Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Atl international terminal

Friday at 1;30 pm—-
better to take Marta bus to F or sign in domestic and take train
thanks
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
There used to be a shuttle between domestic and international. That would be the way I'd go. International has the shortest TSA lines always.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
If there's no line for the shuttle to International, take it. That 10 min ride will likely save you at least that much time in the reduced people in International.

But.... I've heard there can be a long wait for the shuttle sometimes. If that's the case, just stick with domestic.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by haibane
There used to be a shuttle between domestic and international. That would be the way I'd go. International has the shortest TSA lines always.
The wait for bus to arrive, load and depart can negate any time savings. Also is pain if have bags.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
dmac7272. Where exactly do you go to catch that 10 min ride?
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't think the shuttle is part of MARTA.

Because I use remote parking, and their shuttle stops at domestic, I typically try to check in there if I'm on DL, and take the plane train. If not on DL, you'll have to shuttle over. But at that time of day, I doubt there will be a line for the shuttle. It's probably 6 of one/half dozen of the other.

But yes, the shuttle can be a drag. On return, I've sometimes waited 45 minutes because of the huge line.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Why are you asking and what is your precheck
status?
lindros2 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by haibane

there’s still a shuttle. The times spent on the shuttle will negate the savings from the TSA lines. And it’s an awful shuttle. It should be avoided at all costs if it all possible.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 5:26 am

Car rental used to have a shuttle directly to intl. now you have to take 2 shuttles. Better to just go to domestic.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Where is shuttle located from Delta outside check in?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I'm still confused - are you flying OUT of Atlanta, or transferring WITHIN the airport (originating elsewhere)?

There are a couple of options for each, but cheap MARTA train > domestic >> shuttle bus to INTL can have long lines.

Alternatives as people note above:
1. Train to rental car >> shuttle to int'l ("every 15 minutes") - but now it's two...
2. If you are already inside the airport/behind security, take the Plane Train
3. OR... take an Uber (domestic > int'l)
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lindros2
I'm still confused - are you flying OUT of Atlanta, or transferring WITHIN the airport (originating elsewhere)?

There are a couple of options for each, but cheap MARTA train > domestic >> shuttle bus to INTL can have long lines.

Alternatives as people note above:
1. Train to rental car >> shuttle to int'l ("every 15 minutes") - but now it's two...
2. If you are already inside the airport/behind security, take the Plane Train
3. OR... take an Uber (domestic > int'l)
out of atl
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
MARTA does not operate the inter-airport shuttle from Domestic to INTL Terminal F. The airport itself runs that bus. It takes about 10-15 minutes' driving, depending on traffic around the airport, plus wait time to load & unload.

If you're driving your own car, consider parking at the off-site parking lot at INTL called FastPark. Their shuttles are frequent and the ride is a quick 3-4 minutes. You'll see a major time savings versus starting anywhere on the domestic side, whether driving your own car, rental car, or coming by MARTA.

In my experience, the extra time to reach the INTL terminal for a departing flight isn't something I mind. But parking over there wins me over when I'm back in my car within 15 minutes of clearing customs after arriving back in ATL versus shuttling back over to domestic and shuttling again to the parking lots.
lindros2 and JojaFlyer like this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by fb0075
out of atl
so why not take an Uber/cab to International?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by lindros2
so why not take an Uber/cab to International?
good luck.

uber will not be able to find a driver and a taxi driver is going to give you hexx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.