Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

loads question for 2 flights, please/thanks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Dear all,
usually on LH/M&M we have a thread where we can ask for "loads" on certain flights. I did not see it here on Delta, so, I was wondering if someone could be nice enough and post all classes availability for:

DL91 ZRH-ATL on 7/22/24 and 7/23/24
and
DL52 JFK-ZRH on 8/12/24 and 8/13/24

many thanks in advance.

PS.. I am "bummed" I saw on DL91 on 7/23 a "cheap" premium economy fare... and now seems gone... wanted to see the loads on these flights to understand...
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
07/22:
DL091 ZRH-ATL: looks like all classes are available except for G (which is the lowest Premium Eco inventory). Premium Eco is now selling P9A9G0. Seat map shows no Premium Eco seats occupied yet (though that could be misleading)

DL053 ZRH-JFK only selling P9A0G0 for Premium Eco with seat map showing 4 seats occupied in Premium.

07/23:
DL091 ATL:
J9C9D9I0Z0 for Delta One
P9A0G0 for Premium (seat map shows 2 seats occupied)
W9S0 for Comfort Plus
All “9”s in Eco.

DL053 ZRH-JFK:
Premium Eco wide open with P9A9G9.

For the return:
08/12 JFK-ZRH:
all showing “9”s across the board except Delta One is at J9C9D9I9Z8.

08/13 JFK-ZRH:
wide open; all showing “9”s across the board in all fare classes
RedRobin likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight "loads" are largely meaningless at this point as most of these flights have very few seats booked this far out. What matters is fare bucket inventory availability which is controlled by revenue management systems and are based on historical demand patterns, major events/holidays, etc. DL uses P/A/G fare classes for PS with the cheapest being G. There are summer seasonal G fares for $481.50 each way on ZRH-ATL and $394 each-way on ZRH-JFK which have a 7-day minimum stay requirement. In order to book them, you need to find flights with G bucket availability. Note that it's "Schedule Change Saturday" today as DL tends to load schedule updates on Saturday mornings. This can cause issues with inventory management and you are probably better off checking again tomorrow.

As noted above, DL91 only has A bucket open on July 22nd and P on July 23rd (although the July 22nd flight is only showing P fares for booking for some reason). There is G bucket open on DL91 on July 16th. DL52 JFK-ZRH returns on Aug 12th and 13th both have G bucket availability.

RedRobin and nancypants like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 7, 2023 at 9:36 am
Old Oct 7, 2023, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you both ClipperDelta and xliioper for your amazing "right on" responses. As I am not a big Delta follower I was not aware of the "Schedule Change Saturday", and, as such, I do hope tomorrow or Monday the G fare is back for the flight on the 23rd.

This was there yesterday when I quoted:
Carrier DL GH04UBJB ZRH to RIC / Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code G, W / Covers ZRH-ATL (Premium Economy)

Today I see only:
Carrier DL PH00ABJB ZRH to ATL / Passenger type CNN, ROUND-TRIP fare, booking code P / Covers ZRH-ATL (Premium Economy)

Anyhow... I will wait and see another few days and keep trying ....

thanks all, will report back... if you have any "alarms" and see the bucket become available, by all means, please, let me know ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:45 am
Original Poster

so far no rollback or G fare showing back... quite the contrary even more expensive already, the very outbound flight.. so i suspect my "too many searches" have killed my chance of buying this G fare for the date I wanted. arghhh.. hate inventory management
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dup post.
Mr. Tickets likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 9, 2023 at 7:52 am
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedRobin
so far no rollback or G fare showing back... quite the contrary even more expensive already, the very outbound flight.. so i suspect my "too many searches" have killed my chance of buying this G fare for the date I wanted. arghhh.. hate inventory management
This is urban legend. Your searches alone have nothing to do with how inventory management manages class availability on flights. There is outbound G class on DL91 ZRH-ATL open on July 2, 4, 16, and 25 (which is pretty much exactly the same as a couple days ago). There is still G open on DL52 JFK-ZRH on both August 12 and 13 (again, the same as a couple days ago).

Unfortunately, there is still only P bucket open on DL52 ZRH-ATL for both July 22 and 23. Note that post #2 above was looking at US point-of-sale inventory which has A bucket open on July 22. Search should have been done from CH point-of-sale and both July 22 and 23 only have P inventory availability from CH point-of-sale as there can be different inventory availabiity on flights based on point-of-sale.

DL fares above are GH0DI5JB fares which appear to only be available from DL/AF/KL websites (they don't appear on EF). They must be purchased by Nov 30th. GH04UBJB published fares look to be $25 more each way and Sales Expiration is showing as Oct 16th.
hhdl likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 9, 2023 at 8:14 am
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Back on this topic, I'm so frustrated. I "could have" bought the ticket when I first saw it and I didn't... unfortunately. Now, I can only find these fares super expensive... and even regular economy feels expensive. rant over... is there any chance/luck that inventory in cheap classes open up? I look everyday and nothing... thanksgiving, black friday,... etc.. etc.. whats the best way to snag a sale/promotion/mis-fare? thanks for any pointers... looking for zrh-atl (pref. direct) on 7/21 or 22 or 23.. and return NYC (any airport) 8/11, 8/12, 8/13. thanks...
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by RedRobin
Back on this topic, I'm so frustrated. I "could have" bought the ticket when I first saw it and I didn't... unfortunately. Now, I can only find these fares super expensive... and even regular economy feels expensive. rant over... is there any chance/luck that inventory in cheap classes open up? I look everyday and nothing... thanksgiving, black friday,... etc.. etc.. whats the best way to snag a sale/promotion/mis-fare? thanks for any pointers... looking for zrh-atl (pref. direct) on 7/21 or 22 or 23.. and return NYC (any airport) 8/11, 8/12, 8/13. thanks...
Keep checking regularly. I use Google flights for price alerts and to see what deals I can get on multiple dates. The more flexible you are, the easiest it is to score a good price. Consider itineraries with a stopover—that can drastically reduce the cost of premium cabins.
RedRobin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.