificate, a token gift in a gift bag, and a cardboard banner. She took a picture of the two of us with her own phone (me still in my seat smiling and looking quite embarrassed) with the banner over my head and all the aforementioned accoutrements. She then took a picture with my phone, no doubt because I would put it on social media (which I did). They left me with the gift bag and the certificate.

As I said, I've never seen this before. Is it new? Is it an ATL thing?

Later, they announced the achievement over the intercom.
jimrpa, NOLAnwGOLD, pbjag and 13 others like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 2:53 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by safigan
I admit I'm bragging here in front of people who've achieved 2MM and beyond long before me. I've just never seen DL give me the kind of recognition I received recently for crossing 2MM. If you like surprises, this is your spoiler alert.

On the flight that put me over 2MM, during pre-departure in ATL, a flight attendant surprised me and the F cabin with a short celebration. They had a mylar balloon in the shape of a "2", a certificate, a token gift in a gift bag, and a cardboard banner. She took a picture of the two of us with her own phone (me still in my seat smiling and looking quite embarrassed) with the banner over my head and all the aforementioned accoutrements. She then took a picture with my phone, no doubt because I would put it on social media (which I did). They left me with the gift bag and the certificate.

As an introvert I would be so embarrassed and humiliated that I would quickly fake an illness and immediately exit the flight. I am thrilled that my threshold came from an Amex status boost. A bunch of strangers dont need to know my business.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I saw an at-gate version of this in ATL a couple of weeks ago right before preboarding. Nothing on board that flight though the 2MMer was seated in Main Cabin.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Congratulations! I have never seen this type of thing for any MM before, only at the gate for an individual who was I think 3MM+.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 3:50 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited2M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I wonder if it was supposed to be at the gate, but I had already boarded.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 3:52 pm
50 Countries Visited2M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Deleted

Last edited by DLATL777; Oct 25, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 5:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Gold
They were really cool about my crossing over the 1MM threshold earlier this year, call out during flight, round of applause, etc. Was a very nice touch.
NOLAnwGOLD and pbjag like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 5:47 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I've never seen it at any of the airports or on flights I've been on and my 1 MM came and went unnoticed but it was a while ago. I'll be passing the 2MM mark in December but I'll be on a AF flight from CDG to LAX so nothing expected, but I'm good with that!
NOLAnwGOLD and testycal like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 6:22 pm
40 Countries Visited2M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Wink

Same thing happened to me this past August, as I passed 2MM on my inbound D1 flight from MAD to ATL. I was in the B18 SkyClub having a comped bottle of champagne, when my name was paged overhead that my domestic flight was boarding. When I arrived at the gate there was the same 2 and M balloons as the OP, as the captain of my flight came from the flight deck to the gate area to pose for a picture with the gate agent, as the red coat took the photo with her cellphone and mine. Redcoat also made an announcement at the gate as main 1 was boarding at that time. I also received the printed 2 million miler achievement piece of paper, but no gift bag. People in F asked me what was going on when I arrived at my seat, as I was blushing, but happy with the acknowledgement (of spending too much time in a metal tube at 36,000 ft). When my D1 flight arrived at the ATL gate, the purser made an announcement including my name and seat number that I just cross 2 MM. Not sure what sydneyracquelle will do in the future as you will cross your next MM status in the air, not at home swiping AmEx cards as no more MQM boost in 2024.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 6:42 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by safigan

There was a 1MM celebration on one of my flights ex-BOS last month after boarding two DL staff came down with the GA and announced on the PA that someone on the flight would be reaching 1MM on this flight, and tried to get us to clap for him (there was some scattered, unenthusiastic applause). Then they went down the aisle to his seat (last row in F) and gave him a gift bag of things and left. So maybe if you're near the 1MM threshold and like attention (or gifts) you should aim to cross 1MM from BOS
DrMilano likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 7:00 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
On my 2MM flight the Gate Agent came onboard and announced it over the PA to the whole plane. Gave me a bottle of local wine and a card signed by the PDX staff.
NOLAnwGOLD and DrMilano like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 7:18 pm

To each his/her own. I am extremely introverted and would be absolutely livid if DL called any attention to me in front of a plane full of strangers.
awayIgo and ithacxa like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023 | 11:29 pm
40 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta, United
I reached MM as covid ended in mid 2021. Cannot remember what flight made the crossing. Nothing was said which was fine. Then I did not fly for a while perhaps another year. During a flight a FA congratulated me. Being over a year latter I was not expecting that and a bit embarrassed. I mumble something about that then gracefully said thank you. I sold my MM baggage tags, combined that with and the $$ to offset the cost of a flight.

I will say the status "bump" for current and future MM was quite a surprise. One which is worth saying "thanks."
pbjag likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 5:48 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I always wanted to know if 'Up in the Air' is accurate
pt360 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 7:09 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
I crossed 1MM about 7 years ago on a flight from ATL-STL. A delta agent ran after me as I was boarding and gave me a gift bag. The FA announced it. It was appreciated but nothing over the top. I should get to 2MM by end of year. If not it will be on an AF flight to CDG in January.

This thread made me think about the challenges of doing this in todays age of no-fee changes and cancellations. You may get recognized around your actual flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.