Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit past expiration

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Credit past expiration

If I have a credit that expires in December, what happens if I book a flight for after December then cancel it? Will they let me? Just want to make sure I am not screwed if I do need to cancel (not trying to game system)

I’m not intending to, but does the system handle it differently within 24 hours cancel vs after in this case? Or if I would cancel before December vs after December?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Credits expiring on December 31, 2023 can be used to book a flight as far out in 2024 as possible. If you cancel that trip (after 12/31/23), the credit will become worthless. They will not be extended. This last part was in the original announcement, but I can no longer find a reference to it online. It could be a YMMV situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.