Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL has announced EQD accrual rates for partner flights in 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion

UPDATE: pt360 has analyzed all the partner airlines and has created a document at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

This might have been mentioned in the longer threads, but DL has released details for the EQD accrual rate when flying a partner airline flights.
This might warrant a separate thread for its discussion.

EQDs are earned as the product of distance flown and a fare class multiplier, as is the case today, as DL cannot see revenue information for flights it does not ticket/market.

Surprise, surprise, this is, net-net, a big devaluation.

I have only looked at a few airlines.

For KLM international (not intra-Europe):
- Fare buckets unchanged: J (40%), O (20%), ETN (10%), RGVX (5%)
- Fare buckets earning more: HLQ (10% -> 15%)
- Fare buckets earning less: CDIZ (40% -> 30%), WSA (30%->25%), YBM (25%->20%), UK (20%->15%)

Korean Air:
- Fare buckets unchanged: PF (60%), J (40%), W (25%), M (20%), LUG (10%), TN (5%)
- Fare buckets earning more: K (10%->15%)
- Fare buckets earning less: CDIR (40%->30%), YB (25%->20%), SHE (20%->15%), Q (10%->5%)

I don't think anyone here believes that the overall changes are a good thing, but this is irrefutable proof that the changes are a straight-up devaluation.
ebayj likes this.

Last edited by Spent_All_My_Miles; Sep 19, 2023 at 8:38 pm Reason: To incorporate link created by pt360
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
This might have been mentioned in the longer threads, but DL has released details for the EQD accrual rate when flying a partner airline flights.

EQDs are earned as the product of distance flown and a fare class multiplier, as is the case today, as DL cannot see revenue information for flights it does not ticket/market.

- Fare buckets earning less: CDIZ (40% -> 30%), WSA (30%->25%), YBM (25%->20%), UK (20%->15%)

Korean Air:
- Fare buckets unchanged: PF (60%), J (40%), W (25%), M (20%), LUG (10%), TN (5%)
- Fare buckets earning less: CDIR (40%->30%), YB (25%->20%), SHE (20%->15%), Q (10%->5%)

I don't think anyone here believes that the overall changes are a good thing, but this is irrefutable proof that the changes are a straight-up devaluation.
And that’s how Deval airlines rolls.
Spiff and ebayj like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Of course the premium cabin full fare buckets don't change and everything else gets nerfed. Pretty much in line with Skypeso program changes.

Last edited by secretalcoholic; Sep 18, 2023 at 9:36 pm
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:13 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I think it's quite possible that we will see the airlines DL has joint ventures with (AF, KL, VS, KE, LA, AM) switch to revenue-based RDM and MQD earning at some point, since there isn't an antitrust issue to seeing their fares (I don't believe any of those JVs have any carve-outs where they have to compete with DL, someone please correct me if I'm wrong). AA recently announced revenue-based mileage and loyalty point earning on BA and IB, which may set a precedent for the industry.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Of course the premium cabin buckets don't change and everything else gets nerfed. Pretty much in line with Skypeso program changes.
Um, that's not correct. Premium full fare don't change. However the lower fare classes do.
lsquare and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Not that any of this is ok, but it would at least be digestible if Delta itself flew to tons of Asian destinations, but its route map to Asia is awful.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jj243
Not that any of this is ok, but it would at least be digestible if Delta itself flew to tons of Asian destinations, but its route map to Asia is awful.
Same with AA. UA has a much better tpac network.
Spiff likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:16 am

Korean Air:

Thanks SAMM for calling attention to this...it was lost in the AMEX/Lounge furor.

Anyone feeling motivated to compile a full matrix of changes for partner-marketed EQD rates? A hug and kiss await you!
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
At least they haven't noticed and copied UA's strict quantity cap on partner earnings... yet.
DrMilano, ebayj, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'll start compiling a chart on a Google Doc and share the link in this thread. Doing this in my off time at work so we will see if it takes a few hours or a few days lol.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by findark
At least they haven't noticed and copied UA's strict quantity cap on partner earnings... yet.
It's only a matter of time.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by findark
DL has a financial stake in some of its partners, so maybe that is somewhat less likely.
ebayj likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Here is the link to the sheet as it is. Right now I have loaded in AM, AF, China Southern, and KLM. I will continue to build this out but let me know if there are any errors or if there are more column/types you'd like to see etc.

Not sure if someone can pin this message or move this to the top of the thread or something.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
jinglebear, lsquare and ebayj like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by pt360
Here is the link to the sheet as it is. Right now I have loaded in AM, AF, China Southern, and KLM. I will continue to build this out but let me know if there are any errors or if there are more column/types you'd like to see etc.

Not sure if someone can pin this message or move this to the top of the thread or something.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Wow! Lengthy hug and a wet kiss to you pt360! Well done!

I cannot edit the doc, so would suggest two changes:
1. Add the partner name on row 1
2. For AM and LATAM, combine cols B and C so that columns for all partners align; i.e. cols H and I represent the MQDs for now and 2024.

Once again, well done! XOXOXO
pt360 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
The AF/KL WSA (Premium Econ) fares was generally how I remained at least Gold over the years. With these devalued earnings combined with the heavily increased MQD thresholds, I'll be lucky to be Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.